Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue

3.8

on 12/18/2016 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Major love.. A fresh, modern scent which suit all ages.. Suitable for office wear coz the smell is not overpowering, but still very lovely if you sniff it on you..this was the first perfume i bought in my early twenties back in early 2000, and i've been purchasing many other perfumes since then..now at the age of 38, i keep on repurchasing this one for many2 times... Enough said!

on 11/9/2016 8:54:00 PM

This is a classic of American perfumerie in Europe, much more popular than Red Door or Green Tea. I haven‘ t smelled the original, I believe it was launched in 1996, but my bottle from 2015 is just fabulous! It is very floral, spring reminiscent, like an April walk in the meadous! To my nose, 5th Avenue is the glamorous, independent New Yorker granddaughter of a magnificent French lady called Diorissimo.

I'm on my fourth or so bottle of this. A pretty, classy, feminine, yet not overly floral scent, this has elicited so many exclamations over the years of "oh, you smell wonderful!". I've worn this with a suit countless times, to have the perfect signature scent that goes along with feeling sleek and polished. It also works with more casual dressing, yet I have reached for it over and over within my professional life to project a fresh and classy aura--a faithful ally for which I am grateful. Definitely the best scent of the Elizabeth Ardens.

This is an absolutely lovely fragrance - clean without being soapy, feminine, fresh and elegant. I believe women of any age can wear this fragrance as long as they have a certain elegance or poise. I have neither elegance nor poise and when I wear this fragrance I feel a bit like a kid playing dress up raiding her mothers perfume, lipstick and oversized high heels. It's a shame, because I absolutely love the way this fragrance smells, but it feels completely wrong on my skin.

A friend of mine wears it as her everyday fragrance. It suits her perfectly. She's the sort of person who looks put together even when wearing jeans and a tshirt, and she can clear an overgrown garden without chipping her nail polish. This is what I mean by you need a certain poise to pull off this perfume.

Perfect for women who are both girly and sophisticated. Lovely in all but the coldest weather. Office appropriate with moderate sillage and lasting power of 4-6 hours. Keep a miniature or decant in your desk drawer at work to freshen up after lunch.

I wish I could pull this off - but I can't.

on 5/6/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Soft, warm, and snuggly -- ageless and timeless. A fragrance like this never goes out of style. When I sniff it, I think, "Ahh, yes, this is why I prefer the classics." Comforting -- high-quality -- lasts well -- the bottle is simple and pretty. I simply can't find fault with it.

An EDP, launched in 1996, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Lilac, Linden blossom, Magnolia, Lily-of-the-valley, Mandarin
Heart Notes - Bulgarian rose, Violet, Ylang-ylang, Jasmine, Indian tuberose, Peach, Clove, Nutmeg
Base Notes - Amber, Iris, Tibetan musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

This can be worn by any age, at any time, and it's still modern. It's soft, warm, and has a cuddly quality, to me -- its warmth melds well with natural skin's scent.

It's sad to not see this (and so many others from 80's-90's) on display at dept store perfume counters any more -- but it's still easily available online at great discounts.

I hope 5th Avenue never gets discontinued -- IMHO it deserves to live on. I personally have the giant-sized bottle, just in case. I always want 5th Avenue in my collection.

ADDENDUM 8/7/16: I'm wearing it today, and it's awesome -- ticks all my boxes -- everything I want in a fragrance. Soft & snuggly, warm, delicious, moderate throw, inexpensive, easy-to-store bottle shape. Definitely signature-worthy. I absolutely love it, and my big 4.2oz EDP bottle was such a huge bargain online. All-occasion, all-weather, all-season. If I had to choose only one out of my ~300 bottles to make my signature, this would be a definite contender. I may just stock up on a lifetime supply.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't say enough wonderful things about this perfume. You'll find reviews that claim that 5th Avenue is generic, forgettable or even an "old lady scent", but nothing could be further from the truth. This perfume is actually a highly underrated gem. I was fortunate to be introduced to it by my mother - a serious collector - and despite the fact that I've owned and worn literally hundreds of perfumes, 5th Avenue remains without a doubt my signature fragrance

Fresh, floral, sophisticated but youthful (I completely disagree with the reviews stating that this isn't a scent for young women), classy and deceptively sexy - 5th avenue positively radiates femininity and style, without being too sweet or girly, nor too overwhelming and powdery. In fact, it strikes just the right balance and in my experience, it literally stops people dead in their tracks.

Its opening floral notes are never cloying thanks to its enduring freshness, with a lush and creamy dry down, and a soft sillage that's perfect for close quarters. Chic and alluring, 5th Avenue invites others to lean in to inhale its gorgeous scent. For me, wearing this perfume never fails to elicit compliments from men and women alike who are struck by its drop dead sexiness and uplifting fragrance.

Despite the fact that it was launched in 1996 and is widely available at a reasonable price, 5th Avenue remains a little-known jewel. Trust me when I say that this perfume will ensure that you always stand out in a crowd and never have to worry about smelling like the rest of the pack.

Finally, I've always appreciated the clean and classic design of the bottle, which was inspired by Manhattan skyscrapers (as is the name). I find its look is in keeping with the timeless appeal of its scent. Rest assured that this one's never going out of style.

A note about the packaging: please be aware that the bottle's cap sometimes falls off. This is not enough to deter me, however and I'd still give this fragrance 5 lippies. Highly, highly recommended.

on 1/12/2015 5:20:00 AM

I LOVE this scent, it reminds me of a very special time in my life, when I was young and so full of energy. I think smelling this would transport me back in time, like a time machine. Because of the sentimental value of this, I gave it 5 points. The price was sooo low because I had actually stolen it from my mother, so it was free. The bottle was huge, I think a 4.2oz-although didn't last very long being how frequently I used it. Unfortunately, I would not repurchase this because I am out of work. With no money. :)

This is pretty, and it is pleasant, but it is nothing special. I like it, I don't love it. It didn't last very long on me (3 hours, tops) and I had to respritz mid-day. Luckily, I only have a purse sized spray and it was inexpensive, so no big waste.

What I *do* get from this one is a nice, sweet, safe floral: The notes I can make out are a blend of lilac, magnolia, bergamot, LOTS OF PEACH and some amber in the drydown. That is it. Not much else, and it's fairly linear aside from an initial hairspray-like burst in the opening. Not a keeper for me, but if you're looking for a great work scent, this will do the trick. Very inoffensive.
(crosspost)

This is a classic fragrance though it was made in the 90's ..Imagine a professional -but kind lady in an elegant suit about town , who still likes a feminine touch in her appearance ..This could be perfect 70's scent with aldehyde and white floral notes , though it doesn't have aldhydes in its pyramid ..Very easy to wear , specially to semi-formal occasions ( I wore it once to one of them ) I LOVED its dupe from Avon (Starring ) but sadly it was discontinued so fast in my country , so I have to buy this now which isn't either cheap or easy to get as the Avon one here .

on 8/31/2014 9:57:00 AM

This will be a permanent staple in my wardrobe. As many others have noted, it is clean, feminine, classy and perfect for everyday wear to the office, lending a subtle confidence. Suitable for the 20-90 age group, very few scents are as versatile as this. The price is also right. Fairly long lasting, never overpowering. Just perfect.

Popular Fragrances