RCMA No Color Powder

4.3

Talc, silica

on 8/19/2017 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have a dehydrated skin that turns into an oil slick every now and then. Laura Mercier's powder was an absolute flop for me. It caked and did not set my base at all. Saw enough hype on youtube about this one, thought "eh, I guess it's cheap". It's my favorite powder ever. My undereyes don't look gross and my cheeks are nice and matte. The foundation doesn't transfer and it stays put.
My only gripe is- I can't find it anywhere in Toronto and I hate waiting for online orders.

on 8/19/2017 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been on the hunt for a powder that I could set my under eyes with and not have it emphasize any fine lines. It was between this and the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder which I read a lot of good things about. Because of the quantity of product you're getting (3oz!! vs 0.14oz of LM) and the fact that I read many people say this is just as good, I decided to go with this. I have the bad fortune of having hereditary dark circles, hollow undereyes as well as dry undereyes. Any concealer I use creases and settles into all those tiny crevices making my undereye area look dry and crepey. (though I should say Tazorac has greatly reduced the issue). If I don't use concealer, I'm left with some serious dark circles. After experimenting with this powder for a few months now, I've come up with a way that works the best for me. After I apply my concealer, I blend everything with my fingers carefully. When I say everything, I mean everything. Get close to the mirror and make sure you blend anything that's settled into lines. This is very important. Do not set your concealer with this powder over creased concealer. It doesn't budge after that and you'll be left with a creased undereye all day. So after you blend your concealer, immediately apply this powder lightly wherever you want your concealer to set. Don't overdo it or you'll be left with a dry, powdery undereye. Just a light dusting is enough. I mostly use a brush to do it, but I've also tries the baking method with a damp beauty blender. I'm too lazy to do that on an everyday basis. But I see myself using the baking technique only if I have a long event to attend or something. I know this doesn't have any color, but it brightens my undereyes somehow and makes my hollows look not as hollow. Recently I've been applying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to brighten my undereyes even further by applying it on top of the RCMA powder (I have a separate review for that).

If you use this powder sparingly, you will be left with smooth, crease-free undereyes all day. I even use this to set my foundation over my nasolabial lines and around the nose where foundations tend to settle. The packaging sucks, yes. But it doesn't bother me that much since this is quite inexpensive for what it does.

on 7/17/2017 5:42:00 AM

I don't bake, so I don't know how it would look if I tried it. I just use it as a setting powder. It's an okay product, nothing special about it.

on 3/16/2017 11:27:00 AM

I love love this product!! I use it to set my entire face. It makes my face look smooth and flawless!! It does get cakie on me if I put too much powder but an easy fix is going in with a beauty sponge to pack it into your skin. I don't get a white cast from it but my friend swears it gives her one. It definitely am planning to buy more.

on 1/29/2017 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got on the train way too late! This is HG of all setting powders out there and I've been through a few here are the Pros: it doesn't settle into fine lines, it absorbs excess oil, it doesn't leave a white cast as there's no talc in it. It doesn't alter the colour of all product applied before this. It's also SO affordable Cons: the packaging might be an issue for some but I'll rather pay for content ANY DAY as opposed to a cute good for nothing only sitting on dresser product. If this would help I get really oily and an NC45 in Mac foundation

on 12/16/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is another one of those YouTube made me buy it and oh lord do I regret it. I don't understand all of these youtubers who claim they have dry skin and that this is THE powder for them. I find this to be quite drying and doesn't contain any makeup setting or prolonging functions. I certainly cannot use it on my whole face as it mattifies and gives my skin a strange feel, much like smearing flour or some other dry powder, and it cakes up whenever I use a setting spray. It doesn't do that great of a job over my concealer either, my concealers (UD naked and Nars radiance creamy) seem to crease right after one or two hours, and I don't have this issue when I use a foundation powder to set the concealer.

Update: I've done two times the same at-home wear test, with applying this powder over half of my face (including undereye area) and another powder (I used Nars light reflecting setting powder) over the other half of my face. All other conditions are absolutely the same regarding foundation / skincare. After a few hours, the RCMA side shows significantly obvious pores, almost looking like the base makeup has sunken into these pores, and the side of my nose is extremely powdery and white, but the side with Nars powder does not show this and still look poreless. There is redness showing next to my nose on RCMA side, which means the foundation there has slided off a bit, again the redness on Nars side is still concealed. The worst of it all was the undereye area, which turned into this creased dry patch that you can definitely see the lines in, the Nars side undereye isn't looking that moisturized either due to the fact that I have dry undereye, but so far no texture or creasing. I repeated the same test again the next day but just switched sides for the two powders (in case my skin condition is uneven) and received the same results.
My face is usually really dry, but my foundation seems to be working very well for me lately, after I introduced an oil into my skincare a few weeks ago, so I was surprised that I could actually set it with the Nars powder (which otherwise I reserve for warmer months, because it's quite mattifying slash drying). So this proves even when my skin's condition is superb, RCMA still doesn't work for me. Needless to say, I won't be using this powder to set anything anymore. It's good riddance since I hate the packaging anyway. (Update: I gave this powder to a friend who always sports a full coverage look - meaning her skin is the opposite of dry, and she loves it. She says it is perfect for baking.)

on 9/20/2016 4:40:00 AM

Ride or die powder! Makes my skin look so smooth without making it look dry at all! Great for my pale skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my new HOLY GRAIL loose powder. I love everything about this product except for its packaging. This prod helps control my oil for hours and it also keeps the foundation in place. I had to take out the 1 star for the packaging, I find it hard to use.

on 9/18/2016 2:37:00 AM

I love this product! This is one of my favourite setting powders. It applies invisible on your skin (thus the name No Color), it has no perfume and will not alter the shade of your foundation when you apply it as setting powder. It claims to not having any fillers but based on its main ingredients which are talc and silica, I am pretty sure both are categorized as fillers. Either way, I love how this applies on the skin. It keeps my base products in place so when I layer on my bronzer and blush, my foundation and concealer do not budge.

RCMA is a professional makeup line and so the price can be off putting. But considering you are getting 3 oz of powder, this becomes relatively cheap compared to drugstore products such as Milani, Maybelline and ELF when you compute the price per volume. I use this every day for the past two months and I have not even consumed one-tenth of the product! This is a very good investment and worth the hype.

on 8/21/2016 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product with high hopes as there was a lot of hype around how it's the 'miracle' powder! Unfortunately for me this just wasn't the case. I really dislike this powder; it's cakey and leaves my skin dry, dusty and textured. It also leaves white marks on my skin. The closet thing I can compare it to in texture is like talcum powder. The packaging is no thrills and very difficult to work with too but for the price this wouldn't be a huge issue for me if I felt the product worked. I wouldn't repurchase and wouldn't recommend to those who have dry and deeper skin tones.