Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster
Skin Hydrating Booster

4.1

Not tested on animals

Water/aqua/eau, Glycerin, Panthenol, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycolipids, Hydrolyzed Algin, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Sea Water, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Linalool, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil.

on 2/27/2019 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product but don't love it. I'm always looking for products to add moisture to my dry, oily skin, without causing breakouts. This product mostly does the trick, but I wish it was a little more moisturizing. I mix it in with my facial moisturizer, both day and night, to give a little extra moisture boost, which I think it does. Occasionally, I apply it directly to flaky, dry patches, and while it seems to help in the very short term I find those spots quickly become flaky again. I think my skin is slightly better for using it, so I continue to buy it, but if you're really needing a strong moisture boost this product may not be enough.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoy this product especially in the summer. It's quite multipurpose and very effective. In the summer I don't want a heavy moisturizer , as my skin feels overwhelmed and greasy. This product is very lightweight but quite effective a keeping moisture on my face in the summer and not oily at all.I put this on as an eye cream at times too as recommended by my Ulta Dermalogica rep. Perfect routine is this with a sunscreen primer on top and then my foundation. Good staying power and no goopiness.

My skin type: extremely dry and as sensitive as skin could ever be. I get very bad eczema around my mouth and eyes as well.
When i first used this my skin was going through one of my worst sensitivity phases were i had terrible itchy irritation bumps on my cheeks frim allergies and eczema on my eyelids. I had tried so many moisturizers but nothing worked whatsoever. I saw that i had a sample of this product so i thought id go ahead and give it a go because my skin was so dry. I put it on and it sunk into my skin very quickly so i sprayed my face with a water mist to ‘feed the hylaronic acid’ i then put on my usual moisturizer. I swear the next day my skin irriatation was totally gone, my skin was hydrated like never before. And bizarrly, the fine lines across my forehead were totally plumped up. Any dehydration lines such as the ones on my nose had been plumped. Even the eczema on my lids had diminished significantly. I was actually shocked that this light watery hydrater had done what no thick emollient had ever been able to do. I immediatly bought the full size and some other dermalogica items because i was just so impressed by the first product id ever tried. Ive been using it for another week now and the eczema on my eyelids is gone! Phenominal product!

on 10/5/2016 1:05:00 PM

My skin just loves it.. it made my face look hydrating and healthy, it didn't cause any break outs and no greasy feeling at all.. i can say this is without a doubt my very favorite serum so far.

I've been using a sample of this for about a week now and am really happy with the results. I use a couple of drops and spread it all over my face and around my eyes after cleansing. Then I follow with Cetaphil cream. This plumps my skin and minimized the appearance of my wrinkles and fine lines. It also seems to make my skin more even-toned and less red.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I liked this product while I used it. It's a serum that enhances the actions of your moisturizer and they recommend you to add a few drops to your usual cream and apply it. My skin did seem more hydrated, but I like my skincare to be simple. For me, it was just an unnecessary hassle mixing those two. I rather prefer applying serum as usual before the moisturizer.

on 8/10/2015 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

LOVE!!!!!

This serum is amazing and transforms your skin from the first use. I use it morning and night and it keeps my combination skin hydrated without causing acne . Perfect to use around eyes for soft lines and doesn't irritate at all . When I don't use this my skin just doesn't feel as soft and supple. This keeps it plump and healthy looking. It also prevents me from getting scars and assists fast healing when I do have hormonal breakouts. Would recommend to everyone !

on 5/16/2015 10:14:00 AM

Do not like the feel on my skin with this gel-like treatment. Considering this and the price, this is not a winner for me.

on 3/17/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
I love how lightweight this feels on my skin. I use this in Summer, as my skin is still a little dehydrated in the heat. Its a perfect balance for me in summer and its not oily or greasy.

CONs:
I wish that it was hydrating enough to work all year around for me but it does nothing for my skin in the cooler months. I believe that this only work for people with dehydrated skin, and not people who have dry skin and fine lines

on 2/13/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I LOVE this product and use it all year round.It's an essential staple in the winter under day cream and foundation to fix & prevent flaking skin; in the summer sometimes I use it instead of moisturizer as it gives "watery" hydration, it's not greasy at all and it absorbs completely in minutes, without making skin shiny.
The price looked a bit prohibitive but in fairness you need a tiny amount of product so the bottle lasts for ages.
I was surprised to read bad reviews - I have super sensitive skin and I had no reaction. Of course, everyone can be sensitive/allergic to one ingredient, that does not make the product bad. Everything should be tested for allergies before buying.