Queen Helene Queen Helene Whipped Cleansing Cream

Queen Helene Queen Helene Whipped Cleansing Cream

Not tested on animals

Mineral oil, water, beeswax, ceresin, sodium borate, stearyl alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 9/9/2016 2:36:00 PM

Okay, I've tried different kinds of makeup remover wipes and they never seemed to take off all of my makeup, esp. mascara. I then tried cleansing/cold creams (Jergens, Ponds, Noxema) from which I had breakouts, at 56 years of age! I saw all of the positive reviews on MUA and decided to give the Queen Helene Whipped Cleansing Cream a try. (I've used the Mint Julep Mask for years with good results!) I was hesitant, at first, to use it b/c I was afraid of yet another breakout, but no! This stuff is great!

The way I use it: I first apply a steamy washcloth over my face for a bit, then apply this cream and massage it all over my face. I again apply the steamy washcloth, and press it into my skin, then wipe off every bit of makeup. The cream (and makeup!) comes off easily. It does leave a bit of a residue behind. I've either done additional cleansing and then applied moisturizer (Small amount of Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Creme works great!), or just left the remains of the Cleansing Cream to absorb into my skin without additional moisturizer. Either way, I wake up to soft, smooth glowing skin! I've had NO breakouts and no eye stinging/irritation at all. My skin texture is much smoother, pores are smaller, and no breakouts or irritation. I've also noticed fine lines around my eyes are greatly minimized! This stuff is about $5-$6 for a huge tub, so I think it is not only an effective cleanser/makeup remover but a great value. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

on 7/25/2016 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love this cold cream -- especially since Pond's changed their formula. A great value at Sally's!

To Read all 45 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/21/2016 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I heard about this on here when I was reading the reviews for Queen Helenes Mint Julep Masque (which I also purchased) and I was a bit skeptical at first. I have extremely acne prone and oily skin so the thought of slathering cream all over my face made me cringe but I am so happy I tried this. I normally use a couple of make up wipes and then my regular face wash to get excess dirt and make up off at the end of the day but this cream took everything off in one instant. I used a warm cloth and wiped, everything was gone and my face felt instantly cleaner and fresher and even softer. This is after one use, I will update in a few more days, using nightly so hopefully there will be even better results. But overall its amazing and lives up to what it says it does.

This is a great basic cleansing cold cream. It's thick, has a pleasant smell and cleans my skin well. Also, it's wonderful in the dry winter months, but it may be too heavy for the summer. Despite what it says on the packaging, it is in no way water soluble. You need to wipe this off with a cloth. I don't wash with anything else afterwards because I have pretty dry skin, so I like the moisturizing residue it leaves on my skin (which is pretty much just mineral oil, the main ingredient in this cream). If you like squeaky-clean skin, you may not be a fan of this.

on 3/22/2015 7:22:00 PM

This works very well on my oily sensitive acne prone skin. It leaves a slight film behind after I rinse it off (maybe the beeswax?) which dries down fairly quickly. It doesn't break me out, cleans my eye makeup off fairly well, moisturizes and feels neutral and soothing on my touchy skin. The tub is large and old-fashioned, no need to be stingy when you slather it on.

I've had acne prone skin since I was a teen so the thought of using a thick cream on my face seemed like it would be a disaster. I've used makeup remover wipes but they never seemed to get all the makeup off my face. I found a big tub of this at Sallys for $5 so I thought I would give it a try. I'm very impressed! I've been using it for about 2 months with no breakouts or anything. I spread about a quarter sized amount of this all over my face and rub in until it starts to feel oily. I get a bit more a rub over my eyes to remove my mascara. I use a warm, wet towel and wipe it all off then follow with my olay sensitive skin foaming face wash. This really gets all of my makeup off without leaving my skin feeling too dry or too oily. If you have dry skin you could probably skip using another cleanser. If you wear heavy makeup I highly suggest using this to remove it.

on 2/2/2015 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

If you loved pods before they changed their formula, this is the next best thing! i have sensitive skin. almost every cleanser makes my skin itch but this does not. leaves it clean and not tight.

on 1/10/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I've had oily skin my entire life (and I'm over 50 now). So I never thought I'd like, or need, a cold cream. My skincare routine, such as it is, has always been "wash my face with whatever soap happens to be in the shower," followed by nothin' until a few years ago, at which time I took up Burt's Bees Intensive Hydration Night Cream (more on a whim than for any other reason).

So I never really gave cold cream a thought until I was perusing the MUA reviews of various Queen Helene products - and came across positive reviews of the Whipped Cleansing Cream. Well, I had a coupon to burn at Sally's, so I picked up a tub.

No, I don't need a cold cream. But I love this one, and I WANT it. Although my skin is oily, this cream gets my face clean and leaves my skin feeling soft. I can tell there's a little somethin' left on my skin after I wipe off the cream, but it doesn't cause more oiliness and doesn't give me middle-age zits, so I'll take the softness and run with it. And the Queen doesn't test on animals, which is always a huge plus with me.

Great stuff. It's cheap. Try it!

on 8/30/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Minus one lippy for the pricing in Canadian provinces ($7.89CDN or $5.19USD? guuyyss..) but other than that? It's wonderful.

Here is how I use mine

-- I take about 1tbsp of this, pop it on my cheeks and start spreading the product all over. I'll be real, I got some of this in my eyes out of sheer excitement and nothing happened.
--After I massaged this all over my face & neck, I took a hot damp wash cloth and wiped it off (flipping the cloth over for one "hemisphere" of my face!)

And. Um. That's it! For me, it feels a tad bit as though there's still a bunch on my face. But it soaks into my skin within 5 minutes leaving it soft, bright & feeling cleansed.

Highly recommend. A tub lasts you eons. I know done folks aren't a fan of the tub but I LOVE it. Retro packaging is darling to me, and my grandma even complimented the packaging and tried some out. She said it reminds her of the old cold creams she used to use back home.

I highly recommend this product

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I had been excited to try this since having heard that it's similar to Jergens all purpose cream, which is a cold cream. Jergens has color added and a slow releasing formaldehyde (DMDM hydantoin) and I was happy that Queen Helene's cold cream was without these ingredients which, in my view, are unnecessary. It has some sodium lauryl sulfate replacing carbomer in the old cold cream formulations, but although it's a detergent, it actually doesn't 'rinse' any differently than Jergens. It feels indulgent, a pleasure to use.