Delux Beauty Delux Beauty Nail Polish (any color) [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wish they wouldn't have discontinued most of the Delux polishes. I still have Star Daisy, a bright coral-red, and Pink Squirrel, a sheer peachy pink shimmer. I love the brush, which makes application flawless. Star Daisy is my favorite all around polish color for toes and the color lasts at least two weeks without chipping. I've never found another polish that goes on as smoothly.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am writing to comment on the color, called Star Daisy, which is on sale at Sephora. I've been searching for years for a replacement for a discontinued Revlon color that was like a Creamsicle -- very pale, non-frosty or -metallic orange. When I saw Star Daisy on the Sephora web page I hoped it was what I was looking for. Alas, the color is an intense orange-red, not the lighter shade I'd hoped for. Gonna return it.

on 2/3/2007 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Cosmopolitan. The color itself is a sheer medium pinkish coral, more pink than coral. I've always wanted to try this color but was not a fan of the steep price. I decided to order this when I found out Delux was going out of business and this was on sale. I really wish I had bit the bullet earlier and ordered this for full price because I love this color. The application is smooth and not streaky. I do like my polish to be a bit more opaque, but that isn't something that an extra coat or two can't fix. The polish isn't extremely long lasting, but average which is good. Overall I love this color and would definitely recommend checking this out before it's gone for good.

Matador is the most gorgeous red. I get a million compliments when I use it. During the winter it is the staple color for my nails.

on 3/11/2007 5:16:00 AM

Wow, I'm surprised at all the good reviews. I have bought their nail polish twice, Hurricane and Pink Squirrel and they were both awful. Far too sheer, the color washes out on my nails. Hurricane made me look vaguely post mortem by giving my nails a weird purplish sheen. Pink Squirrel looked so good in the bottle with its light pink and golden flecks, but on my hands transformed into a washed out orangey mauve mess. Plus the consistency of these polishes sucks. Will stick with the old standbys of OPI and Essie.

I have Cosmopolitan, a sheer corally pink. The shade is so pretty, it's going to be a staple in the summer. The long handle makes application easy, and though I expected this to be streaky due to the sheer formula, I could not make this streak if I tried! It's a new HG, so sad that Delux is going out of business I am going to stock up on more shades in my next Sephora order.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Delux Beauty only makes about twenty different shades of nail polish, so there isn't as wide a selection of colors as some other brands have. But they make up for that with some unique shades that are reasonably priced for a department store brand, not to mention the polish lasts several days on my nails without chipping, and months in the bottle without getting goopy. The formula is thin and goes on without looking streaky, dries quickly and is easy to remove, even the glitter shades. I've tried a few of their shades, but my favorites are Fairybelle, a sheer sparkly pink; Star Daisy, a brilliant bright red creme; Flip, a coral-pink; and my current HG polish color, Milk Punch, a sheer shimmery white (normally I can't wear white polish as it looks too chalky on me, but Milk Punch is just sheer enough that it adds the perfect touch of white against my MMM skin). And usually I don't care about the packaging of a nail polish, but about whether or not it's worth my time and money, but in this case I have to make an exception, because the bottles are just so dang cute, a definate retro 50's style bottle that looks as great on your dresser as the polish does on your nails!

on 7/4/2005 6:47:00 AM

I really like this nail polish. In the tube, it looks a little too watery, however, when you actually apply it, the watery texture gives a smooth, streak-free application. Also, although it looks thin and runny, it is actually very heavily pigmented so it delivers a smooth, eye-popping color. It's a lot less goopy and thick than other polishes, and the long handle makes it easier to control while applying it on your nails. It also lasts a long time with no chipping or peeling. At around $11 a bottle, it is definately worth it. I recommend this product.

Popular Polishes