Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

4.1

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Trilicum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylparaben

The reason I like this product is if you haven't had a fresh pedicure or manicure, you can swipe it on your cuticles and it will make the dryness disappear. This product also works great to keep the nails moisturized

on 3/22/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh...
I wanted to try an oil for my dry cuticles, and this had good reviews. Picked up a bottle because it was cheap and easy to find. I LOVE the brush applicator. The oil itself is OK, not anything special. I like that it's not heavily scented. I usually apply this oil around bedtime, then a really emollient lotion, and then slip on some white cotton gloves and go to sleep. I wake up with softer cuticles but not as much as I'd expect.
I'm going to use this up and re-use the bottle to make my own blend of oils.

on 11/23/2013 10:27:00 AM

Saved my nails! My cuticles used to be so dry; they would peel, and get red/bloody and irritated on a regular basis. My nails were never terrible, but they would peel and crack and feel dry. Moisturizing my hands on a regular basis, using cuticle cream, or "hydrating" nail polishes never seemed to do the trick. This oil was finally what did it for me! I've only been using it for about a month, everyday, and my nails look and feel so much better! Best of all, my cuticles and nail beds are no longer irritated, but are smooth and look awesomely healthy. Great product. Easy to use. Definitely recommend.

on 7/12/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Complete crap. It not only doesn't make my cuticles feel any softer, it actually makes them feel harder, and they begin to split, resulting in painful hang-nails. I was so stoked to find this, thinking my dry nasty cuticles would be gone. Nope. It's a useless product, the only good thing about it is the packaging, and the fact that I only wasted $8 on it. I'm buying the Dior Creme Abricot, and tossing this junk in the trash where it belong.

on 12/17/2012 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have nothing bad to say about this product. Might be a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I've used it dozens of times, yet it looks as though I've used none of it.

on 4/10/2011 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another product I bought completely on a whim, and didn't realize everyone loved so much!

If you have extremely dry hands/cuticles, this may not be the oil for you, as it is quite light. You may need a waxy balm instead. My skin is oily, and my hands/nails only tend to get slightly dry.

Frankly, I am too cheap for manicures, and I hate the artificial look of nail polish anyway. Unless it is a special occasion, I'm not bothering with that stuff. I also dislike how dry and nasty the polish and remover leaves my cuticles and nails.

I may be somewhat vain, but I've always had nice hands and strong nails that easily grow long. Now that I'm getting older, the youthful, slightly-waxy softness of my cuticles is going away and getting more dry and flaky.

This oil does the trick. It leaves my nails with a nice, buffed-but-natural sheen, and my cuticles almost totally invisible. It feels good, and not damaging to my skin and nails like polish does. It is a fluid oil, not too thick, and it has no scent. If you leave it on for a few minutes, it eventually dries and leaves your nails just looking lovely and moisturized. (You won't want to be doing a lot of paperwork right after applying. Let it dry like you would a nail polish. However, I am successfully typing with it on!)

And the effects last longer than just one day. If you put this on at night, the next day your nails look just as lovely, even after showering and hand-washing throughout the day.

I'm a bit surprised by the great reviews on this but it just goes to show you how some products can work for many people but there will always be exceptions.

Generally I have weak, thin nails that aren't able to grow long so was hoping for something that may help in some of these areas. I wasn't expecting a miracle but since this is sold as a nail and cuticle oil I was expecting something that would help in this area. I am very disappointed because it didn't do anything for my nails or cuticles. Actually it makes my fingers more dry after using it and I feel like I immediately need moisturizer. I also don't see how this works any better than using another oil product.

I also use Burt's Bees lemon cuticle cream and so far I would say this is the best cuticle cream I have found for my weak nails

Love this! My cuticles always get pretty dry and ugly looking when my gel nails begin to grow out and I just apply a tiny bit and massage it in. It immediately looks healthy and moisturised again. Price was 17 AUD so not on the cheap side but this will probably last me a long time since you only need a little each application.

on 9/30/2010 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i usually like sally hansen product but this one is kind of disappintng to me. i feel this is not enough for moisturizing my cuticle that much.
i prefer burts bees cuticle balm to this.
this makes my nail and cuticle even more dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing!
I just purchased it today and I put it on and it is almost an instant healer! I cant wait to see how it will be over time! Def my HG cuticle oil! :-)

Popular Treatments