MAC Matte - Corduroy

4.3

A very cool, dark brown that needs a light hand and careful placement. Very soft and no fallout, pigmentation is good. However I just don't find myself reaching for it that much, and for the price I hoped it would work for me a bit more. Quality is good, but the color just doesn't suit me so I won't be repurchasing.

I really like this. It makes my green eyes look lovely, and is so versatile you can use it with so much. Easily applied and very nicely pigmented. Liked it so much, it got moved to my MAC eyeshadow favourites palette. In my top 4 of MAC eyeshadows.
My only negative would be that there are many other eyeshadows from other companies that are so similar, reminds me a little of Buck from the Naked palette.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this color to slightly deepen just the very outer corners or to smoke out brown liner. When smoking, I use a very small, thin smudge brush. It's a very dark, cooler brown and needs a lighter hand/precise placement.

Pros:
* great setting/smoking color for MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
* cooler tone is ideal for neutral eyes
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit dry; can be harder to blend than other MAC shadows

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've owned this shadow for 20 years and come back to it again and again and again. It was recommended to me by a MAC SA as an everyday brown that would bring out the green in my hazel eyes, and I haven't found another shadow that accomplishes this task so well. The great thing about the color is that it's got a red undertone rather than the yellow/orange one that many "warm" browns have (and which looks dreadful on me). The red makes it a sort of neutral, so I could see it working on many skin tones. Color payoff is standard for MAC shadows - blends well, but needs a primer to go the distance and a gel to make it work as eyeliner (I use it this way frequently). Overall, one of my shadow staples.

Corduroy is such a pretty brown that blends really nice and has a neat ruddy reddish undertone that I find to be very flattering. A great brown for people that love to work with warm tones.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Hate the colour! I have fair-to-medium complexion with slight pink undertones. This shade looks muddy on my eyes, even with the MAC neutral eye primer that I use which keeps all other colours true.
I went in to buy a brown that was lighter than Brown Down for a no-makeup day look. Mac rep told me this was the most popular brown and would suit my needs. I had eye makeup on so I didn't try it on my lids but it looked ok on my hand. It's way too dark for a natural look - even darker that Brown Down and, on me, a grayish purple colour. Haven't been back in to find a better shade yet.
Seems that MAC doesn't have as many natural shades as they used to - particularly browns. May have to look at a different line.

I bought this when I was in need of a new medium-brown, staple eyeshadow. I was originally planning to get either Cork or BrownDown, but both were out of stock - the makeup artist at Mac suggested I try cordoroy as it would match my reddish brown hair, blue eyes and give my complexion some warmth. She was right! This is the perfect medium-dark brown shadow for me, very warm and flattering on my pale skin, soft enough for every day but perfect for a smokey eye at night. Very blendable and buildable, never fades, looks fantastic in the inner-crease and as an eyeliner.

This is also the PERFECT shade for filling in my eyebrows, bar none. This realisation was somewhat bitter-sweet considering the money I've wasted on a multitude of eyebrow pencils and powders that I'll never use again, but still, I feel blessed to have finally found my HG brow product.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this shade I been using this for a longtime. I use this for my eyebrows and this is a great for the crease too.

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Corduroy is a dusty reddy brown IN THE PAN but on my skin it reads really cool, muddy & ashy with a strong grey cast NOT FLATTERING. The texture is that of a matte squared but on my deep dark chocolate skin it takes alot of product for it to show up on the outer "v". It's also way to dark & muddy to be used as a crease color. Overall, corduroy is a good brown to have for medium deep, tanned & olive skin. I honestly prefer embark, handwritten or even sketch for nice definer shadow on my deep dark skin so I wouldn't repurchase. Mac matchmaster 8.5 btw

I do like the color of this eye shadow and when I bought it a couple months back, I hoped that I could use it to make day time looks. But I've barely used it since, because I find it hard to apply and blend. I can fade the color, but blending it in any direction seems impossible. I don't know if it's because I'm doing something wrong, but I definitely regret buying this.