3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

For now this is my go-to lash primer. Ever since they discontinued my beloved Shiseido The Makeup mascara base, and unable to drop money on another tube of Dior lash primer, I decided to try Clinique's. It doesn't lengthen as much as my Shiseido, but does a great job holding a curl in my coarse and hard to curl lashes, and helps with separating lashes before I apply mascara. Best of all, it's probably one of the less expensive primers out there. I will continue to repurchase until I find something that works as well as my old Shiseido!

About reviewer (169 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I used to have a problem with my mascara smearing a little under my eyes throughout the day. Between this and the Aquatique shadow primer I no longer have to wipe makeup from my lower eyelids throughout the day.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

8 years ago

After reading the reviews i thought id try it as the one i wanted lancome was waaaaaay to expensive for me at the momment.Like another reviewer said its no different to the mascaras you get with a primer so its good but iv'e tried the 2 in 1 mascaras and for price will find another one of those again instead of buying this.For me eyelash primers won't give a excellent curl anyway, thats when a good eyelash curler comes in to help..this is a good price tho and im glad i tried it but won't be repurchasing.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

2.0

8 years ago

It went on well and did help my lashes to look better at first. Then after a short time, it pulled the curl out. Took it back. Will try Merle Norman next.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0

8 years ago

I purchased this primer and have been using it for about a month now. I was somewhat surprised by all the glowing reviews. I find this to be not any better than the primer that comes with my different 2-in-1 mascaras. I have fairly long but fine lashes. Was hoping for more volume from this product. For the price I just don't think its worth it. I will use this up but will not repurchase.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairGrey, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

This product does everything it is supposed to do. I had actually forgotten about primers and mostly gave up wearing any mascara on my skimpy lashes since their return following chemo. This is the first I've tried - I've already ordered a couple of other brands to try - but I doubt I'll find anything to compare to Clinique and will just ignore the higher price and stay with this. I apply two coats of primer and two coats of any mascara. I have lashes again!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

3.0

8 years ago

About me: NW13 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW. Great for lengthening and volumizing. Defeats curling your lashes because they will wilt. I'm a bit sad, since I bought it to help hold my curl.

About reviewer (870 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

from

8 years ago

I've been using this primer for over a year and am very happy with it. It goes on smooth and does a good job lengthening and plumping up my lashes. No, it won't give you obese, monolithic lashes, but I have been told a few times that "wow, your eyelashes look so long!" (My bare lashes are nothing to stare at, trust me.) The packaging is also pretty sleek! I think this primer deserves higher ratings than it's been getting.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Medium

8 years ago

WOW! I never bought into the whole lash primer thing when it started a few years ago. I thought it was another mediocre product beauty companies convinced people they needed. Then, I received a sample of this Clinique lash primer as an extra in a swap and thought I might as well try it... And I'm amazed at what a difference this makes! I have stick-straight, sparse, short, stubby Asian eyelashes. I usually wear falsies when I want my lashes to look good. When I apply a few coats of this primer plus a few coats of L'Oreal Telescopic, the result looks like I'm wearing "natural" falsies! My lashes are sooo long and thick with no clumping or flaking. It lasts all day, too! Definitely give this product a shot if you have short stubby lashes - and use it with Telescopic. I'll post a picture as soon as I can! :)

About reviewer (252 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

9 years ago

My HG lash primer (and believe me, I've tried them all). One coat improves ANY mascara. I prefer not to let it dry before I add my mascara - I apply this primer, then wait only 30 seconds, so it's still 'tacky' before applying my mascara. Even waterproof mascaras, which are known to be a little thinner and wetter than normal mascaras, look good with this primer. If you're after a falsh lash effect, 2 coats of this, then 2 coats of your favourite volumising mascara look immense. Can't recommend this highly enough. It doesn't last that long, but I can't knock a lippie off as it still does an amazing job!!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35