RCMA Makeup No Color Powder

3.9

Talc, silica

on 10/9/2018 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Lasts forever, blends easily, quickly and no white cast, irritation or any complaints. I bought this a few years ago and I've barely made a dent. A little sprinkle is all you need.

on 10/3/2018 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have very dry skin and I love this powder. It doesn't make me look cakey or dry at all, and doesn't leave a white cast. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The only downside is the packaging.

on 8/26/2018 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Great for baking. It doesn’t leave a white cast and works well with all my foundations. You can’t beat the price for the quantity and quality. The packaging just sucks cause it’s so messy.

on 7/27/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read many reviews of this product that said it did not leave a whitecast or feel drying on the skin. In my experience this product does exactly that. I am not sure whether I am applying it wrong but I end up looking like a ghost whenever I put this over my foundation. It does help keep my face matte and prevents shine, but still I wont use it much as I look terrible with a ghostly white face.

on 5/29/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample of this from Camera Ready Cosmetics, which lasted me about two weeks... and I think there might be some left too... Did not understand the hype around this. It's not very finely milled - had plenty of other powders that weren't too expensive that were finer than this. Also cakes up my foundation and looked kinda dry, while not keeping oils from breaking through... just overall not a fan, and also don't like the packaging. Just as with Ben Nye Translucent powder, this didn't work for me. Agree with review below: it looked horrible under my eyes too - basically same problems as for over foundation, just amplified

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really, REALLY wanted to like this powder. But I just don't. :/
Unless I use a denser powder brush and really buff the powder in, I look like a ghost. Once I do have it buffed in enough, it leaves this weird feeling on the skin. It's soft, but doesn't feel like a nice, baby skin soft. It's very synthetic feeling.
It also looks HORRID on the undereyes. I know that might not be the main purpose, but it looks so, so bad. Very crepey.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

It's actually the only white powder who is really translucent
It particularly lightweight and finely grounded
I don't know how rcma actually succeed to create such a good product with only 2 ingredients (talc and silica)
It's the most versatile powder I ever found
It hit all the boxes:
-can be use as under eye setting powder (Disney crease doesn't dry)
-can be use as an all over face powder (lightweight,doesnt change the color of you foundation and give a soft matte finish
Can be use for all the lovers of baking method (not drying doesn't cream in fine line)
You can find powders that are better in each categories previously named but none can't be as multitasking as the rcma
For the price, the versality ,the enormous amount ,and the quality of this product it definitely deserve 5 stars
P.s:it's wayyyy better than the awful Laura Mercier translucent loose powder ,the outdated coty airspun
It also a better option than the dermablend white loose powder who is just talc and parabens
It also better choice as an under eye setting powder than the mediocre Laura Mercier secret brightening powder who is a low quality talc loaded with controversial preservatives and a high price tag for 4 ridiculous grammes

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this powder. Sometimes I love it, and sometimes I don't.
I am forty five, with oily, yet dehydrated, acne prone, rosacea prone skin. Nice!
I don't really have any wrinkles, but if my skin is dry and flaky, I can get fine lines appearing.
Other times,I am like an oil factory.

I tend to use this powder with a damp beauty blender, and really press it into my t zone. This leaves my skin looking poreless, and matte, but not too dry. I then use a real techniques setting brush to lightly dust powder under my eyes, over my eyelids, and around my nose crevices.
I then go over my face with a brush to remove all excess powder.
This leaves me looking smooth (can't bear tacky foundation) and airbrushed.

The only problem is oil control!
On a dry day - it's fine. A lovely glow later on, and no tight, taut, can't smile properly feeling, or the dreaded flakiness appearing.
On an oily day - the SHINE!!!
It's as if I haven't powdered!
It's a definite balancing act to be honest, and I often go over, or use the Etude house zero sebum powder instead, on an oily day. This is mostly silica - and does the job.

The things I do like about this powder are:

The low price,

The good amount of product,

The packaging - I tip it in my hand, or dust my brush on the lid.

No colour change for my carefully matched foundation - any paleness on my mixed race skin disappears very soon,

No oxidising - my face stays the same colour all day. No orange tint hours later.

No gathering in pores, even worse if there is oxidisation - see point above.

No dry patches.

No flakiness.

No cakiness.

I think this powder will always have a place in my make up collection, but will never be the only one. I need a more mattifying one for oilier days.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference: nc30, warm and yellow

I found this powder on Beautylish for about $15 (including shipping to Hawaii). I personally don’t like baking with this. It just looks too ashy with my warm skin tone. But with a light hand, I like setting my everyday concealer with this powder.

For my everyday makeup look, I use Maybelline’s FitMe concealer. Then I’ll use a paddle brush to lightly set under the eyes with the RCMA powder. With my nighttime makeup routine, I use a damp beauty sponge to set my Mac Prolongwear concealer with Laura Mercier’s translucent powder.

Overall, I would repurchase this, if I ever do finish it. Because I only use a little, it’s been couple months and it looks like I’ve barely dented it.

on 2/22/2018 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this a while ago because of the hype and fact that it's a very good value. You get a lot of product.

PROS: It's white and mostly leaves me without any color cast. You get a ton of product and it's finally milled enough. I don't mind the package because loose powder is always messy in some manor. You can nice it to another powder container easily.

CONS: Way too matte! I have normal to dry skin and this by itself is too flat looking, even using it sparingly. I did work around the eye area well though, but for all over, no. I don't like to have to add a lot of dimension after I do my foundation, I like it too have some natural definition left in and the powder just helps make sure it doesn't slide or feel emmolient. It's just makes my skin look too flat.

OVERALL: Probably won't repurchase because the container is too big and as a whole face setting powder, I have to be very careful. I will still use it though, especially around the eye area. If my skin is looking oily or has more of a sheen, then it will work... This is really more of an oily person's product.