Revlon Revlon Colorstay Contrasts Highlighting in Light Brown Highlights

No Image

4.5

on 11/27/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I couldn't find the review board for the general product, so I will post mine on here.

I had lightened my hair to be a light, summery, bleach blonde sort of color back in August. My roots had grown since then and while my hair is really a mousy to medium-dark brown, they looked black compared to the blonde.

I wanted to go to more of a light brown, dark blonde color so I bought: Dark Ash Blonde and Dark Blonde and mixed the two for my inch past my shoulders hair. At first, my hair looked a little bit gray where the bleached blonde used to be. I was completely panicked and thought it looked awful, but after changing clothes, putting on some make up and fixing my hair, it doesn't look very gray anymore. I think that my mind just saw the gray and focused on that rather than it being an ashy dark blonde color. I actually really like how it turned out and it is so cheap I would definitely repurchase it.

Just be aware if your hair has been lightened or bleached that it may look a bit off initially.

I really love this highlighting! I have dark brown hair normally, and with these light brown highlights, my hair looks so much more healthy looking. I really think this looks nice and it doesn't look like I did too much to my hair, just the right amount of light brown. It left my hair soft and easy to manage. I am not sure how long this will stay in my hair, but I'm enjoying it right now and recommend it to you!

on 8/14/2004 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have used this product twice. Once many years ago. And, the second time, about 6 weeks ago. This has been my most successful home highlighting venture.

This product has been discontinued and I picked it up at Big Lots for cheap!

My hair is chemically treated and colored a medium brown. But, this product does a nice job of lightening for nice gold/lt brown highlights. Not perfect, mind you. There is some brass, though. I intend to apply another product over my hair to help dampen the brass somewhat after I condition my hair. But, I do recommend this product if you can find it. If possible, do a strand test.

on 1/17/2004 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have permanently darked colored hair that I am trying to get rid of the red in - I have gotten to the point of a med-dark golden brown, but I felt like I wanted to brighten it up a bit. Give it some dimension. I used the colorstay contrasts highlighter on my hair tonight and it turned out perfect. It still makes my color look natural it just gave it oomp! and brightened everything up a notch. The highlights are all even as well - b/c the cap was perfect to pull through and very easy - I even managed to do the back with a hand held mirror. Although I had hubby double check to make sure all the little pieces were all out. I did leave it on about 5 mins. less than what they rec. which is 25 mins. I kept looking at it and it started getting a bit lighter than I wanted so I washed it all off a full 5-7 minutes faster than was listed on the insructions. I am still elated with the results and will definitely use it again - maybe next time I will leave it on the full time just to see how much more bright it gets. BTW - excellent price- can't complain about 10.00 highlights that cost 75-100.00 at the salon. LOL

Popular Hair Color Products