Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick (all shades)

Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick (all shades)

3.7

on 3/21/2016 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These are one of the few lipsticks that moisturize my lips. There may be lipsticks that are longer lasting with more color selection but I still love moon drops from Revlon. Some people are like 'ew my granny uses those lipsticks' and I be like 'your granny must have style! Respect her. She buys some good product!'. I know sometimes the names of the colors can be confusing but I love the old school shades. I hope Revlon keeps moon drops around for ever cause I know I will be the granny that uses moon drops lipsticks. They are a classic.

I love these. Yes, the colors are often bright and their names aren't always accurate. I can think of a hundred shade names from other brands that are either inaccurate or don't give you any idea what color it's supposed to be, so it's a non-issue for me.

As far as the "grandma" scent is concerned, that's one of my favorite things about it. I generally hate perfumed makeup, and don't dig on scented lipsticks unless they are vanilla or reminiscent of Red Vines (looking at you, Rimmel,) but I love these. See, my real-life dearly-departed grandma used to *actually* use Moon Drops, and I like to use them or just open them up for a sniff when I really miss her. It's been 19 years since she died, and one whiff of the unmistakable Moon Drops scent takes me right back to those days she'd let me wear a smidgen of lipstick to church if I'd been good. (Love you, Grandma!)

I'm a diehard Revlon fan, since my "look" is pale, dark hair, blue eyes, a prominent nose, and full lips. Very Old Hollywood, and very close to how my grandma looked when she was young. Revlon colors can't be beat for a classic look like mine, and since I remember Grandma loving Moon Drops, I know that the shades she loved should be flattering on me, too. My beloved Moon Drops are one way to take me out of my color comfort zone (Orange Flip, a bright orangey-coral, for instance) and have it still be a look I can pull off.

Yes, the colors are bright, but I'm so pale I can pretty much pull off any bold lip color with panache. The colors are phenomenal, long lasting, and it is a moisturizing formula. If you can stand the smell, go for it! You never know, maybe one day your grandkids will still be talking about your cool lipstick, too. :)

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought one of these in Apple Polish on clearance at Big Lots for 75 cents, and I love the color! It's a frosty orange-y reddish coral color that really flatters my fair, warm-toned skin. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell. It has a sort of plastic scent similar to L'Oreal lipsticks that I really don't care for.

on 6/15/2014 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I remember when this was a new Revlon line and Gold Dipped Rose was my favorite dress-up lipstick. Now I'm retrying it, having bought a few retro colors. The one I'm wearing now is Nude Shimmer, a soft coral. It's a shade I remember from the '80's by Etherea (a Revlon line, sadly now gone) and Dorothy Gray, when all shades of coral ruled. Nude Shimmer has a soft shimmer and a smooth as silk feel. It lasts forever without drying. I barely notice the scent or taste. To give it a more modern look, I use it with a nude lip liner. I'll post updates as I go through the other colors I bought, Rosebrick and Kashmir Rose.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in the shade 590 Lilac Champagne, but don't let the name fool you. This is very much pink. The shade is neither lilac nor champagne in colour; it's hot pink, & I mean HOT. It's bright, borderline obnoxious. If you're a bold standout woman, you'll wear this well. It's definitely a summertime lipstick. Do you remember that scene in Means Girls when Cady Heron says, "& she had some 99 cent lip gloss on her snaggletooth"? That's how I feel when I wear this. The problem is I can't tell if it's the product itself or just the shade I'm disliking. I wish I'd gone for a brown/nude colour instead, but I'm not willing to buy another & find out because of the formula alone.

I was very hesitant about this; lipstick is always hit & miss for me. I'm not sure if it's my skin tone, but Lilac Champagne—again, I don't know why it's called that—just isn't flattering on me. I have dark skin (NC45 for reference) & wannabe Barbie-doll is the only way I can explain how I look wearing this. When I say the shade is borderline obnoxious, I literally mean shocker pink. Think of the '80s. Colour-hatred aside, this lipstick is very pigmented & opaque. Although the formula is creamy, & I'm not sure how or why, it made my lips look dry & wrinkled even if I moisturize them first. It settles & caked into the natural lines in my lips & just looks slopped on.

