RCMA No Color Powder

Talc, silica

on 10/14/2017 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes, I know- it's a cult-favorite, but I personally find This product to be way over hyped!
It’s very affordable & finely milled,
I mainly use it for the “Baking Technique“.
BUT, the "no color" title is misleading-
It does leave a white cast & Brightning up the foundation. It also very mattifying, so if you're going for a dewy foundation/look it's going to take that away.
Maybe it's just more suitable for oily skin type.
packaging Wise - it looks like a “salt shaker” & not very functional...Recommends moving the formula to another loose powder container (less messy & easy to control the amount of product that Released).Great value, but not a HG status for me.

lies lies lies...major white cast, cant bake with it bc its kinda hard to completely remove, and it doesn't do much for my under eye creasing. I can only see this work with very pale people that way the white cast wont be so noticeable. After the oils come through u can feel it just sitting there and if u touch it feels like it created some sort of paste with the mix of the powder and foundation. For reference i have medium golden skin tone and i have combination skin. Some powders that worked for me are : Laura Mercier, Maybelline Shine Control, Rimmel Stay Matte, NYX HD and the Sephora Yellow loose powder

on 5/2/2017 6:32:00 PM

I don't really understand the hype in this product. It is finely milled... but to say it's "No color" is a bit misleading. It is white. Straight up white... so if you have color to your skin, this definitely has a potential to show up/go ashy. I have little color in my skin, so that wasn't my issue. I just found this very drying and uncomfortable to wear. I ended up giving it away. At least it is not expensive, so if you don't like it, you're not out a ton of money. Honestly I hate nearly every setting/powder.

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like it applied with a brush, very lightly, very delicately, just where I need it. I've tried baking with it a couple of times and it looks awful, at least on my skin. It left me a white cast, it looked cakey, just no. It doesn't control the oils on my t-zone like the Laura Mercier translucent powder but it's pretty good. I don't know, I like it but I'm not crazy about it. Also, RCMA are you kidding me with the packaging?????? awful.

I would say it's worth it because it's cheap and it does the job but it's not my favorite. I'm very ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it.

on 4/14/2017 6:16:00 PM

Wowwwwzzzzaaaa flawless for days on end. This product is worth all it's hype. I had a full day of activities and my makeup did not budge. I got home looking as fresh as ever. Beautiful product which i am forever greatful for. Every make up addict needs this powder. You do not need any other powder but RCMA no Color powder!

on 3/2/2017 4:46:00 AM

Updated review:

I thought it would only be fair to give this powder an updated review as I used it today and had a much better experience.

Some personal tips I learned with this powder:

-Do not use with liquid mineral foundations if you have normal/oily skin.
-I used it on top of a physical sunscreen the first time, I think this is what caused the caking above the lip, as it didn't happen when not used in conjunction with the sunscreen
-I applied my tarte shape tape concealer and liquid foundation (non-mineral) and used this on the bottom of my cheeks, and under my eyes to bake, I have to say it worked really well this time and especially looked great in photos.

I applied it with a damp beauty blender to set and bake my foundation. In order to use it like this I had to pour a lot of the powder out on a paper towel and dip the damp beauty blender into that. That means that a ton of product was thrown out and wasted.

I'm upping my rating to 2/5 because the packaging is still awful and makes you waste a ton of product and the main ingredient is talc. I still wouldn't repurchase but will finish this container.

Initial Review:

Don't buy into the hype, this powder:

-Sets into fine lines, especially around the eyes, at least on me
-Leaves a white residue all over my face on top of my liquid mineral foundation when applied with a big fluffy brush, RCMA takes a few hours to set in properly, even when blended in
-The packaging sucks, so even though it's cheap, you end up throwing out a lot of the powder by default
-The powder is not as finely milled as other higher-end setting powders, but I guess you get what you pay for
- Made my pores on my nose look HUGE, at least way bigger than normal when I use my mineral powder foundation, it's almost as if the powder made my nose more oily if that makes sense

The worst of all, it cakes above the lip area when wearing lipstick. I don't bake above my lip or apply concealer, yet when I apply any lipstick I have to remove a white caked powder from above my top lip with a qtip, this has literally never happened before with any product or powder I've used--it almost looks crusty in a way. Luckily the last few times this happened, I caught it before I went out the door.

Would not repurchase nor recommend, hate that I bought into the hype. Try to always get a sample of these over-hyped products before you buy, so you don't waste your money.

Aw so sad. I, like other reviewers had high hopes for a 'miracle' powder. I have medium-tan white girl skin. This powder kind of looks white rather than translucent. I look ashy. This settled into my fine lines horribly (I'm 32 so I know I have them but this was awful and made me depressed!) I am not a powder user, so I was just shocked to see how awful and crepey under my eyes could look :(. Wrinkles aside, this powder also caked up my foundations in a lot of spots on my forehead, cheeks, nose.. everywhere. I was expecting a powder to make my makeup look flawless, instead I am in dry, blotchy, wrinkly hell. It says it is not supposed to give flashback, and while I haven't tested the accuracy of this, I can tell just by the white cast it leaves on my face that it would most certainly leave flashback. The packaging is weird. It has such basic ingredients. One is talc. Talc is linked to cancer. I think I will try Kryolan's line of powders and see if it's just my sadly aging skin, or a crappy product or both lol. Or maybe powder is not for me.

on 10/17/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this product mainly because I thought "professional" was just better than "commercial" when it comes to brands. I was wrong. If you're considering buying it, you have to take in count this is a setting powder, which means it needs something beneath to set.
Now I've been using it for a month or so, I realise professional products are meant to perform in extreme lighting conditions, not on a daily basis. The more products you wear (and the thicker the layering is) the best it'll perform. It doesn't control oil production and unless your skin is very fair, you cannot wear it by itself unless you want to look "ghostly".
So this is an excellent product, but not for a bare skin style.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great powder no flash back on my medium-deep golden skin. I use it to set. and has great oil control.

on 7/11/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this hyped up product due to youtube. It was recommended instead of the LM powder that is a lot more expensive. After sitting on a waiting list for a couple of months I was finally able to get my hand on it. I have been using it for a couple of months now and here are my thoughts on this product:

Pros:
great price!
good all over setting product
No color
Great for all skin tones as a setting powder
A little goes along way

Cons:
Packaging
Does not control oil (but it is not advertised as oil controlling)
Not good for under eye baking (left a white cast that looked ashy on my dark under eyes, even with color correcting)
works great with a brush or beauty blender

I will continue to use it as an all over setting powder, do not feel the need to repurchase, since I don't think I will ever run out! I cannot compare to the LM powder since I have never tried it. I will continue to use my Ben Nye Banana Powder for baking my under eye concealer.