RCMA No Color Powder

RCMA No Color Powder
No Color Powder

3.9

Talc, silica

lies lies lies...major white cast, cant bake with it bc its kinda hard to completely remove, and it doesn't do much for my under eye creasing. I can only see this work with very pale people that way the white cast wont be so noticeable. After the oils come through u can feel it just sitting there and if u touch it feels like it created some sort of paste with the mix of the powder and foundation. For reference i have medium golden skin tone and i have combination skin. Some powders that worked for me are : Laura Mercier, Maybelline Shine Control, Rimmel Stay Matte, NYX HD and the Sephora Yellow loose powder

on 5/2/2017 6:32:00 PM

I don't really understand the hype in this product. It is finely milled... but to say it's "No color" is a bit misleading. It is white. Straight up white... so if you have color to your skin, this definitely has a potential to show up/go ashy. I have little color in my skin, so that wasn't my issue. I just found this very drying and uncomfortable to wear. I ended up giving it away. At least it is not expensive, so if you don't like it, you're not out a ton of money. Honestly I hate nearly every setting/powder.

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like it applied with a brush, very lightly, very delicately, just where I need it. I've tried baking with it a couple of times and it looks awful, at least on my skin. It left me a white cast, it looked cakey, just no. It doesn't control the oils on my t-zone like the Laura Mercier translucent powder but it's pretty good. I don't know, I like it but I'm not crazy about it. Also, RCMA are you kidding me with the packaging?????? awful.

I would say it's worth it because it's cheap and it does the job but it's not my favorite. I'm very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it.

on 3/2/2017 4:46:00 AM

Updated review:

I thought it would only be fair to give this powder an updated review as I used it today and had a much better experience.

Some personal tips I learned with this powder:

-Do not use with liquid mineral foundations if you have normal/oily skin.
-I used it on top of a physical sunscreen the first time, I think this is what caused the caking above the lip, as it didn't happen when not used in conjunction with the sunscreen
-I applied my tarte shape tape concealer and liquid foundation (non-mineral) and used this on the bottom of my cheeks, and under my eyes to bake, I have to say it worked really well this time and especially looked great in photos.

I applied it with a damp beauty blender to set and bake my foundation. In order to use it like this I had to pour a lot of the powder out on a paper towel and dip the damp beauty blender into that. That means that a ton of product was thrown out and wasted.

I'm upping my rating to 2/5 because the packaging is still awful and makes you waste a ton of product and the main ingredient is talc. I still wouldn't repurchase but will finish this container.

Initial Review:

Don't buy into the hype, this powder:

-Sets into fine lines, especially around the eyes, at least on me
-Leaves a white residue all over my face on top of my liquid mineral foundation when applied with a big fluffy brush, RCMA takes a few hours to set in properly, even when blended in
-The packaging sucks, so even though it's cheap, you end up throwing out a lot of the powder by default
-The powder is not as finely milled as other higher-end setting powders, but I guess you get what you pay for
- Made my pores on my nose look HUGE, at least way bigger than normal when I use my mineral powder foundation, it's almost as if the powder made my nose more oily if that makes sense

The worst of all, it cakes above the lip area when wearing lipstick. I don't bake above my lip or apply concealer, yet when I apply any lipstick I have to remove a white caked powder from above my top lip with a qtip, this has literally never happened before with any product or powder I've used--it almost looks crusty in a way. Luckily the last few times this happened, I caught it before I went out the door.

Would not repurchase nor recommend, hate that I bought into the hype. Try to always get a sample of these over-hyped products before you buy, so you don't waste your money.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great powder no flash back on my medium-deep golden skin. I use it to set. and has great oil control.

on 6/5/2016 6:06:00 AM

One of those "YouTube" made me do it. So I was watching Wayne Goss go on and on about this powder and decided to purchase this to bake and set makeup. It is great! Finely milled and doesn't leave a white cast. Best of all, it's cheap! Highly recommend!

on 5/15/2016 12:28:00 AM

I was finally able to get my hands on this when CRC restocked. I purchased mine in the 1oz size since i doubt i'd be able to make a dent in the smaller size let alone the 10oz!!

This powder contains 2 ingredients: talc and silica - that's it.

The power itself is very finely milled and feels like silk! It doesn't really have much oil control, which is fine for me since my skin is more on the dry side. This powder does look invisible on the skin. It helps my skin look flawless all day and night without adding any cakey-ness to it. I don't find that it helps to minimize pores though.

The packaging looks like a spice shaker - very simple/basic. I empty some out into a small container and use from there so I don't contaminate the whole product. I have cute containers to re-purpose so it's win-win for me =D

It's an awesome product for a very reasonable price. Around $12CAD. I also read somewhere that RCMA hand makes all these powders which is why it takes so long for websites to re-stock!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been thinking for a while of getting the Laura Mercier invisible loose setting powder but was detained because of the price. I saw a review on this one on YouTube and I ordered it immediately. It is very affordable, it is 3 ounces and retails for about $11. It is finely milled, it lasts all day, it is easy to apply, and my skin looks dewy. I use it to bake and immediately I notice the results specially in pictures. I apply it with my damp beauty blender and I am good to go. I will try the Laura Mercier eventually but right now I am really happy with this product.

on 3/21/2015 12:20:00 AM

my go to powder for normall to dry skin types

it doesnt cake regardless of how thick i pat it on the skin. sets cream foundations well. doesnt change the color of foundation. skin feels velvety smooth. looks very natural, daytime or night time. perfect for flash photography.

con: not for oily skin types.

it comes in a very cheap looking shaker type container, i transfer mine in a sifter that looks like bare minerals container (bought at nigels) and now it looks a high end product.

5/5

update 7/2016

this is still my HG powder - be it daily wear, glam or fantasy makeup look. I bought the tub size for 20 dollars i think. A good deal.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the 10oz RCMA powder for $20 on Camera Ready Cosmetics. Although I said that I'd purchase the item again, I think I might have enough product to last my entire life (well if I wasn't so clumsy and didn't spill it everywhere). I am a woman of color, and I haven't had any problems with strange color casting with this powder. I usually apply it with a velour powder puff over my foundation and knock off any excess with a fluffy powder brush. I makes my makeup last hours longer without looking greasy, creasy, or cakey. The packaging of the 10oz jar is very basic, not great, in fact I tend to dump it everywhere, when I put it in a smaller (more easy to use) container. Even when I consider only the amount that I am left with "post-spillage" it's still a steal. I recommend trying this one