Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster

Not tested on animals

Water/aqua/eau, Glycerin, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycolipids, Hydrolyzed Algin, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sea Water, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linalool, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil.

I've been using a sample of this for about a week now and am really happy with the results. I use a couple of drops and spread it all over my face and around my eyes after cleansing. Then I follow with Cetaphil cream. This plumps my skin and minimized the appearance of my wrinkles and fine lines. It also seems to make my skin more even-toned and less red.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I liked this product while I used it. It's a serum that enhances the actions of your moisturizer and they recommend you to add a few drops to your usual cream and apply it. My skin did seem more hydrated, but I like my skincare to be simple. For me, it was just an unnecessary hassle mixing those two. I rather prefer applying serum as usual before the moisturizer.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/10/2015 8:47:00 PM

LOVE!!!!!

This serum is amazing and transforms your skin from the first use. I use it morning and night and it keeps my combination skin hydrated without causing acne . Perfect to use around eyes for soft lines and doesn't irritate at all . When I don't use this my skin just doesn't feel as soft and supple. This keeps it plump and healthy looking. It also prevents me from getting scars and assists fast healing when I do have hormonal breakouts. Would recommend to everyone !

I suffer from combination skin and it gets very dry & flaky during winter months and this is one of my favourite skincare products ever! It has an oily texture and I use one drop of this twice a week mixed in with my Skin Smoothing cream and it leaves my skin feeling soft, glowing and smooth. I always use just one drop as it can make my skin oily if overused. I highly recommend this product if you are in need to a luxurious hydrating boost to your skin!

on 5/16/2015 10:14:00 AM

Do not like the feel on my skin with this gel-like treatment. Considering this and the price, this is not a winner for me.

on 3/17/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
I love how lightweight this feels on my skin. I use this in Summer, as my skin is still a little dehydrated in the heat. Its a perfect balance for me in summer and its not oily or greasy.

CONs:
I wish that it was hydrating enough to work all year around for me but it does nothing for my skin in the cooler months. I believe that this only work for people with dehydrated skin, and not people who have dry skin and fine lines

on 2/13/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I LOVE this product and use it all year round.It's an essential staple in the winter under day cream and foundation to fix & prevent flaking skin; in the summer sometimes I use it instead of moisturizer as it gives "watery" hydration, it's not greasy at all and it absorbs completely in minutes, without making skin shiny.
The price looked a bit prohibitive but in fairness you need a tiny amount of product so the bottle lasts for ages.
I was surprised to read bad reviews - I have super sensitive skin and I had no reaction. Of course, everyone can be sensitive/allergic to one ingredient, that does not make the product bad. Everything should be tested for allergies before buying.

on 2/1/2015 9:03:00 PM

Is this the one product with hyaluronic acid?

Feels good on skin. But skin starts needing it too much... Not good.

Very nice product. I can't vouch for its hydrating aspects, since I started using this at the same time as the whole anti-aging line from La Prairie. However, I like that this product can be used on the whole face, including the eye area. Secondly, it works nicely with my LP products. Sometimes I apply it prior to the LP products, sometimes I mix it on my fingers. It depends on how much time I have. Either way doesn't affect the absorption of the products. When I use it prior to other products, I use a light tapping/pushing motion which helps to alleviate any puffiness.

It is quite expensive, so I bought it on Ebay from trusted sellers. You need very little, so this little bottle will last me a long time. Will buy again when ran out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this not long after I came off the pill. Before I went on the pill my skin was congested as well as dehydrated while also being quite oily through the t-zone. I am a bit of a freak when it comes to my skin and I'm determined to find something that will balance my skin and also get rid of the congestion. I went for a facial and the aesthetician told me I should buy this along with the Overnight Clearing Gel to improve my skin. To cut to the chase, this product was awful! I have quite sensitive skin, especially around that time of the month, and this product broke me out into little bumps everywhere! It was the worst I've seen my skin. It also left my skin feeling quite sticky after applying. The only good thing I have to say about this product is that the packaging was quite convenient. To make matters worse, I returned to the place where I had my facial and said look what is happening and the girl actually told me that I should keep using it! I then went to a different place and asked the lady what she thought was going on with my skin and she said it looked like I was allergic to something I was using. I returned the product and was glad to get my money back as it is extremely expensive for the amount of product you receive. I told my auntie about what had happened who is a dermatologist and she actually told me that Dermalogica is not a good brand at all. It may deliver short term results but your skin will not be thanking you for it in the long term.