NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Mega Shine Lipgloss

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 2/20/2017 10:20:00 PM

First off, this is definitely a lip gloss that offers Mega Shine to be noticed from another planet. The intensity of shine is none other. The consistency is great, and glides on smooth. Has good enough staying power. However, what I disliked and started cringing is the aroma from this gloss. It smells like cherry cough drops, and the more I used it, the more my body cringed when I came to apply it. To the point that I was grossed out and couldn't use this product. My lips refused, just refused. That's why I took off 2 hippies, the smell is horrible. If you can withstand such a strong scent then got for it. I couldn't tolerate it after a while. It's too bad, because the shine on this product is amazing! I will stick to the Butter Glosses, those are sheer perfection!

on 5/7/2016 7:52:00 AM

For the price, it was soooo worth it!

I have the shade Dolly Pink and it looks so good! It glides on so well, isn't sticky and so bright in colour! A more vibrant colour on your lips may need another layer (but it may feel a bit heavy after it). Only $4.90 in Australian dollars!

Of course, the lip gloss colour will depend on the tone of your skin, so the colour choice you desire from this lip gloss WILL depend on how many layers you put on and your skin tone.

Otherwise, it is worth the purchase if you are hella low on cash but wanna look fab!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this gloss in two shades- natural and perfect red. They're both fantastic formulas- hydrating-ish (not as much as a balm), really glossy, and not sticky. They also smell kind of incredible, sort of fruity in a cherry kind of way (though if you're the kind of person who thinks that's a cough medicine smell you might not like it). I have a really strong gripe with the packaging, though: it's terrible. Not in the sense that I can't apply it evenly, the dow-foot applicator is totally fine and has a nice slant to it- the thing is it's just terribly weak, and sort of leaks. I dropped one of them on a wood floor (not tile or anything) and it just completely broke and I had to throw it away. And when I close the gloss, product always manages to squeeze out around where the cap meets the rest of tube, so that's frustrating. But I'm willing to put up with it for how incredible this is otherwise.

Perfect red is a blue-based red that I really like to put on top of more orangey reds for some reason. It's is a bit too sheer of a red for me to wear on its own (it's just impossible to get even) but as a topper for any other red lipstick, it just does something absolutely divine and makes it look incredibly sexy. It definitely transfers a lot, but still last quite a while; it also bleeds a lot without some sort of lip liner.

Natural is a pink-brown mauve shade, one of the best neutrals I've ever found for my skin tone. It is a bit on the cool side for my warm-toned skin, but not by much, so I'd probably say that it has a neutral undertone. It doesn't bleed like perfect red, but it only lasts for 2-3 hours as opposed to 6-ish.

I had a sudden want for lipgloss and Nyx usually doesn't disappoint. I have 112 Natural (warm brownish-pink), 160 Tea Rose (mid-tone rose), and 163 Pink Rose (pinky coral with multi-colored microglitter).

Just to give an idea, my lips are full and very pigmented (upper lip is much darker than my lower lip). I can wear Natural on it's own but I wanted it to be more vibrant so I put a little concealer on my lips to lighten it--same thing for Tea Rose. Pink Rose, on the other hand, would have to be worn with lined lips (I tried it with Nyx lip liner in 858 Nude Pink) and it is PERF but is otherwise kind of disappointing. Kinda makes me sad because it really is such a beautiful color when swatched but is super sheer on its own. I'm trying to be optimistic about it and just wear it by itself in the summer.

I hear a lot of people rave about 115 African Rose (which is a very vibrant deep-purple fuchsia with blue shimmer) but I don't think Ulta carries it (I could have sworn I've seen that color there before though). I will definitely have to order it.

This is a lipgloss so I don't expect it to stay on for super long, and I'm fine with reapplying. It does have a smell that is off-putting to some (to me, it smells like what a cherry Jolly Rancher tastes like if that makes sense lol) but it's gone once applied. These lipglosses are good for a sheer pop of color and could be AWESOME on top of a lipstick or lip liner. If you want a lipgloss that has a flat color (with no shimmer or glitter), I would go with Nyx Butter Gloss (another favorite of mine). Hope this helps!

on 7/29/2015 2:24:00 PM

I have clear, color 103. This is great for a clear, shiney lipgloss. I buy this from almost every brand - MAC, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, Wet & Wild. This is a really shiney finish. Sticky as expected but decently long wearing.

I removed 1 lippy because the taste/smell is so gross! Smells like Luden Cherry cough drops to me & makes me somewhat nauseas :(

I always buy these. I have so many colors! Cheap price, good quality, very pigmented.

PROS: This lip gloss is the perfect accessory to have in your purse, especially when you're running out the door. The color payoff is great, but not too overpowering. The product itself is super moisturizing, and makes your lips look very smooth.

CONS: The formula is not extremely long-lasting, so you will have to reapply a few times throughout the day, but given the cheap price, I still think it's a great product.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Very affordable and cute lip glosses, and quite a wide range of colors to choose from. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cheap but decent lip gloss.

i have only the shade sugar pie. not sure if its just this shade, but whenever i wear this, the smell of it makes me nauseous. its soooo sickly sweet its disgusting. also, the staying power could be better. otherwise the packaging, color selection and color payoff is great.

I have the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look. It's one of the first lip products I've ever purchased by NYX cosmetics. I don't like it. The packaging looks cute with the bow on the cap, but what really bothers me about this lip gloss is the smell.

I'm not terribly fond of lip products with a scent. Actually, I'm okay with some scented lip products like the Nivea Lip Butter Lip balms in Raspberry Rose or Vanilla Macadamia, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Burts' Bees original Peppermint. But the thing is---I am not fond of the cherry scent that these NYX Mega Shine lip glosses have nor do I like the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks which have a watermelon scent. These scents are sickening and while they probably go away after a while...it makes the moment you put it on your lips unbearable.

It's not the favorite lip gloss I have in my purse because of the smell. Pigmentation wise it is very nude peach-ish. It can be streaky. I would not buy another one if I ran out of it and I'm really contemplating whether or not I should just throw it out. It will be my first and last mega shine lip gloss for sure!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade "natural" its a lovely nude shade (pink with Brown undertone) that will look great with any eyeshadow. What I love that it has zero shimmer/glitter. I usually wear this without any lipstick underneath because its very pigmented and opaque (idk if the other shade also like this). The lipgloss smells like children's Tylenol (cherry) I really don't mind it at all.