RCMA No Color Powder

Talc, silica

on 10/14/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, I know- it's a cult-favorite, but I personally find This product to be way over hyped!
It’s very affordable & finely milled,
I mainly use it for the “Baking Technique“.
BUT, the "no color" title is misleading-
It does leave a white cast & Brightning up the foundation. It also very mattifying, so if you're going for a dewy foundation/look it's going to take that away.
Maybe it's just more suitable for oily skin type.
packaging Wise - it looks like a “salt shaker” & not very functional...Recommends moving the formula to another loose powder container (less messy & easy to control the amount of product that Released).Great value, but not a HG status for me.

This is my holy grail setting powder. I also love my Kokie and Laura Mercier ones as well but this takes the cake. Sets my makeup so well, doesn't stick to any areas like my Laura one and doesn't leave a cast even though it's so white. Love it

on 8/19/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have a dehydrated skin that turns into an oil slick every now and then. Laura Mercier's powder was an absolute flop for me. It caked and did not set my base at all. Saw enough hype on youtube about this one, thought "eh, I guess it's cheap". It's my favorite powder ever. My undereyes don't look gross and my cheeks are nice and matte. The foundation doesn't transfer and it stays put.
My only gripe is- I can't find it anywhere in Toronto and I hate waiting for online orders.

on 8/19/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been on the hunt for a powder that I could set my under eyes with and not have it emphasize any fine lines. It was between this and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder which I read a lot of good things about. Because of the quantity of product you're getting (3oz!! vs 0.14oz of LM) and the fact that I read many people say this is just as good, I decided to go with this. I have the bad fortune of having hereditary dark circles, hollow undereyes as well as dry undereyes. Any concealer I use creases and settles into all those tiny crevices making my undereye area look dry and crepey. (though I should say Tazorac has greatly reduced the issue). If I don't use concealer, I'm left with some serious dark circles. After experimenting with this powder for a few months now, I've come up with a way that works the best for me. After I apply my concealer, I blend everything with my fingers carefully. When I say everything, I mean everything. Get close to the mirror and make sure you blend anything that's settled into lines. This is very important. Do not set your concealer with this powder over creased concealer. It doesn't budge after that and you'll be left with a creased undereye all day. So after you blend your concealer, immediately apply this powder lightly wherever you want your concealer to set. Don't overdo it or you'll be left with a dry, powdery undereye. Just a light dusting is enough. I mostly use a brush to do it, but I've also tries the baking method with a damp beauty blender. I'm too lazy to do that on an everyday basis. But I see myself using the baking technique only if I have a long event to attend or something. I know this doesn't have any color, but it brightens my undereyes somehow and makes my hollows look not as hollow. Recently I've been applying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to brighten my undereyes even further by applying it on top of the RCMA powder (I have a separate review for that).

If you use this powder sparingly, you will be left with smooth, crease-free undereyes all day. I even use this to set my foundation over my nasolabial lines and around the nose where foundations tend to settle. The packaging sucks, yes. But it doesn't bother me that much since this is quite inexpensive for what it does.

on 8/28/2017 4:27:00 AM

I love this powder. I've repurchased I think 5 times. It is no color, but if you put a lot on when you bake it does keep a bit of a white color if that makes sense. I use this for baking and setting my whole face, it's great for all over as well as under the eyes. My concealer doesn't crease with this powder! The product lasts for a long time. My one gripe with this product is the packaging. The sifter lets out a lot of product. One shake isn't enough and two shakes is too much. I shake this onto my bathroom bench or makeup mixing palette and pick it up with a brush. I sometimes find I'm wiping away excess product that is being wasted. But overall I've used this for my whole face for over a year and I've found nothing to replace it yet!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder! It's great for my pale, oily skin and is such good value. I bake with this and it adds a nice brightness under my eyes. However, DO NOT APPLY WITH A WET SPONGE! It will make your pores look huge and will create a white powdery, blotchy mess!

I have ticked that if I ran out of this I would buy it again but I really do anticipate this will last me the rest of my natural life!
This is a very finely milled powder in an alarming shade of pure white.
The packaging is daunting-just a large plastic bottle with sifter holes in the top.
After getting over all that I found this to be a truly excellent product.
Used sparingly it blends out the look of pores, doesn't settle in lines and (may) help to increse the longevity of my makeup. It is mid-winter here and I don't spend any time perspiring or exercising or doing anything which would test my makeup so can't comment on this aspect.
I find turning the bottle upside down with the lid still firmly on leaves enough powder residue on the inside of the lid for at least one application. This avoids any mess. It must be used sparingly otherwise you can have a ghostly look and emphasise lines rather than blurring them and I imagine in photographs too much might cause a bit of white flaring.
I actually prefer this to the ITCosmetics powder I have been using as it seems finer and doesn't look quite so obvious.
It will also probably last forever.
I have mid fifties skin which is quite sensitive and suffer from rosascea and have had no problems with this at all.
Recommended.

on 7/17/2017 5:42:00 AM

I don't bake, so I don't know how it would look if I tried it. I just use it as a setting powder. It's an okay product, nothing special about it.

on 7/17/2017 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the product!! It blurs my smile lines. The downside is the packaging. It's hard to transfer it onto my brush or Beauty Blender.

on 8/18/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought it because of the hype. I have a really oily skin and I have a hard time finding a powder that really works. This was a disaster major white cast on my face. It just sat on my face it didn't blend made my pores big. It just looked like I had a flour on my face even the cheapest powders worked better. I think people with color and very oily skin should try other options.