RCMA No Color Powder

RCMA No Color Powder
No Color Powder

4.1

Talc, silica

I have ticked that if I ran out of this I would buy it again but I really do anticipate this will last me the rest of my natural life!
This is a very finely milled powder in an alarming shade of pure white.
The packaging is daunting-just a large plastic bottle with sifter holes in the top.
After getting over all that I found this to be a truly excellent product.
Used sparingly it blends out the look of pores, doesn't settle in lines and (may) help to increse the longevity of my makeup. It is mid-winter here and I don't spend any time perspiring or exercising or doing anything which would test my makeup so can't comment on this aspect.
I find turning the bottle upside down with the lid still firmly on leaves enough powder residue on the inside of the lid for at least one application. This avoids any mess. It must be used sparingly otherwise you can have a ghostly look and emphasise lines rather than blurring them and I imagine in photographs too much might cause a bit of white flaring.
I actually prefer this to the ITCosmetics powder I have been using as it seems finer and doesn't look quite so obvious.
It will also probably last forever.
I have mid fifties skin which is quite sensitive and suffer from rosascea and have had no problems with this at all.
Recommended.

One of my favourite finishing powders.

Doesn't take much, isn't drying on my dry mature skin and keeps my makeup looking great all day. Doesn't reflect white or show up cakiness, dry patches, wrinkles or lines. I find this powder to be quite moisturising and it is finely milled.

The one thing I don't like about this product is the container. It's like a salt shaker and way too much product is released and there is no way of containing that product so it doesn't go anywhere.

I ended up purchasing the cutest Anna Sui powder puff container to keep the powder in. It has an inner seal so you can travel and the powder doesn't spill and it comes with a powder puff.

So my favourite finishing powder just got better.

Love! Love! Love! this powder. I no longer reach for my former HG the Nars Crystal Translucent Powder, which is like 7 times the price of this! I use it for under eye baking, applied with a damp beauty blender and all over as a setting powder with a big fluffy brush.
A container of this will last you at least two years. Doesn't settle into lines, crack or cake up.

on 1/13/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

it is refreshing to have a product that is affordable and works great!
rcma no color sets makeup very well, especially my multiple smile lines so foundation doesnt crack there.
only a small amount is needed. this powder is finely milled.
truly zero colour... it looks white in the jar but it does not look white on the face.
and it has zero sparkly bits.
i press the powder in with a damp BB.
so rcma is fabulous for setting but i dont know how it does with oil if you lean that way.
i have normal skin.
i do use Laura mercier translucent pressed for touchup on the go but it is not always needed (only in very hot summer weather or during an extra long day/evening)

on 12/7/2016 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Personally I don't get the hype with this product but I do need an oil controlling powder, which this most certainly doesn't do. It doesn't set nor mattify my makeup so a definite was of time. So pleased I got a sample first.

on 11/29/2016 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best setting powder I've ever used, and it's only $12. It's no frills, utilitarian packaging but that's not a concern for me; I rather would have something which performs consistently well.
About me: I'm 44, have combination to dry skin, some rosacea and melasma. I'm fair skinned ( about NC25 ) and this powder works beautifully; I press it into the skin with a powder puff ( Laura Mercier) over my primer and foundation. Too much will leave me looking dry, and I use Fix+ or similar to leave a dewy finish.
I've illustrated the pros but there ARE cons to this, and they might be:
1.) likely won't absorb excess oil; it is meant to "set" the face.
2.) while it is a "no color" powder it may not translate as well on beautiful darker skin tones; could appear ashy.
3.) comes in a sifter bottle and can get everywhere if you're not careful.
4.) both a pro and con- often sold out online due to its popularity; while it is a pro MUA product many YTers have sung its praises and people will buy it based upon those recs in droves.
I can't attest to its efficacy with "baking" ( setting under eye concealer or contour with powder in order to extend wear, or for performers under hot lights.) I don't perform on stage ( anymore) and I don't bother to contour; Mary Greenwell is a renowned MUA and suggests women over a certain age don't need it, but maybe bronzer instead to warm the face. I'm not suggesting people "shouldn't" do it- no rules in makeup- but for me I choose not to.
Overall this is a very inexpensive finely milled powder that won't add color/ texture to the face when setting makeup. I have purchased via Beautylish and Camera Ready Cosmetics also sells it; I have no affiliation with either but both sites offer great products and CS. I also think it is sold at brick and mortar stores like Naime's ( sp?)

on 10/30/2016 3:33:00 PM

I got this powder after hearing so many rave reviews on YouTube and I was disappointed. The powder made my skin look very dry when first applied, and then after a few hours started breaking down in my t-zone causing me to look cakey and oily. It settles into the lines under my eyes almost immediately, making them look much older and drier than they are.
Overall, this powder didn't seem to melt seamlessly into my skin as other powders have done.
The packaging, while small, is inconvienent and not easy to work with.
While this isn't the worst powder I have ever used, it didn't work well enough for me to repurchase, despite the low price. Nothing about this powder wowed me.

on 9/15/2016 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Had to try this after seeing so many youtubers rave about it. It just set my foundation but did not blur pores or give airbrushed flattering finish like my it cosmetics byebye pores does, so I have repurchased the it powder and will probably return the rcma.

on 8/22/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. I saw a review on yt by Tati and she recommended this product very highly so I decided to order it. It was only $12 from Beautylish and I have been so happy with this as a setting powder. It even works well in the Florida heat and humidity (it's summer now). This powder is not chalky at all and blends in beautifully. I do use a setting spray which prevents it from looking too powdery. It melds in gorgeously and doesn't make my T zone oily. Supposedly this isn't good for oilier skin types, which I didn't know at the time I ordered it. My skin is somewhat oily but I haven't had any issues at all. It gives a beautiful seamless finish that makes my foundation pure perfection. I shake a bit into my hand and then use a fluffy brush to apply it all over my face. I use a damp sponge and the powder to set the concealer under my eyes. I then brush off the excess with the big brush. I've used other white powders, namely Ben Nye Neutral Set and Elf HD powder, but neither of these has the same beautiful finish as RMCA. This was definitely a great purchase for me. I highly recommend this product.

You would never guess it from the modest, no frills packaging, but RCMA No Color Loose Powder is the best setting powder! RCMA is not a commercial brand, so doesn't get the credit the brand deserves. This brand was designed for actors and models who work long hours under bright lights and this powder definitely holds up to light, heat, humidity and sweat. It looks white in the container but doesn't leave a white cast on skin. It does leave a matte finish. Once you apply it, your makeup won't budge. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's like invisible armour. The first time I wore it, my makeup wouldn't smear if I tried. (And yes, I did try.) It does make your makeup look less intense, so I recommend using it sparingly. Since it's so effective, you won't need much. I haven't used it in photographs, but from what I've heard, it looks invisible and leaves no flashback. It's also a bargain for the quality you get. $10 for 3 ounces or $20 for 10 ounces which you can purchase from the RCMA website, Camera Ready Cosmetics or Alcone. My only complaint is the shaker top container (3 oz.) is messy to work with and doesn't come with a powder puff. ( I recommend using a large one.) Still, that seems like a minor inconvenience for such a great product.