no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 years ago

This is a pretty nice eyeshadow--not one of my favorites from MAC, but it's nice. It goes on SUPER-Smooth and it blends very well. I bought it with Print to wear. I haven't tried out any more combos yet with my existing MAC shadows, but I am sure I can use it more when I find good combos. The good thing about this is that you can wear it alone all over the lid if you want to--it's not super light or dark so it's just enough to wear alone, in the crease, or as a base.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I could not buy this product again since it has been discontinued, but I would if I could. It is the most beautiful, soft dove-grey lavender shade I have ever seen. It is not dark, and it is not pale either. It is a medium shade that goes on soft. Velvety finish and a subtle glow comes from applying it in the crease and outer eye area. I use it with Shroom under the brow and a soft charcoal eyeliner on my lids. I am blue eyed and it is not an over the top in purple of pinky lavender at all. Many of the lilac shades make me look like I have been drinking or have an eye infection. It is cool enough to be just perfect for me. I have had this for years, but finally started wearing it again.

About reviewer (102 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

13 years ago

Dovefeather isn't a color that I wear by itself, but I do like using it as a base for more silvery, shiny colors and seems to do beautifully! Other times I use it as a crease color, and it seems to do the trick without too much color.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

14 years ago

I love this matte dark gray/lavendar e/s. I typically don't like matte e/s very much, but this is one exception. I paired this w/seedy pearl for a nice neutral look w/a hint of purple, pink, & gray overtones. That combo really make my hazel eyes pop. (I am a PPP MAC NW20 w/dark hair.) The pigmentation was good but the texture was a little dry and as such slightly less blendable than many other e/s I have used. I deducted one lippie for that. The price and packaging is typical MAC so no surprises there. I would definitely repurchase this color. Next I am going to try it w/my much loved Moth Brow.

About reviewer (817 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

14 years ago

one of my favorite eyeshadows. it's an exact replica of the darker shade in the #125 'so dior' duo that is now discontinued. i like to wear dovefeather all of ther my lids with carbon in the crease and outer third - then blend blend blend!!! makes my eyes really pop! i read in a past comment that it looks good w/ nocturnelle.. i can't wait to try that!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBlack

EyesBlack

14 years ago

Great crease color, pairs nicely with MAC Crystal eyeshadow and Seedy Pearl as a highlighter. Used new MAC Fluidline, Lithograph, to line top lash line, and Grey Utility and Industry Powerpoints to line bottom lashes. Beautiful eye look!! <p><i>For reference, MAC NW20, med-dk brown hair, hazel eyes.</i>

About reviewer (1350 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

14 years ago

I have been looking for a grey/violet color for a long time. Dovefeather is exactly what i want. The texture and color is so great. I love combining this with Sweet Lust. Definitely repurchase

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlack

EyesBrown

14 years ago

MAC makeup artist used this on me in the crease over a Petalescent wash and it looked wonderul. Really made my green eyes pop! This definitely an underrated shadow.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

14 years ago

This soft lavender is the most wearable "purple" shadow I've tried with my light hazel eyes and pale skin (NC15). Love it. If you are a PPP who looks good in cool tones and you're looking for a subtle matte shadow, definitely give it a try. Like all Mac shadows it works best with a base or primer--or Mac Paint-- underneath (I use Guerlain). Can be layered for more color. Not the best to wear when I'm really tired or under harsh fluorescent lights as it can bring out the blue in my skin, but otherwise great.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

14 years ago

Veluxes are love if you like matte eyeshadows, like the softest thing ever, and blend nicely, they are great for kind of wrinkly eyelinds. And this color is so classy and elegant. It may be not a color for everyone, but if you like subtle and flattering make-up, you may like this. The color is really kind of vintage as they say in the description (Vintage grape velvet) a muted grayish lavender. It pairs very well with Vanilla pigment, for a soft touch of shimmer and highlight.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral