RCMA No Color Powder

RCMA No Color Powder
No Color Powder

3.7

Talc, silica

This is my holy grail setting powder. I also love my Kokie and Laura Mercier ones as well but this takes the cake. Sets my makeup so well, doesn't stick to any areas like my Laura one and doesn't leave a cast even though it's so white. Love it

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder! It's great for my pale, oily skin and is such good value. I bake with this and it adds a nice brightness under my eyes. However, DO NOT APPLY WITH A WET SPONGE! It will make your pores look huge and will create a white powdery, blotchy mess!

on 8/28/2017 4:27:00 AM

I love this powder. I've repurchased I think 5 times. It is no color, but if you put a lot on when you bake it does keep a bit of a white color if that makes sense. I use this for baking and setting my whole face, it's great for all over as well as under the eyes. My concealer doesn't crease with this powder! The product lasts for a long time. My one gripe with this product is the packaging. The sifter lets out a lot of product. One shake isn't enough and two shakes is too much. I shake this onto my bathroom bench or makeup mixing palette and pick it up with a brush. I sometimes find I'm wiping away excess product that is being wasted. But overall I've used this for my whole face for over a year and I've found nothing to replace it yet!

on 8/18/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought it because of the hype. I have a really oily skin and I have a hard time finding a powder that really works. This was a disaster major white cast on my face. It just sat on my face it didn't blend made my pores big. It just looked like I had a flour on my face even the cheapest powders worked better. I think people with color and very oily skin should try other options.

on 7/17/2017 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the product!! It blurs my smile lines. The downside is the packaging. It's hard to transfer it onto my brush or Beauty Blender.

on 7/6/2017 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product!! It's value for money. Downside is the packaging. I repack it into smaller tubs, for ease of use and portability. I live in the Philippines, so it's always humid and I'm always sweaty. The powder helps my makeup last the whole day. And keeps me shine free for most of it. It's been a year since I bought the bottle, I've split the contents with my sister and I still have a lot of product to spare! When I use this product for baking, I tend to use a colored foundation powder or a bronzer over it, because it does project a slight white cast.

on 5/15/2017 11:32:00 AM

This product i dont understand what the entire hyped is about.

It does what it says. Its not very transparent as i have medium/dark skin tone.

It does have a white cast and i use this quite often to lighten when i am too heavy handed with my bronzer.
It okay to bake under eyes. stop from creasing. thats it.

Nothing much to add.

Terrible

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product has unfortunately been so hyped up online that when I bought it I was disappointed. It is a decent product - it sets foundation, stops concealer creasing, has no colour or white cast (on my NW10 skin at least - people with darker skin tones may find that it does leave a white cast), and is finely milled - but it is not the miracle product that so many YTers and bloggers have made it out to be.

I was led to believe that it was great for dry skin, but it performs exactly the same as every other powder I've tried. Powder by its nature is not the best for dry skin, so I think that my expectations were just too high to begin with and it's not the fault of the product. I can only put a light dusting on my concealer, otherwise my face feels dry and uncomfortable. So KathleenLights' claim that people with dry skin could bake with it or dust it all over the face feels very untrue in my case.

The packaging is the deal breaker for me. It is difficult to use, powder ends up flying everywhere, and really it's a hassle. It really needs to be decanted into a smaller container with a sifter.

Really, this is a basic powder that does the job, but it's not going to revolutionise your makeup or your routine. It does the job and is a solid workhorse, but don't expect it to blow your mind.

on 4/26/2017 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

NOTE: I think this only deserves a 3.5/5, but I can't give it that so 4 will do.

PROS:
- Cheap
- Smooths over skin beautifully

CONS:
- Messy packaging
- Leaves a white cast

On the website it says this product should:
1/ "keep your foundations set and dry without caking”: I have oily skin, but I only bake underneath my eyes and on the sides next to my nose, the rest of the face I use a very light dusting of powder. This does set foundation nicely and takes away the "wetness" of it. I do notice some people saying that this creases and settles on their fine lines even without baking, for me that's not the case; if anything I find it to smooth over texture very well, and I like to use it to set concealer on my textured blemishes. I've never baked with it so I can't say anything about that.

2/ "not alter the color of foundation bases": This does alter the color of your base. If you use it to set your entire face and put on bronzer later it's not so obvious, but if you're having a light makeup day and only want to set targeted areas, you'll easily notice how this leaves a white cast anywhere you use it. I got this over the Translucent because that one looks slightly peachy for me but this one ends up leaving a slight cast, so it's not perfect either.

3/ It doesn't promise to control oil so don't expect that! Just because other youtubers or bloggers claim it does something and compare it with other products doesn't mean it can live up to what they say! You should JUDGE A PRODUCT BASED ON WHAT IT PROMISES TO DO, NOT THINGS PEOPLE SAY IT DOES FOR THEM.

Overall, it is a good powder, the only thing holding me back from repurchasing it is the white cast. I will try some other stuff, and if nothing beats it, I might get back to it eventually.