RCMA No Color Powder

RCMA No Color Powder
No Color Powder

Talc, silica

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this powder. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I don't.
I am forty five, with oily, yet dehydrated, acne prone, rosacea prone skin. Nice!
I don't really have any wrinkles, but if my skin is dry and flaky, I can get fine lines appearing.
Other times,I am like an oil factory.

I tend to use this powder with a damp beauty blender, and really press it into my t zone. This leaves my skin looking poreless, and matte, but not too dry. I then use a real techniques setting brush to lightly dust powder under my eyes, over my eyelids, and around my nose crevices.
I then go over my face with a brush to remove all excess powder.
This leaves me looking smooth (can't bear tacky foundation) and airbrushed.

The only problem is oil control!
On a dry day - it's fine. A lovely glow later on, and no tight, taut, can't smile properly feeling, or the dreaded flakiness appearing.
On an oily day - the SHINE!!!
It's as if I haven't powdered!
It's a definite balancing act to be honest, and I often go over, or use the Etude house zero sebum powder instead, on an oily day. This is mostly silica - and does the job.

The things I do like about this powder are:

The low price,

The good amount of product,

The packaging - I tip it in my hand, or dust my brush on the lid.

No colour change for my carefully matched foundation - any paleness on my mixed race skin disappears very soon,

No oxidising - my face stays the same colour all day. No orange tint hours later.

No gathering in pores, even worse if there is oxidisation - see point above.

No dry patches.

No flakiness.

No cakiness.

I think this powder will always have a place in my make up collection, but will never be the only one. I need a more mattifying one for oilier days.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

100% agree!! This is the best powder I have ever tried. I tried so many and I have bought other ones and I continue coming back to RCMA. Not only is the product inexpensive but is actually AMAZING. This is a product that is not "For the price is great" this is a product that succeeds 100% the price and quality. The packaging is not Makeup Artist friendly, so I bought some powder containers at Nigel's and I put some in there to carry with me. I think to be honest the packaging is intended to have the product to refill your powder containers. Either way the product is amazing, leave aside the price but the price is also INEXPENSIVE.

on 12/3/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works wonders, perfect for setting. It doesn't ruin the base you've created for your foundation and it doesn't alter the color too!

on 6/6/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Since I love their foundation, I thought I would love the powder but was disappointed. When applied, this powder looked whitish over my RCMA Shinto 2 makeup. I didn't like the look at all - it didn't look natural so I trashed it. Still love the makeup though.