Bare Escentuals lip gloss

No Image

3.4

This smells and tastes terrible! I can't stand putting this on my lips- blech!

I loved BE's gloss several years ago, but since then they seem to have reformulated and went from a lovely soft gloss to a sticky icky gloss. I hate sticky gloss and was so upset to discover the change. Maybe this makes it last longer, I don't know, I have to sipe it off within minutes of putting it on cause the sticky glue feeling is just too much for me. If they brought back the formula they had a couple years ago, this would be my favorite gloss in the world.

on 10/22/2004 2:29:00 PM

I have the Wearable Pink and the Sheer Violet. I love the WP; it's my favorite color so far. I just ordered the Glee so I'll have to update when I get it. This is by far my favorite lipgloss ever. I've tried dozens of glosses and they all break me out around my mouth; they're also usually very sticky. BE doesn't break me out around my mouth, the color stays on good and it's not sticky. I will definitely buy more BE lipglosses. The Sheer Violet is not my favorite color but I can't complain; it was a free gift with something else I ordered.

on 8/6/2004 8:52:00 PM

Quite possibly the best lip gloss out there in my opinion. This formula doesn't go on too thick or gooey. It also lasts quite a bit longer than most.
Very smooth and soft texture.

on 9/24/2002 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I actually liked this gloss, but I would only repurchase if it came in a kit. I mixed in some True all over color into my clear tube and made a beautiful gloss. This is not long wearing, but it isn't sticky and my hair doesn't stick to it in a stiff wind. Don't get me wrong. I love the longer wearing UD, MAC or Origin glosses, but this is nice gloss too.

on 3/9/2002 6:06:00 PM

This stayed on for about 30 seconds. Don't even go to take a sip of water! Beautiful colors if they just could wear better.

on 9/5/2001 5:15:00 PM

Yuck. Gritty consistancy. Did not wear past a couple minutes. I sent it back.

I have used quite a few B.E. glosses. I love all of them. They smell wonderful and give your lips that fresh tingly feel.

on 8/10/2009 10:20:00 AM

I have tried a number of the Buxom lip glosses and new color Ruby is a very pretty color - it is closer to a lipstick than some of the
Buxom colors and it looks very good with Aubergine blush - there is some color, but not too much and it has a subtle shimmer to it - a very pretty color - even the people who worked at the Bare Escentuals store asked me which color I had on - I wear fairly light foundation and the blush and lip gloss colors looks good together.

on 12/22/2008 11:41:00 AM

I bought this BE Boxum lipgloss in Dolly based on the good reviews. I purchased this from Sephora for $18 dollars which I thought wasn't bad. The colour is a beautiful mauvy pink. It's beautiful and suits my skin tone really well (meduim NW20). The plumping is a bit much for me, it's a minty cooling sensation that makes my lips feel as if I have ice on them. I'm not crazy about it. I will continue to use the gloss for it's colour and I found that wearing it over lipstick really helped to calm the cooling down. The scent is really nice, smells like cake!