RCMA No Color Powder

Talc, silica

on 10/14/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, I know- it's a cult-favorite, but I personally find This product to be way over hyped!
It’s very affordable & finely milled,
I mainly use it for the “Baking Technique“, and it does brighten your under eye area beautifully, but that goes for the rest of your face as well...
the "no color" title is misleading-
It leaves a white cast & messing with the original shade of the foundation.
It also very mattifying, so if you're going for a dewy foundation/look it's going to take that away.
Maybe it's just more suitable for oily skin type.
packaging Wise - it looks like a “salt shaker” & not very functional...Recommends moving the formula to another loose powder container (less messy & easy to control the amount of product that Released).Great value, but not a HG status for me.

One of my favourite finishing powders.

Doesn't take much, isn't drying on my dry mature skin and keeps my makeup looking great all day. Doesn't reflect white or show up cakiness, dry patches, wrinkles or lines. I find this powder to be quite moisturising and it is finely milled.

The one thing I don't like about this product is the container. It's like a salt shaker and way too much product is released and there is no way of containing that product so it doesn't go anywhere.

I ended up purchasing the cutest Anna Sui powder puff container to keep the powder in. It has an inner seal so you can travel and the powder doesn't spill and it comes with a powder puff.

So my favourite finishing powder just got better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product has unfortunately been so hyped up online that when I bought it I was disappointed. It is a decent product - it sets foundation, stops concealer creasing, has no colour or white cast (on my NW10 skin at least - people with darker skin tones may find that it does leave a white cast), and is finely milled - but it is not the miracle product that so many YTers and bloggers have made it out to be.

I was led to believe that it was great for dry skin, but it performs exactly the same as every other powder I've tried. Powder by its nature is not the best for dry skin, so I think that my expectations were just too high to begin with and it's not the fault of the product. I can only put a light dusting on my concealer, otherwise my face feels dry and uncomfortable. So KathleenLights' claim that people with dry skin could bake with it or dust it all over the face feels very untrue in my case.

The packaging is the deal breaker for me. It is difficult to use, powder ends up flying everywhere, and really it's a hassle. It really needs to be decanted into a smaller container with a sifter.

Really, this is a basic powder that does the job, but it's not going to revolutionise your makeup or your routine. It does the job and is a solid workhorse, but don't expect it to blow your mind.

on 2/5/2017 12:07:00 AM

I am so incredibly disappointed, this powder was so recommended by Kathleen lights (usually I love everything she suggests) but this turned out to cause more harm than good. I used this twice and it was the only new product in my makeup routine and my face has been breaking out all over my face. I get one or two zits here and there usually in the same general area, however after using this twice I broke out with multiple zits all of my face. Not only that, my face now had a thousand little bumps all over that cause irritation.! Again, not ONLY that but I woke up did my makeup went out to breakfast and was going to go shopping but an hour after doing my makeup I looked in the mirror and saw patches of oil and my foundation was patchy and you could see my redness and ALL of my pores I mean even the ones that aren't big. I'm 22 and you could see all of my "wrinkles" and lines I didn't even know I had. I even noticed my foundation oxidized It looked horrific I drove all the way home and took off my makeup and had to redo my entire face setting my concealer with my elf pressed powder instead. I really wanted to love this... but I do not recommned this product to anyone.

Love! Love! Love! this powder. I no longer reach for my former HG the Nars Crystal Translucent Powder, which is like 7 times the price of this! I use it for under eye baking, applied with a damp beauty blender and all over as a setting powder with a big fluffy brush.
A container of this will last you at least two years. Doesn't settle into lines, crack or cake up.

on 1/9/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this setting powder. The only thing is, the packaging is pretty messy and impossible to use. Mine is still pretty full, so I'm able to dip a small beauty blender into it, but I'm not sure what I'll do when I can't do that anymore. Definitely a good purchase!!

on 11/29/2016 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best setting powder I've ever used, and it's only $12. It's no frills, utilitarian packaging but that's not a concern for me; I rather would have something which performs consistently well.
About me: I'm 44, have combination to dry skin, some rosacea and melasma. I'm fair skinned ( about NC25 ) and this powder works beautifully; I press it into the skin with a powder puff ( Laura Mercier) over my primer and foundation. Too much will leave me looking dry, and I use Fix+ or similar to leave a dewy finish.
I've illustrated the pros but there ARE cons to this, and they might be:
1.) likely won't absorb excess oil; it is meant to "set" the face.
2.) while it is a "no color" powder it may not translate as well on beautiful darker skin tones; could appear ashy.
3.) comes in a sifter bottle and can get everywhere if you're not careful.
4.) both a pro and con- often sold out online due to its popularity; while it is a pro MUA product many YTers have sung its praises and people will buy it based upon those recs in droves.
I can't attest to its efficacy with "baking" ( setting under eye concealer or contour with powder in order to extend wear, or for performers under hot lights.) I don't perform on stage ( anymore) and I don't bother to contour; Mary Greenwell is a renowned MUA and suggests women over a certain age don't need it, but maybe bronzer instead to warm the face. I'm not suggesting people "shouldn't" do it- no rules in makeup- but for me I choose not to.
Overall this is a very inexpensive finely milled powder that won't add color/ texture to the face when setting makeup. I have purchased via Beautylish and Camera Ready Cosmetics also sells it; I have no affiliation with either but both sites offer great products and CS. I also think it is sold at brick and mortar stores like Naime's ( sp?)

on 8/21/2016 5:57:00 PM

This is the best powder I've ever used. It is so finely milled and silky. It doesn't settle into any of my lines or pores. It just sets my makeup beautifully. The packaging is kind of awkward so I just open the jar (for $12 you get a 3oz jar!!!) and pour some into an empty loose powder container I had and problem solved. The price is crazy, if you add it up you're paying "e.l.f." prices per oz. I even got my mom, who NEVER uses powder because they always emphasize her fine lines (and always wondered why my makeup stayed on all day while hers did not) to use this powder and she loves it. Oh and I have dry skin, I don't use powder to keep me dry during the day, I use it to set my liquid and cream makeup. This doesn't grab onto any dry patches or anything. I can't understand why more people don't talk about this powder. It really is amazing.

on 8/24/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this. Hate the salt and pepper shaker packaging as its hard to not make a mess but overall good product for the price. And honestly they are really not many "great" powders out there. So although I do get a little shiny it works pretty dang good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG setting powder, finally found after searching for the last 6 or so years. I apply it over my foundation with a dry cosmetic sponge, using a pressing (versus dusting) motion. Then, I knock off the excess powder with a large fluffy brush before applying my bronzer/blush. It has a gorgeous finish that helps to make my full coverage foundation look like healthy glowing skin, not powdery AT ALL, which is why it's HG for me. I have very oily skin and I feel this helps my makeup last all day. I do already wear a long wear foundation but this has extended its wear without shine, and if I reapply a tiny bit of this midday it helps matte me down without caking. The cost is also fantastic; you get a huge container that'll last forever for 8 or so dollars. I used this for my bff's bridal makeup for her June Colorado wedding and everyone said her skin looked airbrushed. I'd def recommend trying this product!