RCMA No Color Powder

No Color Powder

3.0

Talc, silica

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product has unfortunately been so hyped up online that when I bought it I was disappointed. It is a decent product - it sets foundation, stops concealer creasing, has no colour or white cast (on my NW10 skin at least - people with darker skin tones may find that it does leave a white cast), and is finely milled - but it is not the miracle product that so many YTers and bloggers have made it out to be.

I was led to believe that it was great for dry skin, but it performs exactly the same as every other powder I've tried. Powder by its nature is not the best for dry skin, so I think that my expectations were just too high to begin with and it's not the fault of the product. I can only put a light dusting on my concealer, otherwise my face feels dry and uncomfortable. So KathleenLights' claim that people with dry skin could bake with it or dust it all over the face feels very untrue in my case.

The packaging is the deal breaker for me. It is difficult to use, powder ends up flying everywhere, and really it's a hassle. It really needs to be decanted into a smaller container with a sifter.

Really, this is a basic powder that does the job, but it's not going to revolutionise your makeup or your routine. It does the job and is a solid workhorse, but don't expect it to blow your mind.

on 12/16/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is another one of those YouTube made me buy it and oh lord do I regret it. I don't understand all of these youtubers who claim they have dry skin and that this is THE powder for them. I find this to be quite drying and doesn't contain any makeup setting or prolonging functions. I certainly cannot use it on my whole face as it mattifies and gives my skin a strange feel, much like smearing flour or some other dry powder, and it cakes up whenever I use a setting spray. It doesn't do that great of a job over my concealer either, my concealers (UD naked and Nars radiance creamy) seem to crease right after one or two hours, and I don't have this issue when I use a foundation powder to set the concealer.

Update: I've done two times the same at-home wear test, with applying this powder over half of my face (including undereye area) and another powder (I used Nars light reflecting setting powder) over the other half of my face. All other conditions are absolutely the same regarding foundation / skincare. After a few hours, the RCMA side shows significantly obvious pores, almost looking like the base makeup has sunken into these pores, and the side of my nose is extremely powdery and white, but the side with Nars powder does not show this and still look poreless. There is redness showing next to my nose on RCMA side, which means the foundation there has slided off a bit, again the redness on Nars side is still concealed. The worst of it all was the undereye area, which turned into this creased dry patch that you can definitely see the lines in, the Nars side undereye isn't looking that moisturized either due to the fact that I have dry undereye, but so far no texture or creasing. I repeated the same test again the next day but just switched sides for the two powders (in case my skin condition is uneven) and received the same results.
My face is usually really dry, but my foundation seems to be working very well for me lately, after I introduced an oil into my skincare a few weeks ago, so I was surprised that I could actually set it with the Nars powder (which otherwise I reserve for warmer months, because it's quite mattifying slash drying). So this proves even when my skin's condition is superb, RCMA still doesn't work for me. Needless to say, I won't be using this powder to set anything anymore. It's good riddance since I hate the packaging anyway. (Update: I gave this powder to a friend who always sports a full coverage look - meaning her skin is the opposite of dry, and she loves it. She says it is perfect for baking.)

on 6/16/2010 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this powder. Being a very pale girl, it can be hard to find a powder that is light enough, but doesn't make me look ghostly. This doesn't alter the color of my foundation at all, and doesn't leave my skin 'powdery'. As someone else mentioned, you do get a lot for your money. I got the large size, and put some in a separate powder sifter. Judging by the mount used so far, this will last me for years. While I would re-purchase, I will probably only have to if I loose the big jar - otherwise I'm good for a very long time. I use this along with Graftobian's 'Graceful Swan' creme foundation - a match made in heaven!