Lacoste Lacoste Pour Femme

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Lacoste  Lacoste Pour Femme
Lacoste pour femme. April 2012Stocking up (Shiseido and Lacoste pour femme)Lacoste Pour Femme

4.1

on 9/22/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing Lacoste Pour Femme EDP now, and it's my 4th day in a row. It's so easy to wear! This is the perfect neutral natural go-to perfume. It's like nude lipstick -- a neutral fresh, beige, warm, skin-like fragrance that is barely noticeable as perfume at all. It's subtle -- great for people who don't like strong, heavy fragrances -- and great in warm weather.

It dries down on my skin to a fresh light musk. When I sniff my skin after it has dried down, it just smells light & musky -- absolutely delicious. The initial spray smells, to my nose, like a soft muted bergamot (although there's no bergamot in note list) + soft light sandalwood + skin musk. A soft, fresh, warm, natural-smelling, skin musky perfume. A wonderful light fresh subtle "nude" fragrance -- not overly sweet, powdery, or sharp in any way.

An EDP launched in 2003, here are the notes, per Parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pimento, Purple freesia
Heart Notes -- European heliotrope, Iranian jasmine, Hibiscus blossom, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes -- Himalaya cedarwood, Velvet skin accord, Mysore sandalwood, Frankincense

Fragrantica.com says:

"The fragrance is very comfortable, naturally elegant, and sporty ..... the commercial probably known to all symbolizes spontaneous beauty, easiness, and freedom of the scent and the woman who wears it."

I smell nothing but freshness, light wood, and skin musk. Soft & smooth, not powdery, not sharp. It smells to me like the color beige -- like a beige suede -- it would fit well with a crisp white shirt & khaki pants. Clean, fresh, natural, soft, subtle, "your skin but better".

This has gotten very high ratings & reviews on Fragrantica and other websites. Personally, I turn to it when weather starts getting warm & muggy -- I like it best in summer -- but being a soft fresh natural skin scent, it can be worn any time, any season, any occasion.

I can't really pick out any specific notes in this perfume and it is rather linear, so what you initially spritz is pretty much what you get all the way through to the drydown. So imagine taking a lovely warm bath, drying yourself with a big soft fluffy white towel and dusting yourself with expensive powder using a big powder puff. That's it! Relaxed, soft, warm, clean and powdery. I like it.

I absolutely love this perfume. It's very sweet scent sophisticated and very feminine. I get many compliments on this from men and women. I will buy this again.

on 1/24/2009 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

At first I didn't smell anything but the smell went stronger. Smells like an old lady, very disturbing. Defenatly not for young people.

I was able to find this at my Marshalls for $30. I was so happy because I had tried a sample of this a few years ago and loved it. It's so different and light and fresh smelling. I just love perfumes that don't have that nasty vanilla or heavy floral undertone. This one is unique but still smells warm and natural.

on 10/11/2006 8:57:00 PM

Updated review: Very nice fragrance! Finishing up a sample of this today in hot summer. Lacoste pour Femme won't clobber you over the head but it has more complexity than a simple hot weather citrus refresher. Here are the notes I found on the Lacoste website:

Top: Jamaican Pepper /Purple Freesia /
Mid: Heliotrope/Iranian Jasmine/Hibiscus/Bulgarian Rose Absolute/Ambrette Seed
Base: Himalayan Cedar/Sandalwood/Incense

Unfortunately, it doesn't last long on my skin. It dries down sweet and skin-scent-like.

This is the definition of a skin scent for me. Warm, soft, and seems to melt into my skin. If you like a perfume that has Presence with a capital P, Lacoste will probably not fit the bill--it's just too sheer and translucent. (Although, the top notes can be sharp and peppery). I love this fragrance because you can truly wear it anywhere and anytime, without worrying that your scent will overpower you or bother those around you. It's just warm, clean and feminine, noticeable without grabbing your attention, soft without being boring. Perfection.

on 6/1/2006 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Dang... have you ever wished that you could just wear the test strip? This fagrance smells SO good... light and fresh and just plain wonderful... at least until I put it on - then it becomes something quite unflattering on me.

This is a beautiful crisp summer day - you will so enjoy it - it just doesn't work on me.

on 2/14/2006 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hands down my favorite department store fragrance - I'm surprised that I never added a review for it (I'm almost on my third bottle!). It's my constant...the scent I reach for when I can't decide what perfume to wear for the day. It's just very clean and has a mixture of fresh from the shower/skin-scent-but-better quality. I can't see this being offensive to anyone. The specific notes in this are: Ruby Grapefruit, Italian Bergamot, Plum Accord, Apple, Juniper Berry, Cardamon, Pink Peppercorn, Cinnamon Bark, Rum Absolute, Sandalwood, Agarbois, Vanilla Bean and Modern Musk.

on 11/1/2005 11:40:00 AM

Peppery rose that dries down on me to a very soft musky-rosy-cedarwood. Very fresh and pretty, like French countryside breezes on fresh laundry. Not overpowering. I would imagine this to be the perfect fragrance for a 'new mom' - what a lovely fragrance for one to remember their mother by. You can always depend on LaCoste to do a fragrance well, for men or women. This is what "Ombre Rose" would be if it were done right.

Popular Fragrances