4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I love this color so much and Bombshell is such a fitting name. I had dropped this and it shattered and I was devastated at first. I then crushed it up and put it in a tiny plastic eye shadow container, it's that beautiful and precious to me. I'd say its a sheer silvery champagne color. I use it almost every day as an all over eye shadow base when I want a clean and classic look. The shimmer is so elegant for a silver eye shadow, it looks good even in full daylight.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

12 years ago

First of all I'm a real sucker for a great name. I just loved that it was called Bombshell!!! I was worried because I read mixed reviews. Some people said they loved it & some people said the color didn't go with their skin tone. I LOVE the way this looks on me! It's a silvery, platinumy light gray. & Is just very flattering on me. I pair this w/a dark not so warm brown or a darker grayish blue & add some pearly white on the brow bone when I want a more Bombshell/Pin-up look.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

13 years ago

I usually go for MAC eyeshadows, but I was at a boutique looking at Nars eyeshadows, and after testing some on my hand, I found them to be quite comparable to MAC eyeshadows (although they are pricier). I was planning on purchasing Edie (I was looking for a light-ish neutral color to brighten my eyes) but it was sold out, so I went for my second favorite, Bombshell. Bombshell is a neutral-ish taupe-ish color with pretty silver-ish shimmer. For me, it works well as an all over wash for my eyelids, or just to highlight the brow bone, or just in the corners to brighten up your eyes. I love the cute packaging. It's rubber so if you drop it you won't crack the packaging or anything. It also comes with its own mirror inside. You get quite a bit of eyeshadow, IMO, and since I don't use a whole lot of product each time, this will probably last a long time, but I will repurchase it if I ever run out. UPDATE: I don't think I would repurchase this eyeshadow again. Although it's not horrible or anything (I have lowered my rating to a 3) I find it a bit difficult to get it to show up at all on my eyelids. The texture of this eyeshadow is a bit a bit dry for my liking too, so I think I will stick with my MAC eyeshadows from now on (which are cheaper than this anyway).

About reviewer (140 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

14 years ago

"Bombshell" is a very shimmery, platinum-taupe/bone (it's neutral-to-cool). It's a bit too frosty for my taste, though it doesn't look awful or anything. A quick wash of this is nice with black liner and loads of mascara. The texture is not quite as nice as some other NARS shadows I've tried. I don't think I'll get another as I have several colors that are similar to this (and cheaper).

About reviewer (2540 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

14 years ago

Bombshell is one of the very unique NARS colors, its a platinum shimmer that is almost particle-ey without being crusty or sparkly like MAC lustre shadows can be. Its texture allows it to easily layer over other colors to make them almost look glossy. This shadow was used on Madonna in the "Rain" Music video along with the Madrague duo and black moon pencil (francois NARS did the makeup for Madonna back then) and it looked incredible on here. I also love layering it over dark colors with a damp brush to create shiny looking dark eyes. On bare skin this product looks incredible too, but I prefer to use it over a tiny bit of concealer or cream shadow to pick up its shimmer a touch.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

15 years ago

I've had this awhile and the other night on the boards somebody asked about it and said there were only 3 reviews. Soooooo...here goes. This might be the Nars shadow that I own that gets the most use. It's what I always grab for a browbone highlighter for silvery or cool eye looks. It's not super sparkly (I only like a subtle sheen on browbones) but definitely not matte and dull. It doesn't come out as straight silver as it may look in the pan, which is a good thing because sometimes with silvers I feel it looks like there's too much of an unnatural whitish cast. It's basically very pretty and more understated than it looks in the pan. I've used it a couple of times as a lid color with something else in the crease but I prefer it as a browbone highlighter and to highlight the inner corner of eyes. No complaints with texture and staying power either. Nars shadows are a bit pricey but I've gotten so much use out of this one that I haven't had regrets.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

SkinCombination

15 years ago

I got this eyeshadow as an extra in my first swap and while I love it, I'm glad I got it for free cos I would have never paid that much for this eyeshadow. It's a nice sheer silver with very very fine glitter and I use it constantly as a browbone highlight. Nothing special though, I'm sure you can find this shade in other brands for half the money.

About reviewer (234 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

A beautiful silver shimmer. Used best as a wash or layered over. I agree with dolcefan, it is like diamonds!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

15 years ago

Beautiful natural-looking silver and appropriate for day b/c it has warm undertones that blend into my NC25 Asian skin instead of "popping" like silver e/s with blue undertones tend to do (for example, Nars Katmandu is icy blue-silver and VERY dramatic on me). Not sure I'd buy again for the price though.

About reviewer (368 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

16 years ago

Although this is a pretty color and is packaged nicely (love the little mirror!), I wouldn't purchase it again. Bombshell is a very, very sheer sparkly light silver color that hardly shows up on my NC30/MMM skin. It looked just okay with my brown eyes, nothing spectacular. The texture seemed hard and rough to me; then again, I've been spoiled by my Chanel Shadowlights, Stila eyeshadows, and Shu Uemera.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

AgeUnder 18