Calvin Klein Obsession For Men

Calvin Klein Obsession For Men

3.9

on 1/25/2017 2:47:00 PM

This is a very warm, cozy scent with carnal undertones. I discovered it only a few years back, my mom had been buying it in bulk, wearing it on herself and gifting it to relatives because she loves it so much. It's very masculine for sure, but a few drops on female skin and it smells warm, spicy and intriguing. I have not smelled it on a man, but I will be sure to gift it should there be a special man in my life anytime soon. I don't think it's just for mature men. I think it would be very attractive on rugged, manly types of any age. The kind of men it would smell 'off' on would be clean-cut metrosexuals I suppose, Obsession would be too 'dirty' for them. I personally love wearing this scent to bed, especially on cold nights. It's a warm, comforting blanket of vanilla spice, cola, amber and dusty wood-notes, with a little something special, something deeply sensual and animalic. It lasts until the next day on my skin and my sheets would smell delicious for days. My only qualm with 'Obsession for men' is that there seems to be two versions going around and it's a matter of luck which one I end up with. One smells richer, warmer and smoother, more cola, and the other version is sharper and cheaper smelling, more citric. I think the sharper one must be a new formulation. Tip: don't drench yourself in this stuff, it's potent, a couple sprays, you're good!

First thing: I'm a chick. :) I bought this for myself because I wanted something warm and cozy and spicy and sexy and had heard this was gonna do it for me, so I picked it up for VERY cheap (less than $8 for a small splash bottle).

Crazy enough, despite the note pyramid, I get very little cinnamon on me at all. This is a warm ambery vanilla nutmeg scent on me almost from the get go. I get myrrh, coriander, some citruses and warm musk, and this is VERY cozy and sexy. I love it so much!! 2 sprays lasts about 5 hours on me and I was given many compliments over the 2 days I wore it for my November challenge. Even though it can be found VERY inexpensively at every Ross and Marshalls you enter (big bottles for $30 or less), it does not smell cheap at all. It is wonderful. I like this better than the ladies version, it is less cloying. I'm definitely going to be buying myself a larger bottle soon.

(crosspost)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't know what it is about this fragrance exactly but I just cannot stand it. I find it way too strong and sickly. I had an ex who used to wear it and I had to ask him to stop because it was making me literally gasp for air when he put it on. He said his ex gave it to him and loved it so I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Agreed that this one would smell great on a woman, but I think the Obsessions are pretty well interchangeable for both genders, at least in their current formulations. Most oriental fragrances read fairly unisex to my nose, anyway - their dusty spices, warm resins and woody, vanillic bases don't concern themselves with such trivial matters as gender. Everyone smells good in spice and sandalwood.

If you're a woman who feels the original Obsession is a little much, give the more sober and relaxed men's version a try. It's slightly drier and more powdery, and much less dense than the women's version, which can feel like a solid brick wall if oversprayed. It opens with the same bitter/green/herbal kick that you either love or loathe in the original, but while Obsession quickly moves into a damp, earthy floral-and-citrus stage, Obsession for Men backs off the green stuff and brings in vanilla talc on top of woods, spice, amber, and a hint of musk. With nose pressed to wrist, the powder is obvious, but sniffing my own sillage (I spray fragrances on my neck, front and back, so I can properly bask in the fumes), the musk and amber make the biggest impression. It's very nice, undoubtedly sexy, and a far cry from its reputation as an obnoxious, Drakkar-esque '80s whopper for Wall Street execs in power suits and shellacked hair. Obsession for Men has cooled its jets since its '80s heyday (reformulation, perhaps?) and is now content to bask in its own charm and mystery, drawing you in rather than beating you over the head with its virility. You femme fatale types simply must give this stuff a try on your skin, but if all else fails, just gift a beloved man in your life with a bottle and see what happens.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My b/f tried this on, and it reminded both of us of the chemicals used in an outhouse or something. It's awful! I don't know how this scent works on women - have seen several people mention it does. I like the women's version, but I wouldn't want to spray the men's on myself - ick!

LOVE this scent! Best men's scent ever & can recognize it easily! Yummyyyyyy!! I even wear it once in a while:) Delish..

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Woah! Don't come near me in this stuff - !! Not sure if it just didn't suit my male friend who used to swear by it but I always found it smelled slightly sour on his skin. I have disliked it ever since first encountering it on him.

My stepdad wore this and it was the best out of his whole collection, and believe me, he had enough to fill up the perfume counter in a dept. store! This is very elegant and yes manly, which I love. I loathe the newer scents for men. They're all so tuty-fruity bubbalicious like to me and so immature. Not here! On the right man this just blows me away! I mean, to another planet, it's that good! Perfect for office wear. Perfect for that older man. And older men are sexier anyway! But, it is a bit sweet, so I think it would be a nice winter fragrance. I would probably blow chunks if I sniffed this during the hot summers here in Arizona. No doubt about it!

on 6/8/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This smell gets to me every time I catch a whiff. It's so strong and over powering. I don't know if the men whom wear it are using more than one squirt or what it is, but I can smell the perfume long after the person has left the room. I literally choke and gasp for air when I smell it. Ugh!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Where are you girls on this one? This perfume is amazing for women. It is rich, passionate, sexy, and last for 8 hours! Please try it, it's beautiful even if it is marketed towards men.
EDIT:Nice but too strong!

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Bleu de Chanel