3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This product wasn't bad, but it's not that amazing to me either. The price was reasonable and for a few bucks more, was considerably better than MAC's prep + prime lash. The brush: I like it being tapered, to get the ends and corners, as well as my lower lashes. I would prefer if it had more bristles to better separate and coat each lash though. The formula: Helped lengthen and add volume to my very thin lashes, creating a good base and making whatever mascara I use on top more dramatic. Overall: It wasn't expensive and it did it's primary job, but I find that a lot of primers from double ended drugstore mascaras to work even better for me, strangely enough. That being said, I'd rather just use the cheaper stuff.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

10 years ago

This is a decent product, but not one I feel is really necessary. After trying this with all of my mascaras, I found that is just makes up for your mascara if it is lacking something in the first place. It does some lengthening, volumizing, curl-holding and reduces transfer, but a good mascara shouldn't need this to help it along! I'll use this to help use up some of my not-fantastic mascaras but probably won't repurchase after that.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

This is my first primer, so I can't say how it compares to the others, but I can definitely see a difference when I use it... Pros: -Makes my lashes ridiculously long... though it might be because it's white that it looks longer than they really are -Mascara flakes less -I have this little notch of short eyelashes, and this fixes it pretty well. (kinda looks like this: l l l ivi ll l so yeah, kinda retarded.) -My bottom lashes don't look dainty and frail with this on :) Cons: -Doesn't hold a curl well -- so I dont put this in my roots anymore, just a few strokes at the tips -expensive! fyi: I use the high impact mascara most of the time with this, but occasionally e.l.f. earth & water duo. Both work fine with this

About reviewer (66 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

10 years ago

My experience with this was not good. I've tried it twice, so it wasn't just a fluke. I could not get enough product on my lashes. It just would not distribute very much at all. It was like using no primer at all. I blame the brush the most for this. The brush is very soft and therefore does not grab the lashes and also creates clumps very easily. I eventually got a huuuuge gray-white clump of crap at the end of the tube where you pull the brush out. It was pretty gross and I had to toss both within a month of beginning to use it. It is cheap, but I want something that will last longer than that.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

1.0

10 years ago

This really sucked. I used Shiseido & now use Kanebo Kate-the best!!!! Does not hold curl at all, it actually is so heavy that made my curled lashes drop down even lower than they are in their natural state. Not worth it, going back to the store.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrown

10 years ago

This is the first real primer I have tried. I tried the Rimmel Style and Shine; but it is really hard to even compare the two because they are so different. The Clinique Primer really lengthens and thickens my lashes. Mostly though I wanted it to keep my mascara in place. Because no matter what mascara I have tried that claimed it would not flake, smudge or etc. it always did. Especially on my bottom lashes. I have fair skin and red hair so I need to wear mascara and any flake or smudge is highly visible. And because I wear contacts my eyes always seem to water. The primer has really kept my mascara in place and unless I cry or have excessive watering it will stay put. So far I have only tried the Clinique Lash Power (in Brown) over it, but I love the combination and I am totally happy and feel my search is over.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairRed

11 years ago

I love love LOVE this primer. I've used Shiseido and MAC lash primers and while they're ok, IMO, the Clinique one outperforms both in holding a curl and lengthening. The Shiseido one was so difficult to remove and the brush didn't feel that great. The MAC primer was ok but the brush was quite big and after awhile, the formula got quite goopy and seemed to weigh down my lashes. The brush is a nice medium size and the formula feels very light. I will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

11 years ago

my eyelash did appear to be a few centimeter longer and it's easy to remove. other than these, there really isn't anything outstanding about this primer. l'oreal's primer has the same result, and it is also a cheaper alternative

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

i loved this when I first got it.. I have long lashes that curl great but they never stay up for more then a half hour.. when I would use this i would apply the primer then use a lash comb .. then use a curler... then top it off with my normal mascara

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

One word: AMAZING. I've noticed that every since I've been using this primer, I have been losing a lot less eyelashes. The main reason I wanted to try a mascara primer was because I found that mascaras have left a drying effect, and in turn, some of my lashes have become damaged to the point where they were either breaking off at the tips or falling out altogether. It wasn't a major issue however, but I did want it to stop. In my experience, when I use this primer under ANY mascara (and I have tried quite a few), my lashes still feel soft, full, and more like my natural eyelashes! That's not to say that it leaves a natural look. This primer clings to mascara pigment like I've never seen and every lash gets coated with pigment. The result is almost staggering. Dramatic, lush, long, buildable lashes with every stroke! I love this look for even day time so, needless to say, this primer has become my HG. After reading some reviews about this product, I find that I haven't had the same experience with the white tips that some have. I guess it's all in the technique or mascara applied over. This primer does not necessarily need to dry so it does not add much time at all to my daily routine and that's always a plus. I got this for $13 at Sephora, and it's definitely worth the money. If you haven't tried this or are thinking about trying a mascara primer, don't hesitate. It won't leave a dent in your wallet and in fact, is cheaper than a lot of mascaras!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark