NYX Slim Lip Pencil (All)

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love these pencils. I have nutmeg and espresso. I like to use espresso to line and shade my lips before filling in with nutmeg, perfect combo. The price is great, less than $4 per pencil. It applies very velvety and doesn't feel dry or sticky. The transfer isn't too bad, if you kiss the back of your hand it doesn't transfer. It wears long enough, although it can't make it through eating or drinking entirely. Overall I'd love to have more of these pencils.

These lip pencils are fabulous, they go on smooth and don't drag they just don't have enough rose colors for me. Right now I like this better than my Urban Decay @ $22.00, got this for $3.50. Can't beat the quality and for such a low price.

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Color-Flower
I needed a lip liner for a lip gloss I bought from this same brand and I decided to go with this one. It is a pink frost color that does not look good on me at all, I am olive tone skin that tans easily. It is a powdery pale pink color, that it is just unflattering and feels very uncomfortable. I have a few lip liners both high end and low end with great pigmentation, staying power that look so pretty and feel so buttery, I thought I would add this to my list of loves. I am disappointed on this product as NYX has so many products that are on point always.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i have about 7 of these & find they suit my needs very well. there are a lot of good color options & the formula is a pretty typical pencil texture. i prefer real pencils to twist-ups bc they're a little firmer & seem to last longer for me. i use them only for lining the outside edge, not filling in & don't get a lot of dragging w/ them. lip pencils are something i don't get too excited about so i haven't tried many high end ones bc these are cheap & accessible & get the job done.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have the color Mauve in this and I love that the color selection is so vast. It isn't the creamiest lip liner I have ever used, but it is smooth enough that it doesn't tug on my lips. Color payoff is pretty decent too.

I would definitely recommend picking up this lip liner, especially when Ulta has one of its BOGO50% sales!

I am a lip liner junkie. I own so many from several brands. For the price this and BH cosmetics are my favorite liners. There are so many colors to choose from, they're long wearing, pigmented and creamy. These liners are great to not only line but fill in my lips as well. I usually purchase them for $3-$4 USD. They are worth double that plus some. Try these, you won't regret it. I own 6 of them in different colors and I want them all! Mauve and Nude Beige are my absolute favorites. I prefer retractable pencils but I don't mind sharpening for these for the quality and price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

First one I got was Fuchsia, and it was a nice dark pink. Once the cap came off, it looked kinda cheap but the product was good quality. It's self-sharpen lip liner, but I don't mind it.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love Nyx products, but these lip liners were unfortunately not that good. I do not understand how some reviewers can say that these are compatible to Mac lip liners, because there is a huuuuge difference. I own many Mac lip liners and no matter what color I have them in they are all smooth and easy to apply and they do not feel dry or like they are dragging on your lips. The lip liners from Nyx feel dry and they definitely drag on your lips, I bought them in colors : "Tangerine", "Nude pink", and "Dolly pink", and they are all the same... Tangerine even looks a bit pearly, in a not so nice way, it might just be on my lips but I definitely did not have a shiny pearly lip liner in mind when I purchased it. And for the ones wondering if I might have naturally dry lips, I don't... so basically these are just dry even if your lips aren't :( I can't imagine filling my entire lips with them, thats how dry they are... I hope they do something with the formula, the colors look nice ( except for Tangerine) but unless they improve the formula I won't be buying anymore lip liners from them :(

UPDATE: I just have to add that I tried Tangerine with a sheer lipstick in a similar color as Tangerine, and it looked very pretty, so I take back the hate on the color :p BUT they are still dry and dragging on my lips unfortunately :(

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE NYX slim lip pencils! I have two in natural and mauve. I apply it by outlining the lips and coloring in. The color payoff is good and buildable. The color is very longlasting, I ate a plate of rice and chicken and the color remained on my lips (though not the same since the food was fairly greasy but I was pleasantly surprised!) One thing though is that because it is so long lasting, it gets drying. Before applying, put on a sheer layer of lip balm and make sure your lips are not flaky, that's how the liner will apply smoothly and look good, as with any liner.

I'm glad to see that this product actually worked for many, because it didn't for me. These were my first lipliners. They swatched on so beautifully on my the back of my hand - smooth, almost buttery, highly pigmented. Alas, they hardly showed on my lips. On top of that, they were very dry and my lips felt like it was being dragged. Upon taking it off, my lips felt funny. I don't quite know how to explain it. It's that feeling of blood rushing to your lips after numbing, and it's not a nice feeling. With lip balm on, application was smoother, but that did not make up for the dismal colour payoff. This product has staved me off lipliners for the time being. Swatches can be deceiving.

Popular Lip Liners