Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

water, alcohol denat., glycerin, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, carum petroselinum (parsley) extract, solanum lycopersicum (tomato) fruit extract, vaccinium myrtillus (bilberry) extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, acer saccharum (sugar maple) extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Love. The packaging is so luxe and gorgeous, and it makes my face feel invigorated. I follow with a good serum and moisturizer (Origins' Three Part Harmony) so I don't feel that it is over-drying. My skin can't tolerate acids so this is a lifesaver for clogged pores and congestion.

This toner DESTROYED my face. I have very oily skin so I thought it might be useful for the humid summer months. WRONG. Within 5 days my face felt like a Braille bible; bumps EVERYWHERE. Not just small ones, but for the first time in years I started developing deep cystic growths. It's been nearly a month since I stopped using it and my skin is still recovering. I used to ignore people who said avoid facial products with alcohol, but now I've learned my lesson. Never again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I used to love this toner and the the garden tomato complexion soap, I'm so sad it was discontinued.
This was the first cleanser out of dozens I'd tried that actually helped clear up my acne when was quite bad in high school. I noticed improvement very quickly. I had fewer pimples and it evened out my skin tone and removed red marks and scarring. It smells clean and fresh and leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean. This is great for oily skin but may be a little to drying for some.

Great product that is natural and cruelty free.

I absolutely love this toner! It gets the icky leftovers of makeup and dirt that my cleanser missed. Moisturizer is a must after using it, but I love the ingredients of this toner as compared to others with harsher chemicals. I have combination skin and have had no breakout issues at all. I will continue to purchase.

Love this toner, have been using it for 2+ years on and off. I always come back to it. It hasn't lead to any breakouts and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and hydrated.

Finally found this in a David Jones store as most place that stock Burt's Bee don't seem to have this toner in stock. Glad I finally got to try it as I think it will be my HG toner, just love the fresh cool clean feeling it gives!

I love this stuff. I use it every night to take off any makeup residue and I'm always surprised how much dirt and makeup comes off my face even after I've used my normal face wash. I have combination skin with dry patches and oily patches so I just make sure to moisturize afterward. Other than the fact that it can be a little drying, it's great! The smell is great too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first toner I have used that had a strong alcohol base. I have oily skin, and this product aggravated my skin by over-drying it. Normally I have very minor breakouts, but I ended up with extremely oily skin, clogged / irritated / enlarged pores, and major breakouts. I used this product for almost two months.

Because of my experience with this toner, I would not recommend this to people with oily skin, and especially not to people with dry skin since its results could be even more devastating. Actually, I would not recommend this to anyone.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used this on my face after cleansing and ran out the door without my normal face makeup (I was late for work). By the end of the day (I work outside), my face was an oil slicked nightmare.
I used it again a few days later after cleansing and applied my normal face products, and by the end of the day, the same thing happened.
I couldn't believe my face could get that oily. It has never been like this. I will not re-purchase it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a so-so product for me. I didn't feel like it did anything particularly wonderful for me, nor did it do anything bad. I liked the smell of fresh vined tomatos, but there was a lot of alcoholy-smells, too.