Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

Sally Hansen Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil

4.3

Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isocetyl Alcohol, Cyclomethicone, Trilicum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis, Leaf Extract, Propylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I bought this last fall because my cuticles get dry and rough very easily, especially in fall and winter, from dish washing and the sort. I'm currently on my second bottle.

I like that this is scentless, so it doesn't hurt my nose with a scent that I really hate or that is potent. It also absorbs relatively quickly. A little does go a long way. I just swipe just under my nails and then rub my nails together like I just applied lotion, paying particular attention to my cuticles. I'm not a big fan of the applicator, but it's a minor nitpick and personal preference. I just feel like a cuticle pen is more portable and easier to use once it gets near empty versus a nail polish brush and bottle. It's more of a "keep by your computer or bathroom counter" sort of product.

I do feel that I need to reapply quite often. My cuticles are often feeling parched again only a few minutes later. Maybe this is normal for cuticle oil, I don't know. I'm aware you're supposed to reapply often. But a few minutes later? They don't feel moisturized per se, just baseline hydrated to me. Still, it's useful especially this time of year, so I'll keep using it for the time being.

This is my favorite cuticle oil. Definite Repurchase

The reason I like this product is if you haven't had a fresh pedicure or manicure, you can swipe it on your cuticles and it will make the dryness disappear. This product also works great to keep the nails moisturized

on 1/19/2016 10:37:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product but after 3 days, I've had to stop using it.

I use cuticle oil 2-4 times a time - my choice has been CND Solar Oil (and/or DIY almond, jojoba, rice bran and vitamin E oils) for years but based on the reviews I thought I'd give Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Moisturizing Nail & Cuticle Oil a try.

First couple of days I was pretty impressed. It dried reasonably quickly on my nails which I loved but come day 3, I noticed that my cuticles were dry, hard and rough.

I'll give it away to a friend - maybe it'll suit them.

on 3/22/2015 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Meh...
I wanted to try an oil for my dry cuticles, and this had good reviews. Picked up a bottle because it was cheap and easy to find. I LOVE the brush applicator. The oil itself is OK, not anything special. I like that it's not heavily scented. I usually apply this oil around bedtime, then a really emollient lotion, and then slip on some white cotton gloves and go to sleep. I wake up with softer cuticles but not as much as I'd expect.
I'm going to use this up and re-use the bottle to make my own blend of oils.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this great stuff. I have used this product for years and years on my dry and thick cuticles. I do my own nails 99% of the time to save money and because I don't trust nail salons. A friend of mine ended up with a really nasty infection from a nail and I don't want to do there!

I keep a bottle of this in my desk at work and apply it at least once a day. Keeping my cuticles moisturized helps me enormously when I'm doing my own mani's & pedi's. I get results that look just as professional as the nail salons achieve.

on 4/7/2014 8:10:00 PM

Works very well. I like the brush applicator. Product lasts for very long time.

on 1/6/2014 4:00:00 PM

If I hadn't already discovered my CND Solar Oil, this stuff would be HG. It sinks into the skin nice and fast. I like the brush it comes with and the slender bottle it comes in. When I smell it, I don't really smell anything. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. This is some great stuff! (:

on 11/23/2013 10:27:00 AM

Saved my nails! My cuticles used to be so dry; they would peel, and get red/bloody and irritated on a regular basis. My nails were never terrible, but they would peel and crack and feel dry. Moisturizing my hands on a regular basis, using cuticle cream, or "hydrating" nail polishes never seemed to do the trick. This oil was finally what did it for me! I've only been using it for about a month, everyday, and my nails look and feel so much better! Best of all, my cuticles and nail beds are no longer irritated, but are smooth and look awesomely healthy. Great product. Easy to use. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I used this for yrs. I loved the brush applicator & that it was ETF. The product can serve as a cheaper dupe of other cuticle oils. After using, my nails split less & became stronger. My cuticles became softer & more hydrated.

However, even though this is cheap I switched b/c I kept reading on MUA about the benefits of using straight oils (e.g. jojoba) instead. I mixed a few oils together as a DIY cuticle oil. After using the DIY blend my nails & cuticles look & feel the same as they did with the SH oil. Overtime the DIY route is cheaper than repurchasing the SH oil

Popular Treatments