Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Trilicum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I bought this last fall because my cuticles get dry and rough very easily, especially in fall and winter, from dish washing and the sort. I'm currently on my second bottle.

I like that this is scentless, so it doesn't hurt my nose with a scent that I really hate or that is potent. It also absorbs relatively quickly. A little does go a long way. I just swipe just under my nails and then rub my nails together like I just applied lotion, paying particular attention to my cuticles. I'm not a big fan of the applicator, but it's a minor nitpick and personal preference. I just feel like a cuticle pen is more portable and easier to use once it gets near empty versus a nail polish brush and bottle. It's more of a "keep by your computer or bathroom counter" sort of product.

I do feel that I need to reapply quite often. My cuticles are often feeling parched again only a few minutes later. Maybe this is normal for cuticle oil, I don't know. I'm aware you're supposed to reapply often. But a few minutes later? They don't feel moisturized per se, just baseline hydrated to me. Still, it's useful especially this time of year, so I'll keep using it for the time being.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Initially, this product was great. It moisturized my cuticles well so that my skin wasn't "raggedy." However, after continued use, it made my cuticles hard and dry. I decided to switch to plain olive oil instead of this treatment. I simply emptied the bottle and refilled it with olive oil. That did the trick. This SH oil actually has alcohol in it. I believe the alcohol was the source of the problem. I'm sure it will work for those that have normal skin. My skin is terribly dry, unfortunately.

on 9/22/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've tried cuticle creams before but never oil--I thought it would be too messy. But then on impulse I bought this little bottle of vitamin E oil after my recent Shellac manicure and I'm in love. I put the tiniest drop on each nail at bedtime and gently massage it into my cuticle and wipe off the excess with a tissue. My nails and cuticles feel soft and moisturized the next day. I've even started rubbing some on my toenails because they get terribly dry too. I've been using for about a month now and the bottle still looks full. I imagine that I can have this for years! ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wow this stuff is nothing short of amazing. Been using for only 5 days and I see a BIG improvement in my cuticles. My cuticles are usually very dry, cracking and peeling and Crunchy! I've tried everything under the sun on them and will see slight improvement but then they revert back to their crunchy state. With this oil I saw a huge improvement in just 2 days and the effect seems to last. And this stuff is cheap. I've been paying 20 bucks for cuticle creams and oils and have never seen such a response in my nails and cuticles before. I certainly hope the effect will continue--I would love to have healthy nails again. A must try for about 5 bucks and easily found at most stores. A hearty recommend!

Popular Treatments