St.Tropez Tinted Self Tanning Mousse/Whipped Bronze

St.Tropez Tinted Self Tanning Mousse/Whipped Bronze
Tinted Self Tanning Mousse/Whipped Bronze

4.1

water, dihydroxyacetone, ethoxydiglycol, pentylene glycol, glycerin, decyl glucoside, ppg-5-ceteth-2, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, cetyl hydroxethylcellulose, potassium sorbate, phenozyethanol, sodium bisulfate, citric acid, fragrance, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, eugenol, alpha-isomethyl lonone, geranlol, hexyl cinnamat, hydroxycitronellal, isoeugenol, butylphenyl methylproplional, isoeugenol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene, carboxaldehyde, caramel, yellow 6, red 40, blue 1

on 8/22/2017 3:49:00 AM

Great colour with first application. Blends well with a tanning mitt. Has a guide colour (I.e. comes out brown) to help you spot errors. Builds well. Expensive though so I'll look out for something cheaper but otherwise repurchase. And it smells as it develops. This is what puts me off using these regularly. It's a sweaty smell that I hate to sleep in and my husband complains.

I love this product.
A very natural looking light bronze tan,easy to use,non messy,dries quickly.
I would say it takes about 4 hours to develop and not three,on me anyway.
If you want a really deep tan though,this product won't suit you.
I prefer not to use gloves to apply this as I find I can't get it smooth with them.
Doesn't leave those awful dark patches on dryer skin areas either.

on 2/14/2016 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product. I used it for years. My only complaint was it was too light - I found it a lot of work applying for a colour that was quite light on me, despite multiple applications. It meant I kept going to other brands to find something darker, but always came back to this as it was just plain better. Then they brought out the dark and I was super pleased. I switched to that one and have reviewed that too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Too expensive - but a wonderful product.

on 8/16/2015 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is a pretty good self tanner-when used with the mitt.
It is streak free for sure, which I appreciated. BUT, I am a red head, so I am soo white. I couldnt get my desired colour with this tanner. Everytime, I would get a good bronze I would shower and it would all come off :(.
I tried going two days not showering and applying it twice, but it would pretty much all come off!! I liked how dark it was when I applied it before the shower. I think this would be good if you had a base tan & you wanted to boost the color, but starting off with a slate as pretty much white, it was hard to get a good bronze going.
Furthermore, this must be packkked with fragrance, that sent that covers up the tanny smell, ie coconut or whatever sent that is. Anyways, because of this HEAVY DOSE of fragrence added, this formula dries out my skin. I get almost eczema like reaction, really dry flakey skin, which is sad....

on 7/1/2015 4:32:00 PM

Have just used this for the second time, and yet again amazing streak free results (even more amazing considering last time was the first time I'd ever tanned!). I use with the mitt, and gloves underneath just in case. Mix with moisturiser for my hands and feet and the colour is perfect for me (very pale, never tan!).

Doesn't smell wonderful, but it isn't unbearable either.

Let me just say that I am the palest person in a sea of my Italian/Spanish family. I look whiter than Casper the friendly ghost and this product has become a necessity for me! After taking a trip to the Virgin Islands and coming back redder than rubies I swore to never step foot in the sun again. But once the summer months come it's always uncomfortable to look like the abominable snowman when everyone else is tan. So after researching everyday for three months I decided to hitch a ride to ultra and purchase this product. The first time applying this I fell in love with the sweet smell and color guard. Never ONCE have I ever been streaky after applying (using their mitt of course). It always applied beautifully and lasted up to 5 days before it started rubbing off and becoming patchy. But I believe if I exfoliated and moisturized as recommended this product would fade much nicer. Overall this is my holy grail tanner and it gives a gorgeous honey brown finish after two applications. From going to a 110 in maybellines fit me foundation to a level 230-330 it gives a lot of color.

Would definitely recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I have never had luck with fake tans, but I figured a product this expensive must work well. And it does! A couple of tips/warnings:
- It really only lasts 3 days. Maybe 5 if you moisturize and don't shower/shave too much. This is a special occasion kind of product.
- It's worth watching the St. Tropez tutorial on Youtube. I follow it to a T and have gotten great results.
- The model in the video makes it look easy to reach every part of your back. It's not. Have a friend help, or get creative by putting the St. Tropez glove on a hairbrush or back-scratcher.
- I won't bother buying the St. Tropez body polish or moisturizer again. They work okay, and smell nice, but you should use the products that work best for you. Personally, I like Frank's Body Scrub and Curel Body Lotion.
- That said, the St. Tropez-brand glove works well! Worth it.
- If you have dry skin like me, it's IMPERATIVE that you exfoliate the night before, and moisturize the day you apply St. Tropez (several hours before application).
- The instructions say you can shower 8 hours after application, but I try to leave it on longer than that. My schedule: apply at about 7 p.m. in the evening, shower the next morning around 7 a.m.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

wowww. this is nice

I love the the result of the same day application but after I took a shower, it lost the golden glow it had before I showered. I found the application mitt to be troublesome as it kept slipping off my hand until i had to tie an elastic band around my wrist to hold the mitt steady. Like I said, I loved the look but I found it to be tedious to apply and for over $50 including buying the mitt at an extra charge, It didn't do much more than a cheaper drugstore brand. I prefer spray mist self tanners.