Maybelline New York Forever Metallics - Earthly Ore 60

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This lipstick is FAB FAB FAB. Suits everybody. So so so pretty.

It's got a fine pink shimmer when you put it on, very subtle, very beautiful. I don't normally wear lipsticks, except this one, because it doesn't FEEL like lipstick.

It's nice alone, but enhances any other lipstick you may layer it over.

I like this with overdone, Arab-style eye makeup...it brightens the look and highlights lips just a touch. It's nude, but not colourless, you know? And you can build up the colour to a rose-brown.

I can't describe the colour. It's not exactly bronze, because it has a pink tone..but it's not pink-y either. It's not a typical nude because of the metallic shimmer you get.

The formulation is a tad drying.

It lasts me all day, and I rub it on my cheeks with some cream as blusher...works very well with my skin tone.

Oh, and the packaging's pretty.

This reminds me a lot of Lancome's Luxe, or at least on my lips anyway. Never tried these before because I was afraid of the metallic undertones. But this one is more of a light shimmer. I picked it up because my local store has discontinued them and I picked it up for $1.59. The other colors looked much more artifical but this one seemed nice and somewhat natural.

on 12/6/2005 2:29:00 PM

I love this color! BOGOF at Walgreesns this week, so I'm set for a while. Thang god!

on 11/5/2004 7:43:00 AM

I love this color so far! I love earthy brownish red colors and have found that it's a hard color to find in drugstore lippies. The color give my lips a great YLBB color with just a hint of shimmer. I still use my Clinique Lipblush liner with it but the combination works well together.

The texture of this lipstick is great too - especially for one that's a "long wearing" formulation. Normally the long wearing lipsticks feel very heavy and dry to me and this doesn't. It's light and almost feels like you have nothing on your lips which I like.

The packaging is nice - the only thing negative I could say about it is that I don't like the width of the product...it's like it's too wide for my lips and I have to watch that I don't draw all over my face. :-)

I would definitely this recommend this color and formulation for any one looking for a natural looking, long lasting lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A nice lipstick, a reddish brown neutral color. This is a bit like MAC Taupe but with lots of silver shimmer. I didn't really care for the shimmer as it made me look like I was back in high school, but the base color was okay. A little too red for my skin color. Loved the purple sleek case. Kind of disappointed that the lipstick was kind of drying. I wouldn't buy it again, but it's an okay lipstick from the drugstore.

on 5/21/2004 9:47:00 PM

I must say I am loving these Maybelline lipsticks, both this version and the original. This is a kind of bronzey beige, a bit darker than I usually wear, but still flattering, has reddish, subtle undertones. A very pretty color. I think I will keep buying these, they're awesome!

on 1/14/2004 1:35:00 PM

Shade: A natural reddish tone with a brown base. It has a teensy bit of shimmer despite the “Metallic” nomenclature.

Texture: Much the same as the regular “Forever” lippies. They are all quite weightless and comfortable to wear. After you’ve had them on a minute all of the shades seem to absorb or evaporate and sheer out a bit.

Endurance: Leave a bit of a stain after eating, but do not last anywhere near as long as they claim. They are non-drying.

Presentation: Plastic case.

Overall Impression: This is the best color of the Metallics. Looks vibrant, yet natural. I’m disappointed at the longevity.