RCMA No Color Powder

No Color Powder

3.8

Talc, silica

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the 10oz RCMA powder for $20 on Camera Ready Cosmetics. Although I said that I'd purchase the item again, I think I might have enough product to last my entire life (well if I wasn't so clumsy and didn't spill it everywhere). I am a woman of color, and I haven't had any problems with strange color casting with this powder. I usually apply it with a velour powder puff over my foundation and knock off any excess with a fluffy powder brush. I makes my makeup last hours longer without looking greasy, creasy, or cakey. The packaging of the 10oz jar is very basic, not great, in fact I tend to dump it everywhere, when I put it in a smaller (more easy to use) container. Even when I consider only the amount that I am left with "post-spillage" it's still a steal. I recommend trying this one

on 10/14/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, I know- it's a cult-favorite, but I personally find This product to be way over hyped!
It’s very affordable & finely milled,
I mainly use it for the “Baking Technique“, and it does brighten the under eye area beautifully, but that goes for the rest of your face as well...
the "no color" title is misleading-
It leaves a white cast & bright the shade of the foundation if I use all over my face.
It also very Mattifying- so if you're going for a dewy foundation/look it's going to take that away.
Maybe it's just more suitable for oily skin type.
packaging Wise - it looks like a “salt shaker”,
not functional at all & quit messy. (I moved it to different container to make it work)
The value is great, but not a HG status for me.

on 3/2/2017 4:46:00 AM

Updated review:

I thought it would only be fair to give this powder an updated review as I used it today and had a much better experience.

Some personal tips I learned with this powder:

-Do not use with liquid mineral foundations if you have normal/oily skin.
-I used it on top of a physical sunscreen the first time, I think this is what caused the caking above the lip, as it didn't happen when not used in conjunction with the sunscreen
-I applied my tarte shape tape concealer and liquid foundation (non-mineral) and used this on the bottom of my cheeks, and under my eyes to bake, I have to say it worked really well this time and especially looked great in photos.

I applied it with a damp beauty blender to set and bake my foundation. In order to use it like this I had to pour a lot of the powder out on a paper towel and dip the damp beauty blender into that. That means that a ton of product was thrown out and wasted.

I'm upping my rating to 2/5 because the packaging is still awful and makes you waste a ton of product and the main ingredient is talc. I still wouldn't repurchase but will finish this container.

Initial Review:

Don't buy into the hype, this powder:

-Sets into fine lines, especially around the eyes, at least on me
-Leaves a white residue all over my face on top of my liquid mineral foundation when applied with a big fluffy brush, RCMA takes a few hours to set in properly, even when blended in
-The packaging sucks, so even though it's cheap, you end up throwing out a lot of the powder by default
-The powder is not as finely milled as other higher-end setting powders, but I guess you get what you pay for
- Made my pores on my nose look HUGE, at least way bigger than normal when I use my mineral powder foundation, it's almost as if the powder made my nose more oily if that makes sense

The worst of all, it cakes above the lip area when wearing lipstick. I don't bake above my lip or apply concealer, yet when I apply any lipstick I have to remove a white caked powder from above my top lip with a qtip, this has literally never happened before with any product or powder I've used--it almost looks crusty in a way. Luckily the last few times this happened, I caught it before I went out the door.

Would not repurchase nor recommend, hate that I bought into the hype. Try to always get a sample of these over-hyped products before you buy, so you don't waste your money.

Aw so sad. I, like other reviewers had high hopes for a 'miracle' powder. I have medium-tan white girl skin. This powder kind of looks white rather than translucent. I look ashy. This settled into my fine lines horribly (I'm 32 so I know I have them but this was awful and made me depressed!) I am not a powder user, so I was just shocked to see how awful and crepey under my eyes could look :(. Wrinkles aside, this powder also caked up my foundations in a lot of spots on my forehead, cheeks, nose.. everywhere. I was expecting a powder to make my makeup look flawless, instead I am in dry, blotchy, wrinkly hell. It says it is not supposed to give flashback, and while I haven't tested the accuracy of this, I can tell just by the white cast it leaves on my face that it would most certainly leave flashback. The packaging is weird. It has such basic ingredients. One is talc. Talc is linked to cancer. I think I will try Kryolan's line of powders and see if it's just my sadly aging skin, or a crappy product or both lol. Or maybe powder is not for me.

on 5/15/2016 12:28:00 AM

I was finally able to get my hands on this when CRC restocked. I purchased mine in the 1oz size since i doubt i'd be able to make a dent in the smaller size let alone the 10oz!!

This powder contains 2 ingredients: talc and silica - that's it.

The power itself is very finely milled and feels like silk! It doesn't really have much oil control, which is fine for me since my skin is more on the dry side. This powder does look invisible on the skin. It helps my skin look flawless all day and night without adding any cakey-ness to it. I don't find that it helps to minimize pores though.

The packaging looks like a spice shaker - very simple/basic. I empty some out into a small container and use from there so I don't contaminate the whole product. I have cute containers to re-purpose so it's win-win for me =D

It's an awesome product for a very reasonable price. Around $12CAD. I also read somewhere that RCMA hand makes all these powders which is why it takes so long for websites to re-stock!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This works pretty well but the talc in this makes me wanna itch my face off. Not to mention my whole face breaks out in horrible rash. I don't even have a sensitive skin. Very unfortunate.

on 3/21/2015 12:20:00 AM

my go to powder for normall to dry skin types

it doesnt cake regardless of how thick i pat it on the skin. sets cream foundations well. doesnt change the color of foundation. skin feels velvety smooth. looks very natural, daytime or night time. perfect for flash photography.

con: not for oily skin types.

it comes in a very cheap looking shaker type container, i transfer mine in a sifter that looks like bare minerals container (bought at nigels) and now it looks a high end product.

5/5

update 7/2016

this is still my HG powder - be it daily wear, glam or fantasy makeup look. I bought the tub size for 20 dollars i think. A good deal.

on 3/26/2004 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good setting powder. It mattifies well, sets makeup well, and is incredibly cheap (3oz size which most will get for personal use is about $5-$6). Unfortunately, it makes my face itch like crazy. I don't get hives or anything, or break out from it, just...itchy. Very, very strange. My shaker jar has no ingredients label on it so I can't even begin to imagine what's causing this. Nevertheless, in a world full of face powders that don't make me itch, there is no good reason for me to use this one. Too bad, because it performs well for the price.

lies lies lies...major white cast, cant bake with it bc its kinda hard to completely remove, and it doesn't do much for my under eye creasing. I can only see this work with very pale people that way the white cast wont be so noticeable. After the oils come through u can feel it just sitting there and if u touch it feels like it created some sort of paste with the mix of the powder and foundation. For reference i have medium golden skin tone and i have combination skin. Some powders that worked for me are : Laura Mercier, Maybelline Shine Control, Rimmel Stay Matte, NYX HD and the Sephora Yellow loose powder

on 5/19/2016 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very good loose powder. It applies white on the skin initally but after a few mins it goes colorless and completely undetectable on the skin. Not the most longlasting powder ive worn and it certainly doesnt have the best oil control properties but still a very good everyday powder. A worthy purchase.