AVEDA Loose Powder

No Image

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This loose powder is pretty good. I use this powder to "bake" my concealer under my eyes and it really brightens them up and keeps it from creasing! For overall on the face, I think it's about as good as your average powder. Sorry, but the dreaded t-zone always reigns supreme over any powder I use. XD

The only thing I would say about this, is if you have medium to dark skin, then I don't know how this powder will work for you. They really need to get a bigger shade selection for this powder.

on 12/8/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Someone told me that Aveda started all this mineral-powder thing so they do know what they are doing!
This powder is just fantastic! It controls my oily skin, covers it up a bit and make me look like I have nothing on and perfect skin!
It doesnt make me break out and they dont have talc in it.
This is a must-have if you dont have much time to put your make up on!

on 5/14/2008 9:25:00 PM

i have this in teak. It definitely has an olivey cast to it, but it works well for me right now because Ive gotten a bit tanner, sets my makeup and leaves my skin perfect -not matte and powdery. has little shimmer particles that you can barely see in the container and not at all on skin but I believe this makes it not so powdery looking. great. will update if it breaks me out. price is on par with all the other loose powders

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Aveda translucent loose powder - True to its name, it is absolutely translucent. No matter how many coats I applied. It looked like I haven't put anything on. I did end up with too many coats and it started to get chalky. Why did I buy it? I was hoping for a soft shimmering addition to my makeup but that's not what I got. There was no soft shimmering addition. Just matte powder that offer no coverage or no natural glow. I was disappointed. I would not get it again.

on 4/6/2004 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Always in search of the "perfect" powder..loose or otherwise. This one is awesome. Non-chalky; keeps the oils at bay for quite a while; Touch-ups necessary? On me...yes ...but when I do...it doesn't cake at all. GREAT powder. I use shade: Cream which seems more transparent when I use it over EL double matte in Warm Sand.
Edit: Taking it a notch down for comparative as well as stand alone reasons. I'm not extremely impressed with Aveda per se anymore.

on 11/24/2001 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of the best powders I've used. It smells great and keeps my super-oily skin shine free for hours. It doesn't cake after touch-ups, either! I'd highly recommed, even though the packaging leaves something to be desired (the plastic screw top chipped when I dropped it).

on 10/16/2001 8:38:00 PM

Ugh... chalky. This was not a good product at all. Thank goodness there was no scent to this or it'd be one of the worse powders i ever tried. It was cakey after 2 hours of wear. The colour line was decent though nothing to rave about. Definately spend my money else where!

This stuff really control shine and helps your foundation to last! The color range is very good also. Much better then Clinique.