Awake Direct Nutrition

Awake Direct Nutrition

4.2

I received a generous sample of this product when I purchased the Paradise Call Serum ( loooove it). Initially I thought I had to give it to my mother because although it looks flffly light, when applied it is really rich and super0hydrating, and my skin is dry but not that dry.
That is until I used it as an eye cream to top off my other eye cream. It is wonderdful!
Since it leaves plenty of "wetness" I am able to massage my eye area without tuggint or pulling and I like to be able to do this, which with other creams would be much harder.
In my opinoin this is great for the super dry skin types, but for dry skins like mine, is an excellente cream-massage. I have seen my fine lines decrease depth! I just wish this was not so expensive.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was lucky to score a 3-day sample of this. While it did offer some moisture benefits, I found this too heavy for my skin (Oily, sensitive). It didn't make my skin flush and did make my foundation go on smoother, but can't have anything breaking me out. Maybe better as an occasional facial treat.

on 2/26/2007 5:58:00 PM

I have been using this for over a month. I like it very much. It is fantastic for people with sensitive/combination/acne-prone skin who have problems with sudden dryness during the winter. It will be too heavy to wear in the spring/summer, but for the winter it is excellent. It does not cause me to break out, which is impressive. There is no scent, it is gentle, and the texture is creamy but light. It absorbs quickly and well -- just use a light hand when applying. The bottle is tiny and not the best design (small mouth to the jar, wide at base) but it is a very nice product. It's not revolutionary but it is a clean, classic, non-irritating winter moisturizer.

I passed this to my DH (like all my skincare rejects), and he really did not like at all. Under sunscreen, it caused multiple sunscreens to ball up. As a night cream, it made the retinoid-treated areas of my DH's face sting.

on 12/22/2006 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got prickly, tingly sensations all over my face with this, and it seemed oily when I applied too much but not hydrating when I applied too little. After all the pricklies, I discontinued use.

on 10/12/2005 2:27:00 PM

Not sure how people are not getting enough hydration from this stuff. It is almost over hydrating me. My Aesthetician told me my skin was so dry, so i got a moisturizer w/ high ratings. Man, from the moment i put it on my skin is, yes, very silky, but then when i wake up i seemed to have provided too much lipids. I'm waiting for the winter to attack me b/f i use this more regularly, as of now i can only wear it 4 nights a week. but it is the most wonderful texture, really fluffy and easy to spread over skin. I like the ingredients as well.

Try this. Do a light scrub, then put this on. Your skin will feel unbelievable, like walking out of a facial.

on 8/22/2005 5:47:00 PM

O.k. product, but not for my skin. I have sensitive combo skin, which gets dry patches from flying and during colder months. Anyway, I tried this during flights and during the winter. It does provide some hydration, but something in it caused me to break out. I prefer quite a few other super hydrators over this one (MD Forte moisture replenish, LP hydrator, DHC etc)

on 7/14/2005 6:09:00 PM

I've tried just about every night moisturizer out there. After using this for 6 months last year, then getting finicky and switching to something cheaper, I've now come full circle only to fall in love with this yet again. This is an incredible nighttime moisturizer that is oil free, but gives you all the lipid-rich hydrating benefits of non-oil-free products. I wake up to soft, dewy, well-balanced skin every morning. It's probably too heavy for super oily types, but if you're a normal/combo/sensitive type, this could be your HG. The only knock against this is the price. At $68 an ounce, this is certainly not a cost-effective skincare solution, but I do think it's worth it. For one thing, it's one of the few products I've used where you can actually SEE a difference within a few days. A little bit does go a long way...I think each jar lasts me about 3 months. I make it a point to stock up whenever AWAKE has gift sets with purchase! I do like the packaging, as the tiny jar is easy to travel with and the tinted glass keeps its contents fresh.

on 1/4/2005 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Sorry I must be the only one who does not like this product but it just is not mosturizing enough for my dry skin. When I visited NM to see if they had any suggestions since one of there facialist was there, she suggested buying another serum at approx $125 no thanks!! Im sure this is a nice product for normal to moderateley dry skin but if your really dry probaly not worth $$$

on 8/29/2004 2:47:00 PM

This is an excellent moisturizer, without any unncessary ingredients. It has never broken me out(i have combination/sensitive/acne-prone skin)and a little dab is enough to moisturize my whole face.