Avon Night Magic

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/18/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As always never judge a fragrance until you've spent some time with it.
I've had this bottle in my stash for a long time. I have about 5 flip top containers of perfumes in under the bed storage. They are divided up by brand and also by most favorite. Night Magic has been kept in the Avon-not-frequently-worn box.
For a variety of reasons I've been going back and retrying some not often worn scents. Night Magic has been one I've found a new respect for.
One of my first re-visits to NM I didn't think much of it until (as usual) the next morning. Maybe there should be a whole category of scents that perform excellently on fabrics? Wow! I caught a whiff of this rich powdery smell on my little sweater and it was the NM from the previous day. That smell was pretty much everything I could ever want in a fragrance. Like when you go somewhere and you smell this rich powdery expensive smelling perfume on an immaculately dressed beautiful lady but could never ask "what perfume are you wearing." It was like that. Not just powder but a creamy and full bodied powder.
My guess is that others smell that part on our skin when we don't. I work at home so I'm not around lots of people during the day. The on-the-sweater smell is like our nose gets a fresh take on it the next day and then...heavenly.
Anyway if you gravitate toward those lush powder-bomb frags I'd say for around $10 a bottle this should be one you test out...and give it time!
Edit: Just as a side note I do actually find the sleek cobalt blue bottle quite beautiful especially when the light hits it but I am a designer so color and form are in my blood. As an owner of many different perfumes I don't keep fragrances out in the sunlight so it probably shouldn't matter. If it were one of your only scents you'd probably go through it before the sun would harm it.

This is what my Mother wore in the 80s and 90s. It reminds me of her. I can't wear it, it doesn't mix well with my chemistry. But I will always keep a bottle around for nostalgia purposes. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Yuck!
That's all I really have to say about it.
It is a very strong musky scent.
I cannot stand it.

on 3/31/2017 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

Love this scent. A soft musk that to me reads as a sleepy, soft, cuddly scent. It's one of the fragrances I will not be without, and I've emptied one bottle and bought another already.

on 4/1/2015 9:16:00 PM

Very strong at first for a cologne. My husband never notices perfume but always comments on this one and not in a good way. He says it makes his nose tingle like he's going to sneeze and my son asked what is that weird smell. I only put one spray on my wrists and one on my shirt.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I just love this stuff! It is so wonderful! I just dropped the little rollerball in my bathroom and it broke and went all over the place and well I am so surprised that to have all that everywhere it just is not overpowering and is still just delicious! I will have to replace this immediately!

Later... I did go and get another one!! And now I am reaching for this every day! I just crave it and need it!

on 12/12/2012 7:17:00 PM

AMAZING! I tried this for the first time today. I won 2 bottles on Listia. WOW! This is one of my faves now! Soft, powdery, musky...my new HG!!! And my hubby loves it too, which is a plus! Way to go Avon! This is how fragrances should be!!!

Night Magic is a lovely, simple powder fragrance. It's a sweet powdery scent with a touch of vanilla and some musk. I got a set of the spray, roll-on deodorant, body powder, and skin softener for $10, so it's a total bargain. I happen to like powdery scents, so I love this one. Night Magic is a sweet powder, compared to Sweet Honesty which is more of a clean laundry powder scent. I love it on days when I want to smell nice and fresh; it's not strong or overwhelming... reapplication will be needed after a few hours. I love wearing this before bed.. here's a convo between me and my fiance one night: Him "mmmm you smell nice." Me "what do I smell like?" Him "like love."

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was enticed by the musk, incense, aldehydes and sandalwood - all of which I like. Finally succumbed to a $10 sale of cologne spray, perfumed cream and body powder. First tested the spray. The musk is unmistakably present. Mixed with the cool incense brings to mind baby powder. With my nose and wrist about a foot apart, I could only detect a hint of citrus. Closer up, the aldehydes and ylang-ylang appear but so faintly that it can be mistaken for citrus. Too much musk which obliterates everything else. Longevity is lacking for this cologne. Wonder why there is no eau de parfum or toilette??

For aldehyde lovers, I suggest the cream instead of the spray. The aldehydes and ylang-ylang are both more prominent and enjoyable, the musk less intense and the baby powder scent is non-existent. Not headache-inducing. Definitely would stock up on cream than spray.

I would not repurchase the spray but would indulge on the cream which is a better scent IMO. The cream is super cheap anyway.

One spray on me:
- Sillage: a foot in first 15 minutes then can detect within 6 inches
- Longevity: skin scent for 2 hours
- Rating: spray 2/5, cream 3/5 but could be higher if sillage was bigger than nose-to-wrist

on 3/28/2014 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is by far my favourite (at the moment) and I am sure it will be a go to for me for a very long time. I got it for Christmas and loved it immediately. Also, it lasts for a long time, which is a plus. I will definitely be buying more when I run out :)

Popular Fragrances