Lacoste Lacoste Pour Femme

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Lacoste  Lacoste Pour Femme
Lacoste pour femme. April 2012Stocking up (Shiseido and Lacoste pour femme)Lacoste Pour Femme

4.4

on 9/22/2013 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing Lacoste Pour Femme EDP now, and it's my 4th day in a row. It's so easy to wear! This is the perfect neutral natural go-to perfume. It's like nude lipstick -- a neutral fresh, beige, warm, skin-like fragrance that is barely noticeable as perfume at all. It's subtle -- great for people who don't like strong, heavy fragrances -- and great in warm weather.

It dries down on my skin to a fresh light musk. When I sniff my skin after it has dried down, it just smells light & musky -- absolutely delicious. The initial spray smells, to my nose, like a soft muted bergamot (although there's no bergamot in note list) + soft light sandalwood + skin musk. A soft, fresh, warm, natural-smelling, skin musky perfume. A wonderful light fresh subtle "nude" fragrance -- not overly sweet, powdery, or sharp in any way.

An EDP launched in 2003, here are the notes, per Parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pimento, Purple freesia
Heart Notes -- European heliotrope, Iranian jasmine, Hibiscus blossom, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes -- Himalaya cedarwood, Velvet skin accord, Mysore sandalwood, Frankincense

Fragrantica.com says:

"The fragrance is very comfortable, naturally elegant, and sporty ..... the commercial probably known to all symbolizes spontaneous beauty, easiness, and freedom of the scent and the woman who wears it."

I smell nothing but freshness, light wood, and skin musk. Soft & smooth, not powdery, not sharp. It smells to me like the color beige -- like a beige suede -- it would fit well with a crisp white shirt & khaki pants. Clean, fresh, natural, soft, subtle, "your skin but better".

This has gotten very high ratings & reviews on Fragrantica and other websites. Personally, I turn to it when weather starts getting warm & muggy -- I like it best in summer -- but being a soft fresh natural skin scent, it can be worn any time, any season, any occasion.

This is my second signature perfume. I actually got this as a gift from my husband who hates my L by Lolita Lempicka...
It is so soft and quiet yet so unique... It is like a powdery smell of buttery honey. Ok, if you lost me: it is sweet and powdery, but at the same time it has a soft, almost buttery texture and in the end I definitely get a honey-like scent. But nothing overpowering. It is so clean and soft that I wear it mostly in summer till autumn. So cute!
The staying power is so and so. I can definitely smell it after a few hours, but if I really want to enjoy it I must re-apply after about 3 hours and by then its not so "clean". I do not expect it to be there for all my 10-hour workday, but juuust a little more staying power and it would have been a 5.
I like the sturdy package and how the cap firmly clicks on. And the design is simple and refreshing. It lets the perfume speak of itself.
When it runs out, I think it would be time for another gift from dear husband!

on 2/26/2010 7:07:00 PM

This is my everyday fragrance. It's crisp, young, floral and professional all at the same time. I feel very polished and I always get compliments when I wear this. It's a nice everyday, subtle fragrance. Top Notes- Jamaican Pepper, Purple Freesia. Middle Notes- Hibiscus, Jasmine, Bulgarian Rose. Base Notes- Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Incense.

on 5/8/2008 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Lacoste Pour Femme is a floral that is so creamy and buttery, I can almost feel it swirling around my tongue. It's like my BBW Sheer Freesia body cream and Yankee Candle Buttercream votives fooled around and had a love child. The staying power is incredible -- I can still smell it at bedtime without ever reapplying. This is one fragrance I will purchase again and again.

Lacoste Pour Femme is not discontinued, but is not easily found in stores in the U.S. I've seen it only at Ulta and Perfumania. However, it is available from many online discounters.

on 2/29/2008 9:19:00 PM

preppy and fresh but at the same time, undeniably sexy. definitely my signature scent. it smells amazing and i get compliments on it all the time. my go-to scent. i'm on my third bottle, i noticed they'd discontinued it (i think) so i picked up the bottle i have now in europe this summer on a ferry. however, i saw it at a perfumania at a mall in dallas, tx the other week.

underrated scent! sexy, mod, clean. i love to wear it in the spring!

on 10/30/2007 11:38:00 PM

I fell in love with this fragrance after it was discontinued. I found an old sample that I'd never worn and tried it. I was immediately intrigued. I detected a top note that smelled like pepper, then it dried down to a very soft floral fragrance. I ordered a gift set online and then went to TJ Maxx and bought another bottle for back up. This is a great casual scent and is the go-to fragrance for when I can't decide. It's a sporty and preppy scent to me. It's not a sexy fragrance in the normal sense, but I suppose it could be to some people. The smell of it is somewhat reminscent of the fragrance of Puff's tissues. This stuff has great staying power, also. The body lotion is nice and is great to layer with the perfume. The bottle is very understated and tasteful. It provides tactile gratification with the textured metal cap. I would repurchase. I don't understand why they would discontinue this stuff with all the rave reviews it gets.

on 7/6/2007 3:55:00 AM

There are 2 ways to wear perfume: 1) Person wears a strong perfume, and the first memory is "perfumey". It is not pleasant at all actually, you just cant really think of anything else but that perfume she/he wears. Maybe it is because they sprayed too much or the perfume is just very strong. 2. The perfume is only detectable when you get close enough to conversate with person. The perfume lingers softly and it is all together pleasant experience. You will not be thinking about perfume with this person. You will be thinking more like "nice (or bithcy) person and/but she/he smells so good!

I cant understand how someone can get old lady images of Lacose pour femme but actually, I can because everybody has a different chemistry. But on me this blends with me like great perfume should. It does not yell, it lingers. It is barely detectable, but believe me, it is detactable enough. It is not sweet, just very chic.

on 1/4/2007 3:56:00 PM

Er got this for xmas and only used it a couple of times, although it smells fresh think it's a bit too oldish for my liking

on 10/11/2006 8:57:00 PM

Updated review: Very nice fragrance! Finishing up a sample of this today in hot summer. Lacoste pour Femme won't clobber you over the head but it has more complexity than a simple hot weather citrus refresher. Here are the notes I found on the Lacoste website:

Top: Jamaican Pepper /Purple Freesia /
Mid: Heliotrope/Iranian Jasmine/Hibiscus/Bulgarian Rose Absolute/Ambrette Seed
Base: Himalayan Cedar/Sandalwood/Incense

Unfortunately, it doesn't last long on my skin. It dries down sweet and skin-scent-like.

Popular Fragrances