Queen Helene Queen Helene Whipped Cleansing Cream

Queen Helene Queen Helene Whipped Cleansing Cream

Not tested on animals

Mineral oil, water, beeswax, ceresin, sodium borate, stearyl alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/25/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love this cold cream -- especially since Pond's changed their formula. A great value at Sally's!

on 4/21/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I heard about this on here when I was reading the reviews for Queen Helenes Mint Julep Masque (which I also purchased) and I was a bit skeptical at first. I have extremely acne prone and oily skin so the thought of slathering cream all over my face made me cringe but I am so happy I tried this. I normally use a couple of make up wipes and then my regular face wash to get excess dirt and make up off at the end of the day but this cream took everything off in one instant. I used a warm cloth and wiped, everything was gone and my face felt instantly cleaner and fresher and even softer. This is after one use, I will update in a few more days, using nightly so hopefully there will be even better results. But overall its amazing and lives up to what it says it does.

This is a great basic cleansing cold cream. It's thick, has a pleasant smell and cleans my skin well. Also, it's wonderful in the dry winter months, but it may be too heavy for the summer. Despite what it says on the packaging, it is in no way water soluble. You need to wipe this off with a cloth. I don't wash with anything else afterwards because I have pretty dry skin, so I like the moisturizing residue it leaves on my skin (which is pretty much just mineral oil, the main ingredient in this cream). If you like squeaky-clean skin, you may not be a fan of this.

on 3/22/2015 7:22:00 PM

This works very well on my oily sensitive acne prone skin. It leaves a slight film behind after I rinse it off (maybe the beeswax?) which dries down fairly quickly. It doesn't break me out, cleans my eye makeup off fairly well, moisturizes and feels neutral and soothing on my touchy skin. The tub is large and old-fashioned, no need to be stingy when you slather it on.

I've had acne prone skin since I was a teen so the thought of using a thick cream on my face seemed like it would be a disaster. I've used makeup remover wipes but they never seemed to get all the makeup off my face. I found a big tub of this at Sallys for $5 so I thought I would give it a try. I'm very impressed! I've been using it for about 2 months with no breakouts or anything. I spread about a quarter sized amount of this all over my face and rub in until it starts to feel oily. I get a bit more a rub over my eyes to remove my mascara. I use a warm, wet towel and wipe it all off then follow with my olay sensitive skin foaming face wash. This really gets all of my makeup off without leaving my skin feeling too dry or too oily. If you have dry skin you could probably skip using another cleanser. If you wear heavy makeup I highly suggest using this to remove it.

on 2/2/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you loved pods before they changed their formula, this is the next best thing! i have sensitive skin. almost every cleanser makes my skin itch but this does not. leaves it clean and not tight.

on 1/10/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've had oily skin my entire life (and I'm over 50 now). So I never thought I'd like, or need, a cold cream. My skincare routine, such as it is, has always been "wash my face with whatever soap happens to be in the shower," followed by nothin' until a few years ago, at which time I took up Burt's Bees Intensive Hydration Night Cream (more on a whim than for any other reason).

So I never really gave cold cream a thought until I was perusing the MUA reviews of various Queen Helene products - and came across positive reviews of the Whipped Cleansing Cream. Well, I had a coupon to burn at Sally's, so I picked up a tub.

No, I don't need a cold cream. But I love this one, and I WANT it. Although my skin is oily, this cream gets my face clean and leaves my skin feeling soft. I can tell there's a little somethin' left on my skin after I wipe off the cream, but it doesn't cause more oiliness and doesn't give me middle-age zits, so I'll take the softness and run with it. And the Queen doesn't test on animals, which is always a huge plus with me.

Great stuff. It's cheap. Try it!

on 8/30/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Minus one lippy for the pricing in Canadian provinces ($7.89CDN or $5.19USD? guuyyss..) but other than that? It's wonderful.

Here is how I use mine

-- I take about 1tbsp of this, pop it on my cheeks and start spreading the product all over. I'll be real, I got some of this in my eyes out of sheer excitement and nothing happened.
--After I massaged this all over my face & neck, I took a hot damp wash cloth and wiped it off (flipping the cloth over for one "hemisphere" of my face!)

And. Um. That's it! For me, it feels a tad bit as though there's still a bunch on my face. But it soaks into my skin within 5 minutes leaving it soft, bright & feeling cleansed.

