NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.5

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Natural and the colour is gorgeous. It stays on a decent amount of time and it's not sticky.

There are 2 reasons, however that this loses points with me:
1. the packaging is terrible. I can't take this with me because no matter what I do it leaks everywhere. There's a problem where the gloss gets up near the cap and continually oozes out despite wiping the screw-on part. I have to wipe it down daily to keep it from leaking and that's a waste of product.
2. The smell is really strong and kinda gross. It smells and tastes like cherry cough syrup which is so sweet/sour I mistook it for sour bubblegum scent the first few times I wore it. And it doesn't go away after any amount of time.

The revlon gloss in the shade super natural is much better overall, so I recommend that one over the NYX.

on 5/7/2016 7:52:00 AM

For the price, it was soooo worth it!

I have the shade Dolly Pink and it looks so good! It glides on so well, isn't sticky and so bright in colour! A more vibrant colour on your lips may need another layer (but it may feel a bit heavy after it). Only $4.90 in Australian dollars!

Of course, the lip gloss colour will depend on the tone of your skin, so the colour choice you desire from this lip gloss WILL depend on how many layers you put on and your skin tone.

Otherwise, it is worth the purchase if you are hella low on cash but wanna look fab!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Oooo lordyyy! I love these glosses! I have them in Tea Rose, La La, Natural, Dolly Pink, Frosted Biege and Clear. I adore them all! Great for applying over lipsticks for added shine, moisture and/or sparkle. Also, fabulous on their own! They have great pigmentation, and the formula is slick and smooth... Not too thin, and not too thick and tastes/smells great.. Like vanilla sugar cookies or something. Just perfection! The tube is adorable and very sleek and simple, yet cute: Clear (so you can see the color), rectangular, long tube with rounded edges with a black twist off cap and the top of the cap has a cute little bow on it, which makes them easily identifiable inside my purse. The product is applied with a sponge tip applicator that I enjoy and that works quite well. I like these so much and I really want to get them in every color! (And there's a very wide range to choose from) Maybe a chocolate brown or plum color for fall.. Or a fun bright red! And at $5 a pop, I can definitely afford them all! Highly recommended!

on 10/25/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Ok, so here is my mixed review on this lipgloss. I love the color (I have French Kiss and Beige (which is pink by the way) ) and the ONLY issue I have with the lipgloss is that when you shut it, it smudges all out of the tube all over EVERYTHING!!!! It has ruined the inside of my purses because it just get's everywhere. I am sure I have lost 1/2 the product to napkins when wiping it off the tube...so not sure what part of the applicator needs tweeked, but something definitely does. I can find better quality tubes for less money.

on 6/11/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

PROS:
*LOTS of gorgeous colors to chose from (my personal favorite is french kiss)
*thin, sleek packaging. not a a big chunky thing.
*smells AMAZING. Like Hawaiian punch. Yummm
*NOT STICKY! Very smooth and creamy.
*Color has great staying power. Lasted a good 4 hours on me without any touch ups.
*Price was about 3 dollars at my Ulta store. Amazing! Way better than a 15 dollar Mac gloss or something.

CONS:
NONE

on 5/28/2013 10:50:00 AM

I have beige(which is actually pink) and perfect. Beautiful colors. Great color pay off. Last a long time. Love.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was actually shocked when I was looking at all of my previous reviews and could not find this one in the mix! I bought this lipgloss in 'Sponge Cake' around a year and a half ago and I haven't repurchased it yet since my tube isn't done. First off, the formulation of this lip gloss is amazing. I'm just going to come out and say it- I HATE LIPGLOSS. Its sticky and thick and your hair get stuck in it and it transfers awkwardly during a kiss....but this one doesn't and I think thats why I love it so much. It has all the great properties of lipstick but is in lipgloss form and most importantly....it isn't sticky! The smell of this lipgloss reminds me of grape fluoride from the dentist which now that I have made that connection, I am not a huge fan of but its really no big deal. This lipgloss isn't incredibly long lasting but I always find it funny when people say they are since I've tried just about every formulation under the sun and....none of them last that long- its the nature of the product. Sponge Cake is a really pretty color that is a reddy-orange, mostly leaning towards the red side of the spectrum and it has really pretty shimmer. It annoys me that NYX always names their products totally opposite to what they are when it comes to colour names but that doesn't truly matter- these are fantastic!

I've bought quite a few of these and don't plan on trying other lip glosses anymore. After all the hype of NARS glosses, I tried one and disliked it. Other brands tend to be sticky and somehow drying and/or the color payoff is just off. These are moisturizing and smell/taste nice and haven't had any go bad on me, unlike the expensive NARS ones.

Smokey Look is my absolute favorite and I bring it with me almost everywhere. It definitely helps when they go on sale so often. GREAT price for the quality.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not normally a lipgloss girl, but I can't say enough good things about Nyx lipglosses.

Not extremely sticky, have great pigmentation, and are inexpensive. Plus, they smell great (something like cherries with something else mixed in). I'll be getting a few more colors the next time I stop into Ulta.

Definitely recommend!

on 4/24/2011 1:33:00 AM

These lip glosses are so pigmented! I love love love love it! I just bought some of these glosses casually because I saw them at Ulta and fell in love with the cute exterior design, and I was like what the hey, let's get some. And these lip glosses surprised me. My goodness, I didn't know that they would stay so true to the color you see in the tube. It makes me happy. Super comfortable to wear also too! These are the kind of lip glosses you would wear if you want your lips to be more noticeable than usual :P