Aromaleigh Perle Illuminating Powder [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.7

on 2/23/2010 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in Lux and find it to have way too many reflective sparkles to be used as a face highlighter. It doesn't give a sheen or glow, but actual sparkles. I can see little gold, green reflective sprkles and if I put this on my cheekbones I look disco ballish.

I think the formula is very nice and I've been using it on my eyes in the inner corners really sheered out and it creates a subtle golden glow.

on 7/5/2009 7:52:00 PM

I have been using the Perle Powders for over a year now. I started out with the entire sample set and now have 10 mini jars. I've found numerous uses for them.

My favorites to use as blushes are Kindle, Spectre, Aura, In Bloom, and Twinkle. Sometimes I put a light dusting of Twinkle over another Aromaleigh Pure Blush color for a little added "something." I occasionally mix Illusion in with my mineral foundation for a subtle allover glow (or Incandesce when I've used a sunless tanner). It never makes me look greasy or shiny. And I use Allure as a neutral e/s or highlighter. It has the most wonderful glow. I also mix some of the darker/brighter colors with clear gloss. I never met a Perle Powder I didnt like!

There is lots of product in the mini jars. Even with daily use, I can tell they will last a very long time since a little goes a long way.

on 12/19/2008 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in Luminous, Aura and Incandesce and they are all beautiful. I use both Luminous and Incandesce as all over colors like the BE radiances because they are both light colors and Aura as a blush because its a mauve type color on my skin. They leave this really nice sheen on the skin with sheer color. The only issue is that if you use too much your pores can look like moon craters. So just a teenie amoiunt is needed that's it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this powder in two shades, Kindle and Luminous. LOVE THEM!!
I wear Kindle for when I wear cool tones. I wear Luminious when I wear warm colors. I love the soft glow the powder gives. It gives my cheeks a natural appearance that no other none AL blush has been able to do. The best way to apply is with a Fiber Optic blush brush which AL also sells. There's no other blush for me!

on 1/27/2009 9:42:00 PM

I have AL's Perle Powder in Allure (ivory champagne), Lux (white) and Twinkle (pale ballet pink) and I love them!

There was a point in my life not so long ago that the idea of using a highlighter seemed ridiculous and unnecessary, just another step to add to my makeup routine (for the days when I actually wear makeup, that is). Then I tried and loved Guerlain's Meteorites...and on I went to other highlighters, trying different formulas (liquid, pressed powder, loose powder, etc.) and different colors but generally being unhappy for one reason or another. They were either too sparkly and made me look like a disco ball or too heavy for my sensitive skin or just plain didn't look right on me. What I wanted was an easy to apply highlighter that would give me a soft, candelit, pearlized glow. Not sparkle, which is unfortunately what I found in most brands.

I've found my perfect highlighter and it's name is Illuminating Perle Powder. These are very finely milled illuminating powders. You won't find true shimmer or glitter here. Just a soft, pearlized glow in a huge range of colors (especially compared to most traditional cosmetic companies who carry 2 shades: silverish and goldish). I generally apply these lightly to the tops of my cheekbones and my temples with a synthetic fan brush I got from an art supply store (with the exception of Twinkle, which I use on the apples of my cheeks, either alone or over blush), but they can be mixed into foundation (mineral or otherwise) for a bit of extra glow or repurposed as softly glowing eyeshadows. The darker shades can double as bronzer for those with fairer skin as well. And I'm sure there are quite a few other uses out there to the person creative enough to think outside the box.

It takes very little of these to get the gentle illumination I want and the mini jars (0.33 oz) I have of each shade should last me virtually forever (even more so considering the long life of mineral makeup) so the price is more than reasonable.

PROS: (1) wide range of colors available; (2) multi-purpose--they can double as eyeshadow, blush or bronzer and can be mixed in with foundation for a subtle glow; (3) a little goes a long way; (4) easy to apply; (5) no overwhelming, disco ball glitter, making them more forgiving, especially for older women.

CONS: (1) opening the jars too quickly can cause the powder to fly up out of the jar and be wasted (just be gentle opening them and/or tap the jar--right-side up--against your palm before opening to minimize it); (2) because it's a loose powder highlighter, you may end up with some stray shimmer getting on your clothes or vanity during application.

on 11/2/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Lux and Tickle, and have tried several other samples. I love this powder. I feel it imparts a nice glow to highlight my face. Lately I've taken to using Lux to highlight my browbone as well, for when I want a subtle glow. These are really nice powders.

on 11/24/2007 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this in Mirage and I love it! It has a lovely, glowly luster and it makes a great blush/highlighter. I tried it on the tops of my cheekbones and it was subtle and pretty. It looks almost gold before you put it on, but on my (pale) skin it was sort of a autumny blushy color. I had to be careful not to use more than a tiny dab on my brush and blend well, though, or I'd look like I'd foiled my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried these in several of the colors and I love these as a face brightener, and even more as a daytime eyeshadow. I'm a 3N, and I like the darker colors a little better. Very attractive hues.

on 10/21/2007 3:03:00 PM

I am in love with Aromaleigh's perle powders. I never saw myself as one for shimmery/shiny face products (I have large pores) but I have since learnt that when small amounts are strategically placed on my face with a light touch - the effect is sensational. Compared to other glow powders that I have sampled, what's nice about the Perles is their super finely-milled quality. No glitteriness nor shimmeriness. The effect is a soft natural glowing sheen. Really lovely! MY favorites are PRECIOUS, ALLURE, SOLACE, INCANDESCE, AFTERGLOW and SCINTILLATE. The lighter shades make awesome highlighters for eyes and cheeks; the darker shades are great for bronzing/contouring when tiny amounts are mixed with foundation or finishing powder.

on 1/8/2007 6:58:00 PM

Love the perle illuminating powders enough to have purchased a wide range of colors over the last couple of years. Late 30's skin - needs a little pop as matte is just too harsh looking at this age but outright sparkle doesn't look good either. In comes Perle - as far as I'm concerned - this is a HG product - I use some colors as a blush and others mixed in with Illuminator as a setting powder. And they are just beautiful. For MM addicts, this one is well worth the money.