Lacoste Lacoste Pour Femme

Filtered by age: 44-55
Lacoste  Lacoste Pour Femme
Lacoste pour femme. April 2012Stocking up (Shiseido and Lacoste pour femme)Lacoste Pour Femme

4.3

on 3/18/2017 6:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very sheer, very milky and powdery, and not in a way I admire. I guess I'm not the demographic for this one

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Years ago I purchased this from Macy's. I absolutely loved it. I must have used the entire bottle as I forgot about it. I joined up on the perfume forums because I took a great interest in fragrances again and stumbled upon the reviews on this. I remembered owning it and had a good memory but decided to order a bottle. Low and behold new white packaging and zero power. Less power then my hairspray! REFORMULATION GONE TERRIBLY WRONG! Sent it back and found a seller with the original formula. Got it and remembered my deep love affair for this fragrance. I just ordered another and will stash it away since the old is very hard to find.

The scent how do I describe it... soft, gentle, floral with a hint of musk - a very very unusual scent. This is not something you smell every day. It's not heavy, it's not old - it's not fruity or Gormand, it's not overly floral, it's not masculine... as you can see I am able to tell you what it is not but to describe what it is is very hard. I will call it extremely unique and a very safe bet!!! It's bedtime and I sprayed it on my arm. It get's better as it sits on the skin. And the smell lasts.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Bought this unsniffed based on comments here on MUA ..just received parcel hr ago and quick spray....WOW this is abs beautiful ..its like a beautiful wedding bouquet ..it smells of weddings!!! I only spritzed a tiny spray on my neck and its wafting all over ...its very very pretty ..cant wait to wear this for my husband ..he'll love it ...def buy again but the 100ml size next...only got 30ml as buying untried...but very glad I did ..def can recommend this fragrance ...very pretty and feminine. Like the bottle too very chunky bottle with gold top ...little crocodile logo on top.

on 12/4/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

On me, this smells exactly like Carolina Herrera 212 (which I absolutely adore). It smells clean and fresh and I like that. A lot of perfumes with a "clean" scent are seen as pedestrian and ordinary, but I don't see anything wrong with that. When I was growing up, most women wore insanely strong perfumes, like Youth Dew and Poison (perhaps to cover up the pervasive smell of cigarettes), I welcome the clean scents.

I can't really pick out any specific notes in this perfume and it is rather linear, so what you initially spritz is pretty much what you get all the way through to the drydown. So imagine taking a lovely warm bath, drying yourself with a big soft fluffy white towel and dusting yourself with expensive powder using a big powder puff. That's it! Relaxed, soft, warm, clean and powdery. I like it.

When I was preparing for my wedding in 1999, one of my must haves was a new fragrance. Like most folks, I associate specific people and periods of my life with the scent that was prevalent. I wanted a new fragrance that I would forever associate with one of the happiest days of my life. I had an idea of what sort of fragrance I was looking for...Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist was already my then favorite, so I had to find something similar, yet very different.

What I was looking for was *this* scent.

Unfortunately, it did not appear until 4 years later, but that hasn't stopped it's becoming my absolute favorite and signature scent, even though it doesn't conjure memories of my wedding. I never come home without having received at least one compliment on this fragrance during the day.

At first spritz, it is sweet, soft and yet sharp - with a soft note of Vetiver buried beneath it's plushy cloud. Thankfully, the Vetiver dries off - I am prone to Vetiver-induced headaches. You are left with only the soft, comforting notes, although it is not the slightest bit cloying.

It brings to mind the softest beigey-mauve tones when I close my eyes. I think of myself as more of a green fragrance lover, but since I find myself most attracted to this fragrance and Cashmere Mist, I'm clearly incorrect.

The body wash and lotion are equally nice; the lotion is longer lasting than the wash. And the EDP is long lasting (at least on me) as i find I still receive compliments long after I've stopped being able to detect it myself.

You can find roll-ons from UK vendors, which is handy. I buy this in multiples wherever I can find the best price.

on 10/11/2006 8:57:00 PM

Updated review: Very nice fragrance! Finishing up a sample of this today in hot summer. Lacoste pour Femme won't clobber you over the head but it has more complexity than a simple hot weather citrus refresher. Here are the notes I found on the Lacoste website:

Top: Jamaican Pepper /Purple Freesia /
Mid: Heliotrope/Iranian Jasmine/Hibiscus/Bulgarian Rose Absolute/Ambrette Seed
Base: Himalayan Cedar/Sandalwood/Incense

Unfortunately, it doesn't last long on my skin. It dries down sweet and skin-scent-like.

This is what I've been looking for. YSBB. A gentle wisp of a fragrance...a soft cloud of heliotrope and ambrette seed wafts around you...elegant, clean, a bit floral, a bit musky (no musk notes in there; must be the ambrette). It reminds me of the nights when my mother was all dressed up for a fancy outing with my father. It smells of her gorgeous kid gloves and the inside of her alligator bag (no leather mentioned, either)...light, light, light. Elegant, too. And yet, I will wear this everyday with everything I own. It's perfect.

on 6/1/2006 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Dang... have you ever wished that you could just wear the test strip? This fagrance smells SO good... light and fresh and just plain wonderful... at least until I put it on - then it becomes something quite unflattering on me.

This is a beautiful crisp summer day - you will so enjoy it - it just doesn't work on me.

on 11/1/2005 11:40:00 AM

Peppery rose that dries down on me to a very soft musky-rosy-cedarwood. Very fresh and pretty, like French countryside breezes on fresh laundry. Not overpowering. I would imagine this to be the perfect fragrance for a 'new mom' - what a lovely fragrance for one to remember their mother by. You can always depend on LaCoste to do a fragrance well, for men or women. This is what "Ombre Rose" would be if it were done right.