DHC Moisture Pack

3.4

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This mask left my combo skin very, very smooth and clean. I wouldn't say it was particularly moisturized, just not tight or flaky, which is good. However, my pores were full of the mask, or dirt, after rinsing. I did an extraction and used some toner and it's better. To me this is a pretty average mask, but it did not sting like Origins Clear Improvement. I did enjoy the whipped texture. Basically, I'm on the fence about this but I know there are better masks to be had.

I got this as a sample, and I was barely able to finish putting it on before I had to wash it off. It just burns that badly. I've never really had sensitivity issues, but I definitely did not like how my skin reacted to this stuff. I wasn't expecting it to be good for me, since it's supposed to be for normal/oily skin, and my is normal/combination, with tendencies towards the dry side. Maybe if you have super oily skin, it won't hurt as much, but otherwise, I'd stay away from it.

Can't say what it actually did for my skin, as I couldn't stand to leave it on at all.

Be careful - this stuff gave an unpleasant burning sensation to my skin for the first few minutes, and I normally don't have any trouble w/product allergies. It went away, and when I removed the mask I definitely liked the way my skin felt, but I don't think it's enough to deal with that burning feeling again.

This burns my skin! Other masks that have had this effect on me are Origins charcoal and QHMJM - so if you have the same pattern of reactions, skip this one. It looks very much like DHC's urea cream out of the package. For the short time I had it on my face, it really made my skin feel very dry afterwards. I have combo skin. Would recommend this only if you have very oily, non-sensitive skin.

Maybe it only works for certain skin types. I'm combination with occasional acne. This mask did nothing for my skin. It didn't look any better or worse. And it does smell a little like mayonnaise, which made me mix it with a little bit of one of my clay masks. Then it worked fairly well. Clay masks like Origins charcoal masks are GREAT for cleaning out those pores but really dry you out or make it hurt to smile, talk or laugh while it's drying. Hence, I used up the rest of the Moisture Pack by mixing it half and half with all my clay masks. They cleaned out great and the mask was flexible enough during use that I didn't have to worry about smiling, laughing, or talking. And, when I washed it off, it didn't feel supremely dried out and still gave me that nice, matte glowing finish I like from the clay. Alone, though, it performed less than mediocre. In fact, on its own, it didn't perform at all. I'd suggest stocking up on samples and mixing them with clay masks.

I love this mask. It is not extremely drying like a lot of other masks designed for oily skin, in fact it is perfect for my skin which is oily with a dry surface layer. it hydrates my skin while drawing out enough oil. this is cheap only $17. I wash my face and apply this for about 5-10 minutes and remove it with a warm wash cloth and rinse. my skin feels great after. i recommend!

I got a sample of this and used it twice- both times I really loved the way my skin looked and felt afterwards. It's not as extremely cleaning or drawing as regular masks, but it definitely leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. Unfortunately I was in a rush both times I used this, so I didn't get to leave it on for very long and get the full effect, but even so, I really liked the results. I have combo-oily skin and after using this I didn't put on any moisturizer and felt fine. I think I'll have to buy this stuff, and then see what differences it makes with more regular use..will update :)

I just tried this for the first time from a sample, and I LOVED it! The only product that comes close is Dr. Hauschka's "Rejuvinating Mask". This is better. After applying a small amount, it dried quickly...within 5 minutes. It was drawing...it's got kaolin in it, but it left my skin oh so silky soft. So it's not nearly as drying as most clay masks. Nearly perfect.

this mask i think is best for combination skin because it suck out oil, so those of you have very dry skin, stay away from it. while it suck out oil and dirt, i'm not sure about adding in moisture, but it's not drying as other mask of its kind. for me, i didn't smell anything weird, more like clay. it does tone my skin and making it look more alive (when my skin is going through stress stage)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I decided to try this because it had the interesting concept of absorbing oil, yet adding moisture too. After three trial uses, I'm unsure of whether to ditch this product or not....good points: you don't need to leave the mask on for too long, it doesn't dry tight and it's easy to rinse off, it does indeed cut down my t-zone shine (contains a little bit of clay in the ingredients), yet it doesn't parch/irritate my dry cheeks, and my skin looks very rested the following morning. With all that I should be loving this mask, right? Well, the thing I can't get over is that it has a similar consistency as well as SMELL to mayonnaise. I literally have to breathe through my mouth while I have the stuff on my face so I don't get so bothered. It's not a raging Miracle Whip aroma, but it's enough to make me think of deli sandwiches... Well, I'll use up my last two samples and see if I'll get over the mayo factor and just judge the product based on the good results it gives to my skin.