RCMA No Color Powder

Talc, silica

on 8/19/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been on the hunt for a powder that I could set my under eyes with and not have it emphasize any fine lines. It was between this and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder which I read a lot of good things about. Because of the quantity of product you're getting (3oz!! vs 0.14oz of LM) and the fact that I read many people say this is just as good, I decided to go with this. I have the bad fortune of having hereditary dark circles, hollow undereyes as well as dry undereyes. Any concealer I use creases and settles into all those tiny crevices making my undereye area look dry and crepey. (though I should say Tazorac has greatly reduced the issue). If I don't use concealer, I'm left with some serious dark circles. After experimenting with this powder for a few months now, I've come up with a way that works the best for me. After I apply my concealer, I blend everything with my fingers carefully. When I say everything, I mean everything. Get close to the mirror and make sure you blend anything that's settled into lines. This is very important. Do not set your concealer with this powder over creased concealer. It doesn't budge after that and you'll be left with a creased undereye all day. So after you blend your concealer, immediately apply this powder lightly wherever you want your concealer to set. Don't overdo it or you'll be left with a dry, powdery undereye. Just a light dusting is enough. I mostly use a brush to do it, but I've also tries the baking method with a damp beauty blender. I'm too lazy to do that on an everyday basis. But I see myself using the baking technique only if I have a long event to attend or something. I know this doesn't have any color, but it brightens my undereyes somehow and makes my hollows look not as hollow. Recently I've been applying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to brighten my undereyes even further by applying it on top of the RCMA powder (I have a separate review for that).

If you use this powder sparingly, you will be left with smooth, crease-free undereyes all day. I even use this to set my foundation over my nasolabial lines and around the nose where foundations tend to settle. The packaging sucks, yes. But it doesn't bother me that much since this is quite inexpensive for what it does.

on 12/25/2016 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Yeah..this works for me! I do not use primer but I do moisturize before foundation. I decided to try a suggestion by Wayne Goss to powder UNDER your foundation. I've been doing it under my eyes and my t-zone and I'm liking it! I have set my foundation with it and it does leave me looking a shade lighter but it does not have flash back. Overall, it's okay. Not ground breaking but it's a reasonable price and it's has its place!

on 11/30/2016 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I randomly bought this powder on Beautylish and I'm so glad I did. This powder is now a staple product in my makeup collection. It's a great quality powder with highly functional packaging. It sets my under eyes very well without enhancing dryness, and it's one of the very rare powders that effectively prevents my concealer from creasing. It's very inexpensive, $12 for 3 oz. It's actually way less expensive per oz than powders at the drug store. Despite owning it for 6.5 months now and using it pretty much every time I do my makeup, it's only 1/3 gone. My only complaint is that it's not really "colorless" as it claims to be. On my medium skin tone it actually is quite brightening, despite me not using much at a time. I don't usually mind, I've just accepted that I can only use it under my eyes. However, I can't use it even under my eyes if I have a tan because it leaves a noticeable white cast on my face. Something to keep in mind.

on 11/29/2016 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best setting powder I've ever used, and it's only $12. It's no frills, utilitarian packaging but that's not a concern for me; I rather would have something which performs consistently well.
About me: I'm 44, have combination to dry skin, some rosacea and melasma. I'm fair skinned ( about NC25 ) and this powder works beautifully; I press it into the skin with a powder puff ( Laura Mercier) over my primer and foundation. Too much will leave me looking dry, and I use Fix+ or similar to leave a dewy finish.
I've illustrated the pros but there ARE cons to this, and they might be:
1.) likely won't absorb excess oil; it is meant to "set" the face.
2.) while it is a "no color" powder it may not translate as well on beautiful darker skin tones; could appear ashy.
3.) comes in a sifter bottle and can get everywhere if you're not careful.
4.) both a pro and con- often sold out online due to its popularity; while it is a pro MUA product many YTers have sung its praises and people will buy it based upon those recs in droves.
I can't attest to its efficacy with "baking" ( setting under eye concealer or contour with powder in order to extend wear, or for performers under hot lights.) I don't perform on stage ( anymore) and I don't bother to contour; Mary Greenwell is a renowned MUA and suggests women over a certain age don't need it, but maybe bronzer instead to warm the face. I'm not suggesting people "shouldn't" do it- no rules in makeup- but for me I choose not to.
Overall this is a very inexpensive finely milled powder that won't add color/ texture to the face when setting makeup. I have purchased via Beautylish and Camera Ready Cosmetics also sells it; I have no affiliation with either but both sites offer great products and CS. I also think it is sold at brick and mortar stores like Naime's ( sp?)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been thinking for a while of getting the Laura Mercier invisible loose setting powder but was detained because of the price. I saw a review on this one on YouTube and I ordered it immediately. It is very affordable, it is 3 ounces and retails for about $11. It is finely milled, it lasts all day, it is easy to apply, and my skin looks dewy. I use it to bake and immediately I notice the results specially in pictures. I apply it with my damp beauty blender and I am good to go. I will try the Laura Mercier eventually but right now I am really happy with this product.

on 2/5/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in No-Color. It works. It doesn't alter the tone of your foundation or color application how a lot of products do. I mainly use it under my eyes. It does feel a little drying though and not as nice of a texture as my Ben Nye Neutral Set, but Ben Nye Neutral Set leaves a white casting and this doesn't... so there you go.
Update: While it does set the foundation good and doesn't alter the tone it doesn't seem to make it last as long as other setting powders do. I feel as though with my Ben Nye Neutral Set it sets it all day long while RCMA seems to only set it for 6 or so hours before it starts to fade.

on 6/6/2009 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Since I love their foundation, I thought I would love the powder but was disappointed. When applied, this powder looked whitish over my RCMA Shinto 2 makeup. I didn't like the look at all - it didn't look natural so I trashed it. Still love the makeup though.

on 1/13/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

You can't beat this! Sets my makeup beautifully. It does initially give me a white powder look (I'm AA w/dark skin) but it quickly fades into my skin. Another great thing about this powder other than the price is that my make up doesn't rub off on every thing. The downside is that it only comes as a loose powder and can't completely keep my my oilies away.