RCMA Makeup No Color Powder

3.8

Talc, silica

on 10/9/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Lasts forever, blends easily, quickly and no white cast, irritation or any complaints. I bought this a few years ago and I've barely made a dent. A little sprinkle is all you need.

on 8/26/2018 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Great for baking. It doesn’t leave a white cast and works well with all my foundations. You can’t beat the price for the quantity and quality. The packaging just sucks cause it’s so messy.

on 5/29/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample of this from Camera Ready Cosmetics, which lasted me about two weeks... and I think there might be some left too... Did not understand the hype around this. It's not very finely milled - had plenty of other powders that weren't too expensive that were finer than this. Also cakes up my foundation and looked kinda dry, while not keeping oils from breaking through... just overall not a fan, and also don't like the packaging. Just as with Ben Nye Translucent powder, this didn't work for me. Agree with review below: it looked horrible under my eyes too - basically same problems as for over foundation, just amplified

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really, REALLY wanted to like this powder. But I just don't. :/
Unless I use a denser powder brush and really buff the powder in, I look like a ghost. Once I do have it buffed in enough, it leaves this weird feeling on the skin. It's soft, but doesn't feel like a nice, baby skin soft. It's very synthetic feeling.
It also looks HORRID on the undereyes. I know that might not be the main purpose, but it looks so, so bad. Very crepey.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this powder. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I don't.
I am forty five, with oily, yet dehydrated, acne prone, rosacea prone skin. Nice!
I don't really have any wrinkles, but if my skin is dry and flaky, I can get fine lines appearing.
Other times,I am like an oil factory.

I tend to use this powder with a damp beauty blender, and really press it into my t zone. This leaves my skin looking poreless, and matte, but not too dry. I then use a real techniques setting brush to lightly dust powder under my eyes, over my eyelids, and around my nose crevices.
I then go over my face with a brush to remove all excess powder.
This leaves me looking smooth (can't bear tacky foundation) and airbrushed.

The only problem is oil control!
On a dry day - it's fine. A lovely glow later on, and no tight, taut, can't smile properly feeling, or the dreaded flakiness appearing.
On an oily day - the SHINE!!!
It's as if I haven't powdered!
It's a definite balancing act to be honest, and I often go over, or use the Etude house zero sebum powder instead, on an oily day. This is mostly silica - and does the job.

The things I do like about this powder are:

The low price,

The good amount of product,

The packaging - I tip it in my hand, or dust my brush on the lid.

No colour change for my carefully matched foundation - any paleness on my mixed race skin disappears very soon,

No oxidising - my face stays the same colour all day. No orange tint hours later.

No gathering in pores, even worse if there is oxidisation - see point above.

No dry patches.

No flakiness.

No cakiness.

I think this powder will always have a place in my make up collection, but will never be the only one. I need a more mattifying one for oilier days.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, warm and yellow

I found this powder on Beautylish for about $15 (including shipping to Hawaii). I personally don’t like baking with this. It just looks too ashy with my warm skin tone. But with a light hand, I like setting my everyday concealer with this powder.

For my everyday makeup look, I use Maybelline’s FitMe concealer. Then I’ll use a paddle brush to lightly set under the eyes with the RCMA powder. With my nighttime makeup routine, I use a damp beauty sponge to set my Mac Prolongwear concealer with Laura Mercier’s translucent powder.

Overall, I would repurchase this, if I ever do finish it. Because I only use a little, it’s been couple months and it looks like I’ve barely dented it.

on 2/22/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this a while ago because of the hype and fact that it's a very good value. You get a lot of product.

PROS: It's white and mostly leaves me without any color cast. You get a ton of product and it's finally milled enough. I don't mind the package because loose powder is always messy in some manor. You can nice it to another powder container easily.

CONS: Way too matte! I have normal to dry skin and this by itself is too flat looking, even using it sparingly. I did work around the eye area well though, but for all over, no. I don't like to have to add a lot of dimension after I do my foundation, I like it too have some natural definition left in and the powder just helps make sure it doesn't slide or feel emmolient. It's just makes my skin look too flat.

OVERALL: Probably won't repurchase because the container is too big and as a whole face setting powder, I have to be very careful. I will still use it though, especially around the eye area. If my skin is looking oily or has more of a sheen, then it will work... This is really more of an oily person's product.

on 8/19/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been on the hunt for a powder that I could set my under eyes with and not have it emphasize any fine lines. It was between this and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder which I read a lot of good things about. Because of the quantity of product you're getting (3oz!! vs 0.14oz of LM) and the fact that I read many people say this is just as good, I decided to go with this. I have the bad fortune of having hereditary dark circles, hollow undereyes as well as dry undereyes. Any concealer I use creases and settles into all those tiny crevices making my undereye area look dry and crepey. (though I should say Tazorac has greatly reduced the issue). If I don't use concealer, I'm left with some serious dark circles. After experimenting with this powder for a few months now, I've come up with a way that works the best for me. After I apply my concealer, I blend everything with my fingers carefully. When I say everything, I mean everything. Get close to the mirror and make sure you blend anything that's settled into lines. This is very important. Do not set your concealer with this powder over creased concealer. It doesn't budge after that and you'll be left with a creased undereye all day. So after you blend your concealer, immediately apply this powder lightly wherever you want your concealer to set. Don't overdo it or you'll be left with a dry, powdery undereye. Just a light dusting is enough. I mostly use a brush to do it, but I've also tries the baking method with a damp beauty blender. I'm too lazy to do that on an everyday basis. But I see myself using the baking technique only if I have a long event to attend or something. I know this doesn't have any color, but it brightens my undereyes somehow and makes my hollows look not as hollow. Recently I've been applying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to brighten my undereyes even further by applying it on top of the RCMA powder (I have a separate review for that).

If you use this powder sparingly, you will be left with smooth, crease-free undereyes all day. I even use this to set my foundation over my nasolabial lines and around the nose where foundations tend to settle. The packaging sucks, yes. But it doesn't bother me that much since this is quite inexpensive for what it does.

on 7/17/2017 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This powder changed my game! I myself have an unstable skin - it is oily like crazy at nose and it also has dry patches at nose - and this product helps control my oiliness up to 6 hours while doesnt emphasizes my dryness much. It is also affordable. However the packaging isnt travel-friendly so I recommend you repack it to a small jar.

lies lies lies...major white cast, cant bake with it bc its kinda hard to completely remove, and it doesn't do much for my under eye creasing. I can only see this work with very pale people that way the white cast wont be so noticeable. After the oils come through u can feel it just sitting there and if u touch it feels like it created some sort of paste with the mix of the powder and foundation. For reference i have medium golden skin tone and i have combination skin. Some powders that worked for me are : Laura Mercier, Maybelline Shine Control, Rimmel Stay Matte, NYX HD and the Sephora Yellow loose powder