Bare Escentuals lip gloss

No Image

3.4

on 3/7/2007 8:59:00 AM

I use BE's eye shadows and foundations, and like them both. But their glosses are just terrible. They look gorgeous when you look at them in their tubes, which sparked my mom and I to purchase a couple of them to try out. Not only do they not go on well, but they all look the same, and the coverage is rotten. If you want a good lip gloss, try Christian Dior glosses.

on 7/21/2006 9:03:00 PM

If you own one shade of lip gloss from Bare Escentuals, you own them all! THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE. I kept ordering them hoping to find one with color, after thirty + tubes, I gave up. The next time BE comes on QVC, notice the models as they demonstrate the different shades on their lips, You literally can't tell one from the other! Very "OLD SCHOOL." Try Prescriptives Moonbeam if you crave color with class!!

on 7/12/2003 10:14:00 PM

Doesn't stay on bleeds off the lips even with liner - it needs to be thicker. Won't buy again.

on 6/12/2002 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have the clear gloss, and unfortunately, I'd be better off with a MAC lipglass or Bobbi Brown gloss -- this gloss doesn't stay on well at all. What a shame! The only BE product I haven't liked so far! (Guess it had to happen sometime!)

I tried this lip gloss in gossip. Its pretty pigmented, and not really glossy on me. The texture was really thick and a little sticky too. Staying power was not very good, maybe about 15minutes and it totally disappeared on my lips. Would not get this again.

I found the Bare Escentuals lip glosses to be too sticky and thick. Their staying power is very minimal I expected a lot more from this product, especially with the 14 dollar price tag.

This smells and tastes terrible! I can't stand putting this on my lips- blech!

on 1/1/2006 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Eh. Not impressed. I prefer the MAC lipglasses, the staying power is MUCH better and the color payoff is great, too.

on 11/27/2005 9:59:00 AM

I got Sweet Pink in a sample tube and the first thing I noticed was the smell!!! ick! this stuff smells awful. Usually I dont care what gloss smells like, but this is horrific! The actual gloss itself is a plain color that does not do much for me. The only thing I like about it is that it applys great and makes my lips softer. I would not buy this product again because of the smell and it costs too much for a slint tint of color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought the color garden and I wasnt impressed with BE's lip gloss. It doesnt matter what anyone says lip glosses are slightly sticky. This color is very sheer and very natural looking. I was disappointed since i was hoping to see more color rather than looking too sheer. Not sure if i would buy it again since its too sheer and doesnt last that long on the lips and for the price its not worth it. Almay's lip glosses are cheaper and you can see the color with shine.