I personally don't like this lipstick because it's drying to me & not "my colour," but if you have a good lip moisturizer & are confident, you can definitely pull it off. I'm reading that this is actually pretty hard to find, so I think it's discontinued. (Don't quote me on that.) If you can find it, you can get it for $3 or $4. Despite my REALLY disliking the colour & formula, I'm going to see if different lip moisturizers &/or lip glosses on top of it make a difference because I don't just want to put it in the trash. I'll update.

I have this in Blase Apricot and it's a beautiful coral. However, the SMELL IS HORRIBLE and I'm not even sensitive to smell. I've never had scent as being an issue in products but by god, it reeks of plastic, cement, and gas.....

I have two Moon Drops lipsticks and plan on getting more if I can find them! These babies are usually packed waaaaay at the bottom of the Revlon display. You will find them in the back, in light/dark green tubes. I first ran in to these by mistake, but after seeing the color selection was very intrigued by the fresh, bold colors. These are very smooth on the lips, and glide on like butter! The staying power is what you would expect from any Revlon lipstick (very good), and when the color does start to fade, it does so evenly. My only real complaint is the scent. I know these are old school, but do they really have to be that overpowering "grandma's perfume" scent? I can smell it on my lips for a good 10 minutes before it begins to fade!! Unscented would be nice for those who prefer to keep perfume on their wrists!

The colors I have are 700-Crystal Cut Coral, and 710-Orange Flip. Crystal Cut Coral is a frost, and Orange Flip is a creme. I love the sheen CCC gives my lips, and Orange Flip gives off a beautiful blood orange color. Both compliment my fair skin quite well. I will be on the lookout for more of these!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Long lasting and moisturizing,has a nice colour like candy apple and a shimmery light rosey colour, and also nice colour and satiny feel to it, it feels very secure on my lips like my regular lips, kinda like no lipstick or/and lipgloss at all, and the staying power is excellent and great, it's a regular lipstick top shelf for drug stores and that is a great shade, I own one, and it lasts for 8 hours like it's supposed tgo, plus it's smell is great. I have no problem with this popular lipstick on the market. I purchased this, and the pros are what I said the cons super expensive for a drugstore pricey lipstick which with the tax, this is weard but it pretty much almost equals up with the prices of the launched cosmetics line Clinique and MAC are only a few like $5 dollars bucks more..................

on 2/9/2013 11:36:00 AM

I bought this lipstick and had it on my face for less than five minutes before I marched right back into Walgreens and apologetically returned it. Being a fan of the Super Lustrous line, I thought these would be worth a try.

The color was beautiful - bright retro colors that make a statement.

Goopy, won't last long on the lips.

However, nothing could have prepared me for the SMELLLLLL!!!! Oh my god this smelled like a chemical stick!! That was bathed in nuclear acid and aged for ten years! I couldn't stop smelling it and tasting it for hours even after I removed the lipstick. Will never ever buy again. Yuck!!

on 11/26/2012 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I currently own two of these lipsticks- one in blase apricot and the other in crystal cut coral. They're both pink colors, with blase apricot being the more coralish one. Crystal cut coral really isn't coral at all...so I don't quite know what's up with that. It's more of a frosty pink. Anyway, blase apricot is definitely one of my most used lipsticks. It's so creamy and it stays on forever. I blot it with my finger to tone down the color for school, but on the weekends I wear it normally. I really love it. The coral one, however, I don't like as much because I find it slightly drying. I like the color, though. I will definitely but more products from this line. Also, the packaging is very cute. It's a pretty green tube with a gold case around the lipstick and a gold stripe on which it says 'Revlon'. The only con is the chemical scent/taste. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand it! If you're not sensitive to the scent, I would definitely recommend these, but I don't think I'd repurchase.