RCMA Makeup No Color Powder

3.6

Talc, silica

on 7/27/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read many reviews of this product that said it did not leave a whitecast or feel drying on the skin. In my experience this product does exactly that. I am not sure whether I am applying it wrong but I end up looking like a ghost whenever I put this over my foundation. It does help keep my face matte and prevents shine, but still I wont use it much as I look terrible with a ghostly white face.

on 5/29/2018 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got a sample of this from Camera Ready Cosmetics, which lasted me about two weeks... and I think there might be some left too... Did not understand the hype around this. It's not very finely milled - had plenty of other powders that weren't too expensive that were finer than this. Also cakes up my foundation and looked kinda dry, while not keeping oils from breaking through... just overall not a fan, and also don't like the packaging. Just as with Ben Nye Translucent powder, this didn't work for me. Agree with review below: it looked horrible under my eyes too - basically same problems as for over foundation, just amplified

on 7/17/2017 5:42:00 AM

I don't bake, so I don't know how it would look if I tried it. I just use it as a setting powder. It's an okay product, nothing special about it.

on 3/16/2017 11:27:00 AM

I love love this product!! I use it to set my entire face. It makes my face look smooth and flawless!! It does get cakie on me if I put too much powder but an easy fix is going in with a beauty sponge to pack it into your skin. I don't get a white cast from it but my friend swears it gives her one. It definitely am planning to buy more.

on 12/16/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is another one of those YouTube made me buy it and oh lord do I regret it. I don't understand all of these youtubers who claim they have dry skin and that this is THE powder for them. I find this to be quite drying and doesn't contain any makeup setting or prolonging functions. I certainly cannot use it on my whole face as it mattifies and gives my skin a strange feel, much like smearing flour or some other dry powder, and it cakes up whenever I use a setting spray. It doesn't do that great of a job over my concealer either, my concealers (UD naked and Nars radiance creamy) seem to crease right after one or two hours, and I don't have this issue when I use a foundation powder to set the concealer.

Update: I've done two times the same at-home wear test, with applying this powder over half of my face (including undereye area) and another powder (I used Nars light reflecting setting powder) over the other half of my face. All other conditions are absolutely the same regarding foundation / skincare. After a few hours, the RCMA side shows significantly obvious pores, almost looking like the base makeup has sunken into these pores, and the side of my nose is extremely powdery and white, but the side with Nars powder does not show this and still look poreless. There is redness showing next to my nose on RCMA side, which means the foundation there has slided off a bit, again the redness on Nars side is still concealed. The worst of it all was the undereye area, which turned into this creased dry patch that you can definitely see the lines in, the Nars side undereye isn't looking that moisturized either due to the fact that I have dry undereye, but so far no texture or creasing. I repeated the same test again the next day but just switched sides for the two powders (in case my skin condition is uneven) and received the same results.
My face is usually really dry, but my foundation seems to be working very well for me lately, after I introduced an oil into my skincare a few weeks ago, so I was surprised that I could actually set it with the Nars powder (which otherwise I reserve for warmer months, because it's quite mattifying slash drying). So this proves even when my skin's condition is superb, RCMA still doesn't work for me. Needless to say, I won't be using this powder to set anything anymore. It's good riddance since I hate the packaging anyway. (Update: I gave this powder to a friend who always sports a full coverage look - meaning her skin is the opposite of dry, and she loves it. She says it is perfect for baking.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HOLY GRAIL loose powder. I love everything about this product except for its packaging. This prod helps control my oil for hours and it also keeps the foundation in place. I had to take out the 1 star for the packaging, I find it hard to use.

on 9/18/2016 2:37:00 AM

I love this product! This is one of my favourite setting powders. It applies invisible on your skin (thus the name No Color), it has no perfume and will not alter the shade of your foundation when you apply it as setting powder. It claims to not having any fillers but based on its main ingredients which are talc and silica, I am pretty sure both are categorized as fillers. Either way, I love how this applies on the skin. It keeps my base products in place so when I layer on my bronzer and blush, my foundation and concealer do not budge.

RCMA is a professional makeup line and so the price can be off putting. But considering you are getting 3 oz of powder, this becomes relatively cheap compared to drugstore products such as Milani, Maybelline and ELF when you compute the price per volume. I use this every day for the past two months and I have not even consumed one-tenth of the product! This is a very good investment and worth the hype.

on 2/5/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in No-Color. It works. It doesn't alter the tone of your foundation or color application how a lot of products do. I mainly use it under my eyes. It does feel a little drying though and not as nice of a texture as my Ben Nye Neutral Set, but Ben Nye Neutral Set leaves a white casting and this doesn't... so there you go.
Update: While it does set the foundation good and doesn't alter the tone it doesn't seem to make it last as long as other setting powders do. I feel as though with my Ben Nye Neutral Set it sets it all day long while RCMA seems to only set it for 6 or so hours before it starts to fade.

on 3/29/2008 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite powders! It sets beautifully and even though, i don't wear foundation..after i put my sunscreen on, it leaves a slight oily/shiny after effect and the powder works efficiently! There's no cakey look, itchy feel...it's invisible,cheap, effective and it works!
I love it and will be repurchasing....if it ever runs out that is :)