Highly recommend. A tub lasts you eons. I know done folks aren't a fan of the tub but I LOVE it. Retro packaging is darling to me, and my grandma even complimented the packaging and tried some out. She said it reminds her of the old cold creams she used to use back home.

I highly recommend this product

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I had been excited to try this since having heard that it's similar to Jergens all purpose cream, which is a cold cream. Jergens has color added and a slow releasing formaldehyde (DMDM hydantoin) and I was happy that Queen Helene's cold cream was without these ingredients which, in my view, are unnecessary. It has some sodium lauryl sulfate replacing carbomer in the old cold cream formulations, but although it's a detergent, it actually doesn't 'rinse' any differently than Jergens. It feels indulgent, a pleasure to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Right, so this and other cold creams are fairly controversial.

And I can see why, the packaging isn't something everyone is okay with (though really, its not like you can't SEE the packaging, so complaining about it or knocking it down more than one point for it is pure childishness). People are also very set in their ways, they like a 3-step solution to their skin troubles (the more products the better, right? Not in my experience.) They are also very used to the sort of dry, stripped feeling that most (if not all) cleansers leave, so something like this, that leaves your skin feeling moist, dewy and soft is usually thought to not have cleaned it well.

That said, I have been using this cleansing cream for one and half (1.5) months, and I must say, this stuff is amazing. The following pros and cons (in no particular order) are based on my own 1.5 months of experience with the product.

PROS:

1. Pore. By functioning in the same way as an oil cleanser, it dissolves oil/other crap in your pores and makes them look less blocked/enlarged. The pores on my nose/cheeks have dramatically reduced in appearance (most notably my cheeks, which even primer couldn't make smooth.

2. Easy. Although the product is time consuming, it's easy and (relatively) mess-free. You can smear this on your face, and walk around the house if you need to, and it won't burn or itch.

3. Sensitive. This cleansing cream is great for people who find cleansers like Cetaphil or Cerave make their skin itch/burn/feel unpleasant. I used Cetaphil for over 6 years, and found that it always gave a slight burning sensation to my skin.

4. Acne. I have very acne-prone skin. In fact, my skin breaks out within hours of using something it disagrees with. This did and does not make me break out, it didn't make my skin purge, or turn into a horrible cystic battlefield. It has actually improved my acne immensely.

5. Moisture. I feel like I don't need a moisturizer when I use this. My skin feels sufficiently moisturized all day when I use this. I also have not had any issues with dryness/peeling/scaliness which is usually an issue in the summertime

6. Multipurpose. I have also used this in very small quantities to moisturize my nails which I have issues with drying, peeling and ridginess, my nails have never looked so healthy! I also use it as a very good makeup remover.

7. Quantity. The amount that you get (15 oz) for the price ($5-9, depending on where you live) is great, especially considering how little you really need. I would say that this jar will last about 3 months with daily, morning and night use.

8. Scent. I don't know what the scent is supposed to be, some have said Jasmine, but whatever it is, it smells lovely.

9. Hyper-pigmentation. I had terrible, dark, purple/brown hyper-pigmentation due to clusters of acne below my cheekbones, and I truly believe that this cleansing cream has contributed to the fading of these splotches.

CONS:

1. Availability. You can't get this easily--at least not in Canada-- it is only available online or at Sally Beauty Supply, which is not a common store altogether. As I understand, QH products are available at Walmart in the US, so if you are lucky enough to find it at your local Wally World, pick it up and give it a try.

2. Packaging. Some people (picky people) don't like the jar packaging. The only time I find it an inconvenience is when I have a little product on my hands and need to pick the jar up. It's quite large, so if you don't have big hands it can potentially be hard to hold.

3. Removal. Though it is easy to use, and generally to remove, it is obviously not something that you can just wash off. You must use a washcloth/cloth/tissue to remove it which is inconvenient if you happen to be short on them. You can use soap to remove it from your hands, however I would never recommend using soap on your face.

I feel that the pros for this product outweigh the cons, and I ABSOLUTELY will be restocking my supply when I run out. Hell, I wish I could buy big, Costco-sized barrels of this stuff.

EDIT: So, I have officially used this for 4.5 months and as of today: Tuesday, September 2, 2014, I am on my second jar. My review stands, as is. Do yourself a favor and invest in a jar of this if you've been considering it. Even if it doesn't work on your face, you can use it as a treatment for your hands.