Demeter Pruning Shears Pick me up spray

No Image

Green grass, green leaves, metal, and a hint of roses. A friend of mind gave it a try and loved it so much she went out and bought a bottle! I don't love it as much as Demeter's Ocean, Holy Smoke, or Stable... but it's up there. The longevity, however, is the pits. It only lasts about 20 minutes on me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

One of my favorite Demeter fragrances ever! And it was even before I found out it was created by Francis Kurkdijan! It's a fresh, long lasting mixed floral of garden flowers, mostly roses, but I can also smell sweet willam and lilac. It's fresh, vibrant and lush. You can even smell the shears themselves with a metallic wet undertone that just adds a depth of character and richness to the fragrance. It's lovely and created by a master perfumer -- it should be. On a side note -- Holy Water -- which is as good as Pruning Shears is another Demeter created by Francis Kurkdijan.

on 9/3/2001 6:22:00 AM

This is reminiscent of grass and roses, so perhaps the smell you would get if you used your pruning shears to cut the roses!
It's quite light and fresh, and very wearable. Lasts for a while

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A huge fan of demeter scents, my favorite thing to do with them is to layer Dirt with a floral, like rose or lily of the valley, and a green scent like grass. One smells just like a garden. That's what I think I was expecting Pruning Shears to smell like--dirt, flowers, green. I think my expectations were just really high. That said, this scent does smell REALLY LOVELY--mostly floral, with a subtle hint of green. I thought at least the green would be stronger, though...I guess this is what pruning shears would smell like if you were pruning through a rose-posy...

on 8/4/2003 2:06:00 PM

This is so pleasing I wouldn't hesitate to use it as a fragrance rather than just as an atmosphere spray.
I am a gardener so naturally couldn't wait to try this one and it certainly lives up to my expectations.
Pruning Shears takes you to the outside where you are engrossed in the task of snipping select green twigs from just bloomed bushes and the green juice at the core of the twiglets oozes out and the scent enters the air. While you are snipping away, something spicey and peppery and flowery is happening underfoot. Most likely your tennies are crushing wayward bee balm and spent flowers as you work your way round the shrubbery. Whew! I need a lemonade.

Popular Fragrances