2.9

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 years ago

This is a very good layering scent! I use a dab of it along with other BPAL mellow scents to create my own sexy smell. It's pretty deep and seductive. Intense. I wouldn't wear it by itself. I give it a 3.5 rating.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

9 years ago

If you like vintage Tabu-easily bought for around $.25-$2 at fine garage sales everywhere-don't buy this. This smells EXACTLY like vintage Tabu. It sticks closer to the skin, but it's Tabu perfume oil. Read a review on this and prompted by whim and a fat PayPal account, I bought it. Do I regret it? Yes! I already own a 50 ml bottle of vintage Tabu-a several lifetimes supply. Does it smell great? Yeah! It smells like Tabu. My advice, by some cheap vintage Tabu and tell people it's BPAL's Debauchery.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

2.0

14 years ago

I tend to wear heavy scents OK, and I see the exotic combination of notes that's being attempted here, but that civet note just kind of turned all the others to rot. It's fine when you first put it on (the opium scent is wonderful) but once it dries, civet is all that remains. Civet kind of smells like poo on me, to put it bluntly. Pass.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

14 years ago

I love the idea of perfume oils, they produce a much more "natural" scent and they last all day and I love the fact often times the scent evolves into something different. But, I have had a hard time finding a BPAL scent that suits me. I got Debauchery as an imp and I have to say this is one of my least favorite bpal to date. It may be this just doesn't work with my body chemisty. I got an overwhelming rubber tire smell that overpowered anything else.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairRed

14 years ago

[b}Just to be clear: I am giving this 4 lippies because of the whole "concept" of this fragrance..it truly is, in my opinion, mind blowing. Kudos to Beth and the Lab for being able to create such a provocative fragrance. It certainly is the type of scent to generate TONS of discussion. So..without further ado.. _______________________________________________________________________________ I received an imp of this as a *freebie* from an Ebay forumite when I acquired another BPAL oil...so although not on my official list of oils to try, I figured I might as well be open minded and try something different. Different is putting it mildly. And with that...here I go with my review. Let me preface this by saying I have tried it 3 times...and tonight will be the 4th..so without further ado: From the vial/imp: I totally get the opium...and I guess the musk..and that's all I get. Not exactly what I usually gravitate towards..but it is very sexy smelling..very heady and dark. Applied wet on sking: First whiff again is of opium and red musk...and almost immediately following this heady/sexy combo...coming up strong from behind is the civet. I have to say..the very first time I tried this on my wrist..the civet seemed overwhelming..I guess I never smelled this note so strongly in a fragrance before..and yeah...it IS carnal...a bit feral/feline-like...definitely animalistic. I don't know if because this is the 4th time around my nose has acclimated to the civet or not..but it doesn't seem so aggressive and angry... Dry on skin (3 min)-The headiness is still quite strong...all the notes on me are definitely pulling their weight. No fading going on here...this is some SERIOUS fragrance...heavy on the sex.... 30 minutes later: The civet has softened a BIT...but I still smell it with the other notes...and I have to say..it isn't a bad formula... Bottom line: The first time I tried this.. I didn't even have the guts to wear it out..I actually wore it to bed....and when I did I was CONVINCED this was just a fragrance that was so NOT ME...and I still stick with that statement. HOWEVER:that being said...I wore this 3 times previously...and today is the 4th...there is SOMETHING about this oil...cuervosueno aptly described to some extent how I feel about Debauchery-meaning the following: In my opinion, this fragrance is the type of fragrance I would envision me wearing when I wanted to repel certain type of people...the type of people who are mainstream, the type of people who I can *read* easily. I would wear this fragrance if I wanted to go somewhere edgey and uncomfortable..if I wanted to meet or attract a person whose fancies and preferences ran along the lines *exotic*...I wouldn't wear this on a date...but more so if I wanted something more..shall we say....fast and physical??? To me, this fragrance can help one step outside of what feels normal and safe and slip into a more adventurous side of oneself...where there are no supposed rules Since I have worn this to bed, I have had the most interesting dreams...dreams of things that I normally don't think about...extremely vivid..and a bit graphic..in a very carnal manner. So...I have to admit this is indeed a very sexual scent...but for me it isn't a very intimate scent...but more animal/carnal. I can't say I would buy...but I will admit the imp is indeed very provocative...it hints of dark pleasures...anybody who isn't afraid of *pushing the envelope* might very well find this particular oil right up their alley.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

from

15 years ago

BPAL just cannot do sultry and mysterious. I haven't found one scent yet from them that was alluring and intriguing the way this one is supposed to be. Same with this particular blend... Zzzzzzz...

About reviewer (1158 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

2.0

15 years ago

In the bottle: Smells like civet and roses with a hint of incense. First on: Smells like roses, dust, civet and a slight note of musk. After a few minutes: Still rather dusty smelling, the rose has faded to more of a tea rose, more of a warm musk coming out now, with a hint of something earthy/herbal. A few more: The musk has become creamier with a slight note of soap, the rose and dusty notes are almost gone. After an hour and a bit: A slight dusty scent is back, same with a bit of rose and a faint hint of musk. There is also a whisp of a peppery powder. Now it's only really noticable when I stick my nose right in close to my wrist.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

16 years ago

Ewww, I can appreciate the more dark, dirty perfumes and enjoy them, but this one is just nasty! I hope it is just on me or my chemistry because I can't imagine anyone wanting to smell of this. The civet smells of Body Odor and nail polish remover. It smells like stinky ole sweat. If you find that rank, body smell sexy, then you may like this. It is very dark and heady, but very much an animal/body/carnal scent.

About reviewer (191 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

16 years ago

Besides Snake Oil, this is one of my favorite BPAL scents. Very dark and mysterious. I love it!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

16 years ago

From Love Potions - A sinful, licentious scent: self-indulgent and luxurious. Mingled heady civet and red Egyptian musk, thickened with opium. <P> A litte bit dirty this one...in a good way. I don't think I've ever smelt Civet, but I'm pretty sure I can pick it out in this! Very animalistic with a slight sweetness from the musk I think, which saves it from being too carnal. The drydown is a touch dry with that ample musk and opium swimming through. So true that this is a self-indulgent scent, as it makes <I>me</I> want to be naughty rather than me wanting it to make someone else be naughty with me! To make it less overt, if I want to soften that wicked edge slightly, I sometimes wear it with Dragonfly Blue Nile Musk - I haven't any of the single note BPAL musks, but BPAL White Musk might do a similar thing.

About reviewer (557 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other