Bare Escentuals Loose Powder Eyeshadow

No Image

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have several of these, and I absolutely love them all! The shade range varies so much that there's something for everyone. I love their lighter, highlighting shades for my brow bone and inner corner. They also have great mid-tone shades and deeper contouring colors in their selection. What I especially love about these eye shadows is that they are buildable for the finish you desire. It's always fun to combine several shades to create a customized eye look. Also, there is so much product in the packaging that it would take forever to run out of even a favorite shade!

on 4/21/2017 9:34:00 AM

These little pots last forever. The color saturation is great (no primer really needed) you can get many looks from these using wet or dry and as eyeliners. No creasing and they last all day. I love these

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a ridiculous collection of these and I am always finding more I want. There is a huge range of colors and styles (matte, satin, glitter, metallic, etc) and I think they are just gorgeous on the lids. If you are looking for loose pigment eyeshadow, don't overlook these. The best part is that you can get great deals on the mini size sets (a good value even at full price usually) and they will still last a long time. I have a full size True Gold that gets heavy use and is still more than half full after over a decade.

Definitely look for the kits and sales on them if you want to try these, they are very fun and wear well over primer. They also blend very well with each other, but I recommend being careful with too many of the nude shades. They can get a little muddy when you apply too many together.

Pros: Multiple ways to wear these, huge variety of colors, great pigmentation, long lasting both in terms of wear and in terms of product density. There are always sales and new kits hitting stores, usually with pretty useful stuff.

Cons: Messier to travel with and a learning curve to application, but the colors are almost always worth the hassle.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love these loose shadows. I'm an addict now.
The color lasts all day, especially when used over primer. The pigment has good vibrancy and is buildable. It glides easily from the brush onto the eyelid. I love the way it feels. The jar is a nice storage container. As long as you take your time with it, you won't make a mess.
There are many colors which is great for those of us who love to experiment with new looks.
I will definitely keep a couple of these in my vanity.

on 2/2/2015 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't apply the eye shadow the same way as their foundation. I don't really rub it on so much as I just press the brush against my lid. I find that gives the best color. I love that they're buildable and can be used wet or dry. Any color can become an eyeliner. I definitely had creasing as the day wore on before I started using an eye primer (Urban Decay). Even with my fair skin, I find that virtually every color is wearable because of how much variation you can get with the color saturation. On their own, the shadows can be expensive although they last a long time. I tend to get mine in kits. You can score some amazing deals on these if you have a BE outlet near you. I love mixing different shades to create new looks. My only real complaint is because of how easily the powder works through the sifter if it's in a make-up bag or what happens if you knock a pot off the counter with the lid off. Ug, that's a mess to clean up!

on 4/15/2017 11:07:00 AM

Yes I would buy again if I ran out but can't see that happening because they last forever. These are my favorite eyeshadows. They are so versatile, easy to apply, and blend stay on and look great for the whole day. You can do so much with these little pots..wear wet for different look wear as eyeliner wet or dry. I feel like the price is great for these for the value.

on 12/18/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

These (particularly the ones in the larger jars in their main line) are the best quality loose eye shadows I've tried, bar none! I am a long time makeup junkie/addict, and the main brand of my desire overall is MAC. MAC could stand to learn a lesson or two from this brand when it comes to loose shadows. Yes, MAC's pigments are good. I just personally feel that the majority of Bare Escentuals' pigments (dependent on color, as is the case in any brand) are very smooth and finely milled and just apply like a dream and have major pigmentation. I get more compliments when wearing these than I ever have wearing MAC pigments. LOVE these babies!

on 3/4/2014 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Bare Minerals loose powder eyeshadow is the most pigmented and long-lasting eyeshadow I've ever tried. Very little of the product gives you a lot of color, so I have a feeling my one container that I have (I have gorgeous burgundy shade "Cable car") will last for a lifetime. The only problem I have with it is the packaging which I hate. I wish there was a better way to control how much of the powder comes out. You have to be sooo careful not to waste it!...

on 9/7/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

These eye shadows are some of my favorite. The pigmentation is great and they last all day. The only complaint I have is that since they are loose, they get everywhere. I have to be careful when I use them, but it's worth it.

I have used a few of these for over 12 years. The only one I ever gave away was the black bec it gets everywhere and is so pigmented it's all over my counter, bag ect. BUT THESE WILL LAST YOU LITERALLY TILL THE DAY U DIE;)I have pebble and sex kitten and although they do make a lil mess opening and closing them I adore these colors. Rather expensive but worth the cost bec they last yearsssssss!!!