RCMA No Color Powder

RCMA No Color Powder
No Color Powder

Talc, silica

on 3/16/2017 11:27:00 AM

I love love this product!! I use it to set my entire face. It makes my face look smooth and flawless!! It does get cakie on me if I put too much powder but an easy fix is going in with a beauty sponge to pack it into your skin. I don't get a white cast from it but my friend swears it gives her one. It definitely am planning to buy more.

on 3/2/2017 4:46:00 AM

Updated review:

I thought it would only be fair to give this powder an updated review as I used it today and had a much better experience.

Some personal tips I learned with this powder:

-Do not use with liquid mineral foundations if you have normal/oily skin.
-I used it on top of a physical sunscreen the first time, I think this is what caused the caking above the lip, as it didn't happen when not used in conjunction with the sunscreen
-I applied my tarte shape tape concealer and liquid foundation (non-mineral) and used this on the bottom of my cheeks, and under my eyes to bake, I have to say it worked really well this time and especially looked great in photos.

I applied it with a damp beauty blender to set and bake my foundation. In order to use it like this I had to pour a lot of the powder out on a paper towel and dip the damp beauty blender into that. That means that a ton of product was thrown out and wasted.

I'm upping my rating to 2/5 because the packaging is still awful and makes you waste a ton of product and the main ingredient is talc. I still wouldn't repurchase but will finish this container.

Initial Review:

Don't buy into the hype, this powder:

-Sets into fine lines, especially around the eyes, at least on me
-Leaves a white residue all over my face on top of my liquid mineral foundation when applied with a big fluffy brush, RCMA takes a few hours to set in properly, even when blended in
-The packaging sucks, so even though it's cheap, you end up throwing out a lot of the powder by default
-The powder is not as finely milled as other higher-end setting powders, but I guess you get what you pay for
- Made my pores on my nose look HUGE, at least way bigger than normal when I use my mineral powder foundation, it's almost as if the powder made my nose more oily if that makes sense

The worst of all, it cakes above the lip area when wearing lipstick. I don't bake above my lip or apply concealer, yet when I apply any lipstick I have to remove a white caked powder from above my top lip with a qtip, this has literally never happened before with any product or powder I've used--it almost looks crusty in a way. Luckily the last few times this happened, I caught it before I went out the door.

Would not repurchase nor recommend, hate that I bought into the hype. Try to always get a sample of these over-hyped products before you buy, so you don't waste your money.

on 2/27/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an amazing product for the hype and the price. I use this to set my foundation and this thing mattifies so well, and actually stays mat for hours. There's a need to blend it well though as I discovered the hard way with flash photography. A bit goes a longg way for 6 hours or so in hot, humid weather. Price point is excellent for such an incredible amount of product too.

Been using it for 6 months or so, and I'm only done with 20% of the product.

Packaging wise, not so great. For such a great amount of product, the sifter has way too big holes and so I'll close it, shake it up a little, open it, and use the powder gather on the sides of the holes. It looks really chic and classic but just not so practical. I've depotted some of the powder into my old palgantong case instead to use as I found it to be frustrating to use it by shaking and literally collecting powder leftovers on top.

Overall - get it. You can't find a loose powder this high quality for the price point.

on 2/22/2017 4:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Ughh I hate the packaging but the stuff inside of it is so good! I've used this for a year now and used up like 1/4 of the amount of powder you get, still loving it. Makes my undereye concealer stay creaseless and looking good for such a long time and doesn't look white once applied onto the skin. And I can totally live with the unpractical packaging, I'll just use my chanel universelle libre lid and take a small amount onto that whenever I use it.

on 2/5/2017 12:07:00 AM

I am so incredibly disappointed, this powder was so recommended by Kathleen lights (usually I love everything she suggests) but this turned out to cause more harm than good. I used this twice and it was the only new product in my makeup routine and my face has been breaking out all over my face. I get one or two zits here and there usually in the same general area, however after using this twice I broke out with multiple zits all of my face. Not only that, my face now had a thousand little bumps all over that cause irritation.! Again, not ONLY that but I woke up did my makeup went out to breakfast and was going to go shopping but an hour after doing my makeup I looked in the mirror and saw patches of oil and my foundation was patchy and you could see my redness and ALL of my pores I mean even the ones that aren't big. I'm 22 and you could see all of my "wrinkles" and lines I didn't even know I had. I even noticed my foundation oxidized It looked horrific I drove all the way home and took off my makeup and had to redo my entire face setting my concealer with my elf pressed powder instead. I really wanted to love this... but I do not recommned this product to anyone.

Love! Love! Love! this powder. I no longer reach for my former HG the Nars Crystal Translucent Powder, which is like 7 times the price of this! I use it for under eye baking, applied with a damp beauty blender and all over as a setting powder with a big fluffy brush.
A container of this will last you at least two years. Doesn't settle into lines, crack or cake up.

on 1/29/2017 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got on the train way too late! This is HG of all setting powders out there and I've been through a few here are the Pros: it doesn't settle into fine lines, it absorbs excess oil, it doesn't leave a white cast as there's no talc in it. It doesn't alter the colour of all product applied before this. It's also SO affordable Cons: the packaging might be an issue for some but I'll rather pay for content ANY DAY as opposed to a cute good for nothing only sitting on dresser product. If this would help I get really oily and an NC45 in Mac foundation

Love this stuff. Would buy it even if it were more expensive.

Pros
Truly no color
Not drying, cracking or cakey.
No flashback
Sets like a dream and finely milled

Cons
Parmesan cheese shaker packaging.
Gotta move this to an empty jar or something bc it is flimsy and wasteful.
No puff included if that matters to you

on 1/13/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

it is refreshing to have a product that is affordable and works great!
rcma no color sets makeup very well, especially my multiple smile lines so foundation doesnt crack there.
only a small amount is needed. this powder is finely milled.
truly zero colour... it looks white in the jar but it does not look white on the face.
and it has zero sparkly bits.
i press the powder in with a damp BB.
so rcma is fabulous for setting but i dont know how it does with oil if you lean that way.
i have normal skin.
i do use Laura mercier translucent pressed for touchup on the go but it is not always needed (only in very hot summer weather or during an extra long day/evening)

on 1/9/2017 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this setting powder. The only thing is, the packaging is pretty messy and impossible to use. Mine is still pretty full, so I'm able to dip a small beauty blender into it, but I'm not sure what I'll do when I can't do that anymore. Definitely a good purchase!!