RCMA Makeup No Color Powder

Talc, silica

on 8/19/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been on the hunt for a powder that I could set my under eyes with and not have it emphasize any fine lines. It was between this and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder which I read a lot of good things about. Because of the quantity of product you're getting (3oz!! vs 0.14oz of LM) and the fact that I read many people say this is just as good, I decided to go with this. I have the bad fortune of having hereditary dark circles, hollow undereyes as well as dry undereyes. Any concealer I use creases and settles into all those tiny crevices making my undereye area look dry and crepey. (though I should say Tazorac has greatly reduced the issue). If I don't use concealer, I'm left with some serious dark circles. After experimenting with this powder for a few months now, I've come up with a way that works the best for me. After I apply my concealer, I blend everything with my fingers carefully. When I say everything, I mean everything. Get close to the mirror and make sure you blend anything that's settled into lines. This is very important. Do not set your concealer with this powder over creased concealer. It doesn't budge after that and you'll be left with a creased undereye all day. So after you blend your concealer, immediately apply this powder lightly wherever you want your concealer to set. Don't overdo it or you'll be left with a dry, powdery undereye. Just a light dusting is enough. I mostly use a brush to do it, but I've also tries the baking method with a damp beauty blender. I'm too lazy to do that on an everyday basis. But I see myself using the baking technique only if I have a long event to attend or something. I know this doesn't have any color, but it brightens my undereyes somehow and makes my hollows look not as hollow. Recently I've been applying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to brighten my undereyes even further by applying it on top of the RCMA powder (I have a separate review for that).

If you use this powder sparingly, you will be left with smooth, crease-free undereyes all day. I even use this to set my foundation over my nasolabial lines and around the nose where foundations tend to settle. The packaging sucks, yes. But it doesn't bother me that much since this is quite inexpensive for what it does.

on 2/5/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in No-Color. It works. It doesn't alter the tone of your foundation or color application how a lot of products do. I mainly use it under my eyes. It does feel a little drying though and not as nice of a texture as my Ben Nye Neutral Set, but Ben Nye Neutral Set leaves a white casting and this doesn't... so there you go.
Update: While it does set the foundation good and doesn't alter the tone it doesn't seem to make it last as long as other setting powders do. I feel as though with my Ben Nye Neutral Set it sets it all day long while RCMA seems to only set it for 6 or so hours before it starts to fade.