NYX Slim Lip Pencil (All)

4.3

I love this liner. I have been using Revlon, which is creamier but NYX's pencil lip liner does seem to last longer and doesn't cake up. I use the Nutmeg color and I am really impressed overall.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So far, I've only tried the color "Natural", which has become a staple in my everyday make-up routine! It's a "my-lips-but-better" sort of color, subtle enough for everyday wear, but nice enough for a somewhat matte look! The color is rich, goes on nice and smooth without being patchy, and definitely lasts through eating and drinking. I maybe only have to reapply one time in a whole day that I'm wearing it. I'm definitely eager to try some other colors in this line!

Inexpensive and functional

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

From a price in comparison with quality perspective, these lip liners are the best on the market, in my opinion. I originally began buying them because I loved playing with different lipstick colors, but couldn’t really justify shelling out tons of money on liners from MAC or Sephora to compliment them. These work just as good as any high end lip pencil, for a fraction of the price (I pay under $5 CAD).
They are super pigmented and long wearing, but the formula is on the drier side of things. I don’t find that they tug on lips or anything, but if you like filling in your entire lips with liner, try a creamier pencil. However, for the purpose of precision and locking lipstick in place, they are awesome. Plus, they sharpen well and don’t “break” often, which is often a problem for pencil products.
Additionally, these come in the hugest color range that I think I’ve ever seen in a drugstore lip pencil (they probably rival MAC). It’s especially awesome because you can get tons of “alternative” colors that most brands (let alone drugstore brands) don’t carry, such as black, black-brown, “greige”, and even a metallic orange…. Along with a great array of more standard and neutral colors as well.
Basically, these little pencils are cheap, come in a great range of colors, and work well. If you’re a lipstick junkie and are looking for some matching liners, check these out. A lot of makeup artists even use them in their professional kits.

4.5/5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

These lip liners are quite nice, but not awesome. I can say right away: if you prefer creamy lip liners, then I recommend you skip these, because they have quite dry feel to them and tug on the lips quite much. Because of that, it is very difficult to get even coverage. However, they have a wide range of colors, are affordable and sharpen very well, and they do help your lipstick application and longevity. I have it in 834 Prune (quite dark berry color to pair with any berry or fuchsia lipstick), 804 Cabaret (burgundy), and Plush Red (vibrant pinky red, perfect under NYX Matte Lipstick Bloody Mary). All of them have matte finish.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Love these pencils. I have nutmeg and espresso. I like to use espresso to line and shade my lips before filling in with nutmeg, perfect combo. The price is great, less than $4 per pencil. It applies very velvety and doesn't feel dry or sticky. The transfer isn't too bad, if you kiss the back of your hand it doesn't transfer. It wears long enough, although it can't make it through eating or drinking entirely. Overall I'd love to have more of these pencils.

These lip pencils are fabulous, they go on smooth and don't drag they just don't have enough rose colors for me. Right now I like this better than my Urban Decay @ $22.00, got this for $3.50. Can't beat the quality and for such a low price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Color-Flower
I needed a lip liner for a lip gloss I bought from this same brand and I decided to go with this one. It is a pink frost color that does not look good on me at all, I am olive tone skin that tans easily. It is a powdery pale pink color, that it is just unflattering and feels very uncomfortable. I have a few lip liners both high end and low end with great pigmentation, staying power that look so pretty and feel so buttery, I thought I would add this to my list of loves. I am disappointed on this product as NYX has so many products that are on point always.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have the color Mauve in this and I love that the color selection is so vast. It isn't the creamiest lip liner I have ever used, but it is smooth enough that it doesn't tug on my lips. Color payoff is pretty decent too.

I would definitely recommend picking up this lip liner, especially when Ulta has one of its BOGO50% sales!

I am a lip liner junkie. I own so many from several brands. For the price this and BH cosmetics are my favorite liners. There are so many colors to choose from, they're long wearing, pigmented and creamy. These liners are great to not only line but fill in my lips as well. I usually purchase them for $3-$4 USD. They are worth double that plus some. Try these, you won't regret it. I own 6 of them in different colors and I want them all! Mauve and Nude Beige are my absolute favorites. I prefer retractable pencils but I don't mind sharpening for these for the quality and price.

Popular Lip Liners